Realistic Idealism

Realistic Idealism

 

Hwang Seul Gi smiled as she walked around the streets of London. She hoped she could catch a glimpse of Siwon walking around the city. As her phone dinged, she laughed as another picture of Siwon's escapades appeared along with a tweet.

 

"Ah~ Oppa you shaved!" She whined as she typed in that same reply on twitter. Immersed in her phone, she didn't watch where she was going and bumped into someone, dropping her phone as the message sent.

 

"Oh! I'm sorry." A gentle voice said and she grabbed her phone, looking up at the person who'd apologized. fell open and the phone slipped through her fingers again. In front of her, Choi Siwon stood in all his glory.

 

A fierce blush spread across Seul Gi's cheeks and she bowed as Siwon bent down and retrieved her phone for her, an amused smile crossing his face as he saw the image on her screen. “So you didn’t want me to shave then?” He asked.

 

Seul Gi blushed brighter and nodded. “I thought you looked very nice Oppa. I- You still do though!” She stuttered and he laughed, handing her phone back to her and pulling his own out as he wrapped an arm around her and snapped a picture. “There. You did technically find me.” He said, taking her hand and kissing it gently.

 

“Oh! T-thank you Oppa. It was nice meeting you and I didn’t mean to bump into you.” She said and bowed, once again. Siwon smiled, bowed slightly, and stepped around her to continue on his way.

 

Seul Gi made her way to her hotel to check in with her best friend before heading out again. When she opened the door, she was met with a hug and a boat load of questions. “OMFG how did you run into Siwon Oppa? What happened? Why did he have his arm around you?” Her friend asked and Seul Gi smiled, making him sit down.

 

“Calm down Jae Hyun. I was tweeting and accidentally bumped into him. He saw my phone’s picture and commented on it and then took a picture with me since I ‘found’ him.” She said as her friend fidgeted. After a moment of silence, Jae Hyun jumped onto his friend and squealed as he hugged her. “SO lucky!” He said and pulled away.

Seul Gi stood and smiled. “Well I’m going to go shop a bit for some things so I’ll keep you posted kay? And you should go out too.” She said and JaeHyun pouted. “Nah, Kiran is coming to pick me up. She insists that I’m gay because I’m a fanboy but I’m just effeminate, so I’m taking her on a date to romance her.” He said dramatically making Seul Gi smile. “Okay.”

 

After she left the hotel for the second time that morning, she headed for the mall and to a small store that sold hand crafted London trinkets.  She bought three. One for herself, one for Jae Hyun, and one for Siwon on the off chance she saw him again. As if reading her mind, she spotted a crowd outside a clothing store and peeked into the glass, spotting Siwon bowing to the fans and trying to get away politely.

 

Approaching with Siwon’s gift in her hands, she tapped a few of the fans. “Excuse me… Sorry but it seems like he needs to go now so can’t you all let him through?” She asked getting dirty looks from the fans. “You just want us to leave to get him all to yourself. Well too bad. Siwon Oppa would leave if he wanted to.” One girl snapped while another pushed Seul Gi, making her fall to the ground, her gift sliding across the floor and getting trampled.

 

Siwon spotted the incident and frowned. “Yah! Let me past.” He said, making his way through with an angry expression and kneeling down to help Seul Gi up, grabbing her gift and turning to his fans. “I never want to see anyone treated like this by my fans, let alone another of my fans.” He said before walking away with Seul Gi, leaving the fans stunned.

 

After getting a decent distance away, he stopped and turned to her. “Are you alright?” He asked, handing her the trinket. “Y-yes. Thank you so much. That was for you but here… you can have mine instead. I didn’t think I’d actually run into you again. I was just trying to help I didn’t want to start a fight.” She explained.

 

Siwon took the small trinket and patted her shoulder. “C’mon. I have filming to do but after I’ll treat you to dinner. It’s the least I can do after what happened.” He said and Seul Gi’s eyes widened. “Wha—but it wasn’t your fault!” She argued gaining a smile from him. “There aren’t many fans like you out there. 99% would immediately accept.” He said and led her towards an exit.

 

“I’m sure there are a lot of fans who would do the same thing I did.” She mumbled as he opened the door for her and got in after her. “Um… won’t people be upset if you’re seen with me? I’m just a fan.” She mumbled. “You are a person. It doesn’t matter to me if you’re a fan or not. You know right from wrong just like I do.” He said and she blushed.

 

“Thank you Siwon Oppa.” She said, looking at her lap as they rode. “So are you visiting London too?” Siwon asked after a while of silence. “Hm? Oh… yes I am. I’m visiting with my friend Jae Hyun. We wanted to visit the country and shop some. It was just a bonus that you happened to be in the area.” Seul Gi admitted.

 

“I see. It’s good to see people wanting to explore other cultures and countries.” He said and Seul Gi smiled. “My friend probably wants me to call him. He had a date or something but I should be home by now.” She said, reaching for her phone. “Huh?! It’s gone!” She said, bringing her purse onto her lap to search through it. “My phone! My mom is going to kill me. It must have fallen out in that crowd.” She whined, slouching down in the seat.

