Donghyuck - 2

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So why are you going to Mark’s place again?” Donghyuck hummed to show that he was listening as he lowered the volume of the radio in the car. “Like, I think it’s great that you’re finally talking to him but seriously Hyuck-“

“It’s for the news team,” He interrupted the older Japanese male who glanced at him from the corner of his eye as he stopped for a red light. “That’s all.”

“So it has nothing to do with the fact that you’re texting him?” Yuta asked abruptly as he turned to look at the older male who was hosting a smirk. “Jaemin told me.”

“That rat,” He hissed out, taking out his phone to send death threats to the younger male.

“Calm down, Hyuck. Mark’s a good guy - he’s related to Taeyong after all,” Yuta stated, pulling into the driveway of a double storey house that he had never seen before in his life. The front had a small garden filled with flowers behind the typical picket fence that was found in fairy tales. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Does he really live here?” He asked, voice coming out small as they walked down the footpath to the front door where Yuta politely pressed the door bell three times. 

“Yes and no. This is Taeyong and Johnny’s place and he’s living here until he can move out since his parents are still in Canada,” Yuta informed him as Taeyong opened the door and greeted Yuta with a roll of his eyes.

“How many times have I told you to use your key?” Taeyong sighed out before planting a short kiss on Yuta’s embarrassed smile and turning towards Donghyuck. “Jaemin told me about your article. The bulgogi will be ready soon so just make yourself at home on the couch since Mark’s upstairs and doesn’t want to be annoyed yet.”

“Thanks for letting me do this. I really had no idea how to get in touch with him and I couldn’t just tell him since he doesn’t know me,” He explained, watching as the couple exchanged a look and smiled at each other before laughing together. “Okay, quit doing that weird .”

“You’ll be doing it too when you find someone special, gay king of the school,” Yuta commented before he left to go to the kitchen since he was worried about their food. 

“Just rest for a while or get whatever you need ready, Hyuck,” Taeyong told him and he nodded taking out his phone and messaging the news team group chat to update them on his whereabouts.

 

WE ARE BAD ES

 

Haechan~

At Mark’s place now

 

Haechan~

You all owe me

 

JaeMinnieMouse

We all know you want to be there!!!

 

Jeno :)

:)

 

Haechan~

You two

 

Haechan~

Go die

 

President Injun

Don’t die

 

President Injun

I need those interviews for the article!

 

JaeMinnieMouse

You’ll get them, calm down Injunnie

 

JaeMinnieMouse

Love You~!

 

2001Princess

Back off, Jaemin

 

Lele

OH SHE’S MAD

 

President Injun

Jaemin, go do your interview with Kim Yerim

 

JaeMinnieMouse

I think she stood me up

 

2001Princess

Tbh, I would too

 

Jiji

same

 

Lele

Same x2

 

JaeMinnieMouse

00 line wouldn’t right?

 

Haechan~

100% would

 

President Injun

Can’t blame her

 

Jeno :)

:)

 

“Why are my friends so boring?” He asked himself as he finally stepped out of shoes and let himself rest on the couch. Maybe I should give Mark Lee a chance… 

 

It wasn’t long before he had another chat open and he was messaging the one guy that he didn’t think he would be messaging this soon. 

 

THE Mark Lee

 

Yo, you dead?

 

Donghyuck quickly switched back to the news team chat to see if anything interesting had happened in the few seconds that he had left.

 

WE ARE BAD ES

 

President Injun

Jeno, interview Yukhei

 

Jeno :)

I can’t get through to him

 

Jeno :)

I think he’s talking with someone else and keeps declining me

 

Donghyuck found himself sighing at the events that he was forced to read in the group chat of his only friends before a new message notification caught his eye. 

 

THE Mark Lee

 

No, but I wish I was

 

Biting his lip from screaming at the quick reply, he immediately sent a string of eye emojis to encourage the other to tell him what was wrong.

 

Just some crush problems along with bad friend choices

 

I can relate

 

“I can relate way too much,” He mumbled to himself, pretending that he was having a proper conversation in person with Mark Lee who seemed to be half as bad as what everyone else described him to be. 

 

The guy I like is kinda…dumb?

 

Like he’s book smart

 

But he also kinda

 

He let a sad smile surface when he thought about Renjun’s smile and the brightness that resembled the sun that seemed to be trapped in it. Despite Renjun being one of the few scholarship students at their school, Donghyuck couldn’t believe his stupidity when Jaemin kept telling him that his crush wasn’t subtle - before Renjun started turning up hand in hand with Kang Soeun. 

 

THE Mark Lee

 

Why do you like him, then?

 

Ignoring all of the notifications that came from the group chat, Donghyuck began to think about why he still happened to like Huang Renjun a tiny bit. Why do I like him? Because he’s…

 

THE Mark Lee

 

Cause he’s a good person

 

Like a prince in a fairy tale

 

“But not all characters get a happy ending,” He mumbled to himself, taking a moment before he shook his head to clear his thoughts since Huang Renjun liked girls and, most importantly, liked Kang Soeun. 

 

Anyway, you mentioned you liked a sarcastic kid

 

Bet he isn’t better than me

 

You’re right, he’s on a whole other level than you

 

“So it isn’t me?” He asked himself, feeling slightly hurt since he knew that he was about the most sarcastic human being alive - if not, one of the most. “Then, who do you like, Mark Lee?”

 

THE Mark Lee

 

CNB4895RETCYJ928QCRTNWFNSXUEUAI

 

He sounds like a douchebag

 

You’re not number one

 

Uhhh

 

Sorry, I need something to call you

 

No problem, I need a name for you too

 

Call me………………

 

HAECHAN

 

Mentally bashing himself for using a nickname that only close friends called him, Donghyuck noticed that Chenle had begun to spam the group chat.

 

WE ARE BAD ES

 

Jeno :)

He’s free now, going away for a while 

 

Jeno :)

Jisung will probs open the door when you come 

 

Jeno :)

Since I’m interviewing Yukhei

 

Lele

HELLO

 

Lele

IS NO ONE TALKING

 

Lele

ABOUT THE FACT

 

Lele

THAT

 

Lele

KIM YERIM

 

Lele

/THE/ KIM YERIM

 

Lele

POSTED A PIC ON INSTA

 

Lele

WITH /OUR/ ONE AND ONLY

 

Lele

NA JAEMIN?!!!?!?!?!?

 

“What?!” He exclaimed quietly to himself as he opened up his Instagram and quickly going to Kim Yerim’s account where a picture of her smiling bright with Jaemin’s chin resting on her head, heartwarming smile resting on his face. With the picture was the caption ‘Support the news team and my baby please!!’. “Okay, what?!”

 

WE ARE BAD ES

 

Jeno :)

lmao, he finally made a move

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter