-fin-

Moment of Serenity

The cobbled streets and the grand old buildings always elicit a feeling of an era long gone.  As a couple of tourists bring out their phones to immortalize the beauty around them like many others,  a luxury car pulled up and stopped right across the street. The couple was surprised to see several paparazzi suddenly run towards the car and started snapping pics even before the doors opened.

"Must be someone famous..." the guy said.  His girlfriend just nodded. A couple more other people gathered to satisfy their curiosity. A suited guy comes out of the grand building and opens the door of the car. Some of the people gathered also pulled out their phones to film whoever famous person was there.

"Babe, take a video of them quick!" The guy nudged her girlfriend.

"Oppa, you have your phone out too!" The girl rolled her eyes but opened her phone camera. Unfortunately they were a bit far so she has to zoom in. And what she saw made her gasp.

A brunette with long wavy hair steps out of the car. Her long silver earrings gleamed with the sunlight. Her white sheer dress followed the shape of her body nicely, with a white bow  giving a nice accent to the lady's back. She nods and smiles to the cameras, and then turns around and smiles at the passerbys with their phones.

The girlfriend was frozen into place as the lady seems to stare straight at her, her eyes binding her and never letting go. Her smile was so ethereal, and her beauty got everybody mesmerized.

"Babe, do you know her?" Her boyfriend asked. Looking away from his own phone, he noticed his girlfriend's jaw dropped at the sight of that famous person across the street.

So he nudged her again. 

"Do you know her?"
 

 

 

 

 



"Do you know her?"

Sooyoung glanced down at the girl beside her, then moved her gaze to the person in front of their school, swarmed by students, teachers, and press alike.

"No, should I?"

The girl beside her slapped her arm.

"OW THAT HURTS SICA!"

"WELL STOP BEING AN IDIOT SOO!" Sica retorted. Soo pouted and rubbed her arm. Sica just rubbed her temples.

"She's a famous actress, Soo!"

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow. "So? What has that gotta do with me?"

Sica slapped her arm again.

"OUCH! STOP SLAPPING ME!"

"You should know your girlfriend's future friends!"

"What?!"

Sica rolled her eyes. "Sooyoung," she started with a condescending tone people used with children, "how can I introduce you as the wife of the bestest actress ever if you don't know the people that surrounds her?"

Sooyoung smirks. "I don't even know the bestest actress ever, how the hell am I gonna be her wife?"

Sica kicks her in the shin.

"OH MY GOD WHY IS MY GIRLFRIEND SO VIOLENT?!"

Sica rolled her eyes again, then glares at Sooyoung.

"You'll see,  I'll be the best actress ever,  and you'll just see me in the tv or the streets or whatever,  and people will ask you,  do you know her? And you'll just say, yeah I know her, she's the bestest actress ever,  and there will be tears falling down your eyes because you're regretting not believing in me,  and then mmphf-"

Sooyoung shut her up by kissing her.  As their lips part, Sooyoung her lips and smiles.

"That will never happen" Sica pouted and Sooyoung just chuckled and flicked her girlfriend's forehead.

"OW AND YOU SAID I WAS VIOLENT!"

"SHUT UP AND LET ME FINISH!" Sooyoung sighed.

"That will never happen because I always believe in you." Sooyoung smiled lovingly at Sica, and the older girl smiled back. "And I will not just see you in tv or in the streets because I will always be by your side. And when people take pictures of you and you bask in the limelight, you just need to glance at the side and I'll be there, cheering you on." She took Sica's hand and held it with both her hands, caressing her thumbs against Sica's skin. "And then you will smile at me, and I will smile back, and people will ask me, do you know her?" She lifts her girlfriend's hand and gives it a kiss. "And I will think how lucky I am to be the wife of the bestest actress ever, and I will answer those people with a smile." Sica smiled shyly and Sooyoung smiled back. "I will answer, yeah, I know her, she's the bestest actress ever." She wipes the tears that came out of Jessica's eyes and kissed her head.

"I love you," Sica whispered.

Sooyoung whispered back, "I love you too."

Their gazes return to the mass of people in front of them.

"So," Sooyoung asked.

"Do you know her?"
 

 

 

 

 



"Soo babe, do you know her?" Kyungho nudged his girlfriend again, and that shook Sooyoung out of her flashback. She looked at her phone and noticed that the brunette was already going up the stairs and into the doors of the grand old building. But before she entered she turned around again and stared at the public mesmerized by her beauty. Sooyoung would swear later that their eyes met, and the brunette smiled and waved.

And then she turned around and entered the building, and that was the last time Sooyoung saw her in person.

"So do you know her?" Kyungho asked again, while watching the doors close and the people that were once gathered disperse into the historic streets of Paris.

Sooyoung smiled, and wiped the tears that came out of her eyes before Kyungho would notice.

 

"Yeah I know her. She's the bestest actress ever."