MAMA

Mental: Patient Zero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leisure room – Day time:

As Winter came, the sunny days were nowhere to be seen. The yellowish garden has become coated with a white layer, covering the scenery’s mystic beauty.

With patients being discharged by the end of every month, the leisure room itself lost color. It has become more of a gloomy area where the remaining residents both wandered and wondered if their salvation would come sooner than later.

In the said room, it took one scream to terrorize the residents and alert the staff “LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“I-I’m sorry Hoseok … I just noticed that you haven’t danced in a while and I wanted to know if something was bothering you …” Lucy apologetically explained herself.

Hoseok glowered at her, “What’s it to you anyways? What does it matter if I dance or not? Did I ever bother you? Did I ever ask you what was wrong with you?”

“Hoseok!” Jimin yelled out from the end of the room, “Don’t be rude, I’m sure she meant well.”

“No one asked her to, and who named you her lawyer anyways?” Hoseok countered.

The short bickering was interrupted by nurse Abby and some other nurses storming into the room, “What’s going on? What’s all this fuss about?”

“I did all of this for her. I did all of this to redeem myself, but we keep growing apart with every passing day,” Hoseok unveiled as he fell on his knees in tears.

“There there, boy,” Nurse Abby comforted him as she sent the staff away, “You will see her again in no time, you have my word.”

Healing room – Day time:

Just like the leisure room, the white wide room that once brought comfort and peace to its visitors started gaining a dark color itself. Nevertheless, this did not stop the residents from gathering every week to talk about their feelings.

“When was the last time you saw your family?” V initiated the session. “I haven’t seen my parents in months. The last call I received … shattered me to pieces, but I couldn’t do anything about it. I just lay in my bed, and thought of a way to mend it, to make it work. I’m still looking for a way.”

Jimin followed, “I haven’t seen my family since I was admitted. They tried to contact me but I chose not to see them. I swore to stay isolated until I have fully recovered, I don’t want them to see me in pain. I don’t want to see them in pain.”

“When I first came here, my mother promised that she will visit me often.” Hoseok shared, “Two phone calls in six months, that’s all I got. She promised me to keep in touch and I promised her to be healthy … Now, I am wondering if it’s worth keeping my promise since she hasn’t kept hers.”

“My family doesn’t know I’m here. They probably think I’m on vacation or something. I admitted myself because I realized that I needed help and, even if I wanted to explain this to them, I am not sure they will grasp it … I want to be there for them, but for that I have to be here first. I hope that I will manage to save myself and protect my family. I would hate myself if I ended up being our own undoing.” Lucy confessed with a heavy heart.

“I don’t have a family,” RM stated. “Even if I did, I don’t think that they care that much about me to actually look for me, or just tell me who I am for that matter. I’m starting to think that I ended up here because of them, but I can’t blame someone I have never met. I will get better, I will find out who I am and I will look for my family … Even if they don’t want me back, I want to find them and tell them that I survived; not for them but for myself. I’m here for a reason, we all are. This is not the time to let ourselves get overwhelmed. We can do this, we can save ourselves.”

Doctor X’s office – Night time:

Like every month, Hoseok brought up his mother in the individual assessment. Yet, tonight’s session wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter