Chapter 2

My Best Friend Taehyung

 

(Y/N POV)

BZZZ BZZZ

I walk over to my bed where my phone is laying and pick it up. I had a new text from Tae.

Tae-Tae: Hey the movie starts in about an hour are you ready?

Y/N: Yeah getting dressed now.

Y/N: Are we meeting there or am I getting you or what?

Tae-Tae: No no no, I’ll be getting you. I’ll be there in like 15 mins. Is that okay?

Y/N: Aww, thanks. And yeah that’s fine.

Y/N: See you soon.

I started scrambling to find something to wear. “, , !” I grab a few options from my closet and hold them up in front of myself and look in the mirror. Finally deciding on something, I grab some black jeans, a white top, black leather jacket, and some black booties.

 

 

By the time I get fully dressed there is a knock on the door to my apartment. “Coming!” I yell from my bedroom as I scrambled to the front door.

“Hey, you read-” Taehyung started as he looked me up and down. “Wow, don’t you look good, I thought we were going to a movie, you look too fancy!” I stick my tongue out at him.

“Ha ha, very funny. For your information this is even my final form, but on a serious note, I don’t look that fancy.” I explain to him as I grab my bag off my kitchen counter.

“Well you look great. This is just my first form.” He says while showing off his outfit. “How am I supposed to compete with you now?”

“Compete with me? What do you mean?

“Nothing, never mind. Come on let’s go.” He holds out his arm to me, I link mine with his and we set off. We get into his car that is parked across the street and leave for the movie theatre.

“So, is your work making you go in on another Saturday?” Taehyung asks me while keeping his eyes on the road. I started working at a local up and coming company’s main office pushing papers. I was basically there to do all the grunt work. This job is another reason why I’m really hating my major. Seeing all the deceit and cut-throat actions by everyone has really left me losing faith in the business industry.

“Yeah…. unfortunately. I have to organize and file some paperwork for my bosses.” I said unenthusiastically.

“Why don’t you call in sick and play hooky. We can go do something, if you want I can even ask everyone else to join in too.” He said trying to sway me.

“You know I can’t, I really need the money for my apartment.” I started fiddling with my hands and shaking my leg. Oh great, here comes the chest pain. Think about something else Y/N, don’t think about work. COME ON! I thought to myself. Taehyung turned up the volume of the radio a little bit, grabbed my hand that was closest to him and started singing to the radio once he noticed my fidgeting. I continued to shake and he started squeezing my hand more firmly.

“Just try and focus on your breathing.” He takes a short pause between song lyrics to try and help remind me to breathe.

Okay I can do this, breathe. It’s easy, you can do this. In. I take a deep breath in and listen to Taehyung’s singing. Out. I release my breath and repeat the process. All while listening to Taehyung’s deep voice. All I could manage to focus on was his voice and my breathing. His voice so hypnotic, I could feel the pain in my chest slowly fade away and my legs stopped shaking. I hadn’t even realized that I had tightly shut my eyes closed until I could feel my face start to relax. I could tell Taehyung had turned to face me because his singing sounded more directed towards me. I slowly opened my eyes and fluttered them a bit adjusting to the bright lights again. I noticed that the car had stopped. I turn my head towards Taehyung and his singing got a little softer as he looked me in the eyes.

“Better?” He asks with concern in his eyes. I nodded my head yes.

“Thank you.” I muttered a little embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I could feel my face beginning to get hot. I hated having these sort of attacks in front of people.

“You don’t need to thank me. It’s why I’m here. You can always count on me.” He gives me a light, playful nudge to the chin causing me to give a weak smile. “Not the smile I was looking for, but I’ll take it. Now, let’s go see the movie.” He got out of the car and ran to my side of the car and opened the door for me. I smiled a slightly bigger smile and thanked him. He grabbed my hand and linked my arm with his as we started walking into the theatre. I headed into our specific theatre to grab our seats while Taehyung got a drink and some snacks for us. As he sat down, we started discussing what we thought this new Jurassic World movie would be about. I told him it was probably still going to be action packed but have more comedy than the last one. Both of us had been avoiding any trailers for the movie and online posts about it because we didn’t want any sort of spoilers to ruin it for us. We kept sharing ideas back and forth until the new movie trailers began.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Taehyung’s POV)

We both walk out of the theatre a little emotionally drained. I look at Y/N who was walking beside me. “Well that didn’t go the way I thought it would. “I say to her as I noticed her eyes were still a little red from when she was crying during the movie. She hates seeing animals injured. People she’s fine with, but animals are another story.