 

She heard someone shift and felt plastic in her hands. “Here, use mine until we can figure out what to do about yours.” Siwon offered with a smile and Seul Gi swore she melted a little inside. ~Such a gentleman.~ She thought. Siwon laughed and she blushed. “Oh my gosh! Did I say that out loud?!”

 

………………

 

Seulgi now sat in a chair off set playing with apps on Siwon’s phone as she waited for him to get done shooting. She had called her mother and told her that her phone was missing and likely broken and her mother told her not to worry much about it, asking where she was. Unsure if her mom would believe her, she told her she was with Jae Hyun.

 

After her millionth fail at Doodle Jump, she sighed and sat Siwon’s phone down before a thought struck her. “I wonder if he has Ryeowook’s number…” She mumbled to herself but left the phone turned off. “Eh, it’s not my business.” She added.

 

“I do have his number.” Startled by Siwon’s voice, Seul Gi jumped and blushed. “Ah… I just wondered because with all the changes he’s been through on stage I wondered how he was really like.” She admitted and Siwon laughed. “Well, that’s for him to tell people. C’mon let’s grab a bite to eat and see what we can do about that phone of yours.” He said, holding out his hand to hers.

 

“Mmm. This is great. I’ve never had this before.” Seul Gi said, tasting the dish Siwon had insisted on ordering for her. “Thanks again for all of this. I know you don’t have to do this.” She said and Siwon smiled. “You were trying to help me and I appreciate that.” He said, sending a message on his phone.

 

After a little while of silence, Seul Gi sighed and put her chopsticks down. “That was great food. Thank you Oppa.” She said once again and Siwon nodded, popping another piece of food into his mouth. “Ah, Ryeowook’s here.” He said making Seul Gi squeak and turn in her seat, knees up in the seat as she peered over the back of  the booth to see Ryeowook asking for their table.

 

The man she was peeking around gave her an odd look and she shh’d him before sitting back down, eyes wide and breathing short. “I’m going to faint. For some reason, it’s more intimidating to see him up close than it was you.” She whispered and Siwon laughed.

 

Ryeowook made his way over to their table and bowed, before pulling up a chair. “Here.” He said, handing a small package to Seul Gi. She pointed at herself and when he nodded she opened it. Inside was a sleek new phone with a Super Junior phone charm on it.

 

“Catch her.” Siwon mumbled and Ryeowook looked confused before yelping as Seul Gi passed out, nearly falling out of the booth. “Take her to the car while I pay for this. When she wakes up we can find out where she’s staying.” Siwon said and Ryeowook nodded, picking her up and carrying her out to Siwon’s car.

 

Moments later, Siwon showed up and thanked him. “You’re taking her to the hotel?” Ryeowook asked apprehensively and Siwon nodded. “Yeah just until she wakes up. Then I need to get ready for us to go back home. Thanks for coming with me by the way.” (A/N: I know Ryeowook was not with him.)

 

The drive to the hotel was short but getting inside without being seen was a job in itself. Carefully picking Seul Gi up, Siwon headed in through the back, waiting on the elevator to come down and praying no fans would be in the lobby. His prayers went unanswered as he heard the tell-tale sounds of whining and excitement.

 

He stepped into the elevator, shifting Seul Gi in his arms so he could press the button for his floor and sighed as the doors closed, leaving the fans behind.

 

Once he was in his room, he set Seul Gi down onto the bed and toed off his shoes, calling Eeteuk. “Yah Hyung… I’ll be getting on the plane in about three hours or so. If anything weird pops up online let me know… Nah it’s nothing to worry about.” He said before saying goodbye and dropping his phone on the bed.

 

“Hey. Seul Gi?” He asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed and shaking her shoulder a bit. Blinking, Seul Gi began to come to and shot upright. “Woah! I’m sorry I didn’t mean for that to happen!” She apologized, bowing, before looking around.

 

“We’re in my room. I wanted to make sure you get home safely so I brought you here until you woke up.” He explained. Seul Gi nodded and smiled a bit. “Ah, okay thanks very much.” She said. Siwon nodded and grabbed his keys. “C’mon I’ll drive you home. Let me pack though so we can drop you off and I’ll head to the airport afterwards.” He said and Seul Gi nodded.

As they loaded everything into his car, Seul Gi bowed to him and smiled. “I know I can’t casually tell people about what all you did for me because half won’t believe me but… I appreciate everything and I’m so happy that you’re how you seem to be.” She said and Siwon grinned. “Don’t worry about it.

When Siwon pulled up in front of her home, Seul Gi had to admit that she didn’t want to get out of the vehicle. “Oppa… Can we keep in touch?” She asked timidly, fiddling with the new phone Ryeowook had brought her.

Siwon sighed and Seul Gi almost regretted asking before eeping as he pulled her in close and smiled. “Say cheese!” He said, snapping a photo of their laughing faces and taking her phone. He handed it back to her and smiled. “Open it when you go up to your room. Bye. It’s nice to meet someone like you once in a while.” He said and Seul Gi nodded, thanking him one last time before getting out of the car and going up to her hotel room.

 

Jae Hyun met her at the door with a worried look on his face and enveloped her in a hug. “Where have you BEEN?!” He shouted, ushering her inside and shutting the door. Seul Gi ignored him and sat on the bed, flipping her phone open. Her only contact was Siwon Choi with the display as the picture they had taken in the car.