“No kidding, I thought it was going to be funny. My heart still hurts!” I rub her back to try and make her feel better. I guess I should’ve bought tickets for Ant-Man instead, I thought to myself.

“Do you want to go anywhere to grab something to snack on?” I ask her as I open the car door for her.

“I can’t, I have work in the morning remember. I have to go to bed soon.” She explained to me as I got into the car.

“You sure? We don’t have to go somewhere we can just hang out at your place or mine. I don’t want you to be alone while you are still said from the movie.”

“You can come over to my place, but I can’t promise that it’ll be fun.” She offered me.

“Deal, your place it is.” I start the car and begin driving to Y/N’s apartment. We were both silent the whole way to her apartment. I assume she was just too sad to really talk about anything. As I park the car she unbuckles her seat belt and gets out of the car. I quickly did the same and make my way in front of her and stop.

“What?” She asks me. I turn away from her and kneel on the ground.

“Get on?” I instructed with a smile.

“Tae, not now.” She grumbled as she tries going around me. I quickly shuffle back in front of her.

“Yes now.” I tell her firmly while motioning her to get on my back. She just glares at me and rolls her eyes.

“Fine, you win.” I smile at victory as she finally agrees. “You and that dang smile.” She tried muttering to herself as she got on to my back.

“What was that?” I quickly respond, pretending I didn’t hear her.

“Nothing!” She stated caught off guard and I chuckle to myself. I stand up and begin walking to her apartment complex.

“So, do you want to watch a different movie or something when we get inside?” I ask her as I walk into the building. “You know to make up for the one we just saw?”

“Sure, that sounds okay to me.” She responded. I walk past the elevators and to the stairwell. “Wait why are you taking the stairs? Why aren’t we taking the elevator?” She asks me confused.

“Oh, because I missed my workout. So, we are gonna take the stairs.”

“Let me down then, you shouldn’t carry me up the stairs. I don’t want you to hurt yourself.” She begins wiggling as she pleads with me to let her down.

“You keep wiggling so much you’re going to hurt both of us. Just relax and let me carry you.” I argue as I begin walking up the stairs. She gives in and stops wiggling allowing her body to go a little limp.

“So, what are we going to watch? Did you have anything in mind?” She asks me.

“Not really, but I’m sure we could find something on Netflix or Hulu.” I answer starting to feel a little bit winded as we approach her floor.

“Okay, that works. Now can you put me down since we’re on my floor?”

“Yes of course I can, your royal highness.” I joke with her as I kneel down again so that she could climb down.

“And what a noble stead you were, thank you.” She said while patting my head. I stand back up as she unlocks her door and steps inside. I followed her in and she immediately walks towards her bedroom to put her stuff away. “You wanna start looking for something to watch? I have to use the restroom really fast.”

“Sure thing.” I tell her. I walk over to her coffee table and grab the PS4 controller and TV remote, turning both things on. I sit down on the couch, launch Netflix and begin looking for something to watch. As I think that I have found something, Y/N walks out of her bedroom and walks into her kitchen by the front door. “Hey, what about Young Frankenstein?” I suggest to her.

“Yeah, that sounds good. Do you want something to drink Tae?”

“Yes please, can I have some water?”

“One water coming right up.” She brings me the cup of water and hands it me as she sits down next to me.

“Thank you.” I start the movie and we lean back into the couch and watch the movie. Y/N puts her head on my shoulder and hugs my arm. “I know I make a great pillow and all, but don’t go falling asleep.” I joke with her.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” She retorts. About 30 minutes later, I look down to check on her. Just as I predicted she fell asleep. I gently lift her head off my arm and take it out from her grasp. I stand up and look at her for a moment and laugh to myself. I pick her up bridal style and walk to her bedroom. I lay her on her bed and pull the covers over her. Then I walk into her living room, grab her phone and bring it back to her room to charge. I also make sure that her alarm is set for her to wake up for work in the morning.

“Goodnight Y/N. I’ll see you later.” I turned off her bedroom light and walk out closing the door behind me. I gather up my stuff and walk out her apartment locking it with the spare key she gave me a while ago. I make my way out of her building, to my car, and start to drive home.