9/10

True Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Here's the next chapter! We're already at the second to last chapter for this story! :O

Changmin wiped his sweaty palms against his pants. He didn’t know why he was so nervous. He didn’t have a reason to be nervous.

…Did he?

It’s not like he had never been on a date before. Not to sound like a total manwhore, but he had been on numerous dates in the past. Moreover, it’s not like he had never gone to a date with Kyuhyun before. Technically, this isn’t their first date…

Okay, granted, when they’d gone on dates before, it was Changmin going out with “Kyuna,” and now, he was going out with Kyuhyun instead… It would be completely different this time…

So, yeah, maybe he did have some reason to be nervous.

Well, there’s no turning back now.

Changmin took a deep breath, and he knocked on the door.

The door was immediately flung open, and Changmin found himself face to face with a beautiful man. And it wasn’t even Kyuhyun. Despite the man’s almost unnatural beauty, Changmin felt a shard of fear pierce through him, for the beautiful man’s catlike eyes were glaring daggers at him. 

“You,” the stranger hissed venomously at Changmin.

Before Changmin could say or do anything, the man grabbed him, completely wrinkling the shirt that he had carefully ironed last night, and dragged him into the apartment. The stranger then slammed the door shut, and a second later, he had pinned Changmin against the door!

“How dare you ing show up here?! After everything that you’ve done to my Kyukyu?! I swear to hell and back, I will kill you! You will—”

Before the beautiful (and insane!) man could finish his threat, though, another man pulled him away from the alarmed Changmin.

“Chullie, baby, we talked about this, remember? You can’t kill Kyu’s boyfriend,” the second man said soothingly. Then, he turned to Changmin and said, “Don’t worry. He’s really just all bark and no bite. He won’t actually kill you.”

“Like hell I won’t!”

Beautiful? Crazy? Changmin then realized who this person that had just assaulted him was.

“You must be Kyuhyun’s Heechul hyung,” Changmin said, eying the beautiful man warily and edging away from him. And the other man must be Hankyung.

“Yes, and you’re the boyfriend who hurt my dongsaeng and made him cry for days!” Heechul snapped.

Changmin’s stomach churned with guilt at the thought of Kyuhyun crying for days. However, he felt the need to point out, “Hey, I was shocked and upset that he kept the truth from me. I was very hurt, too.”

“And you’ll be hurt even more now!” the diva snarled as he tried to lunged for Changmin again, with Hankyung grabbing on to the back of Heechul’s shirt just in time to stop him.

“What’s going on?!”

Kyuhyun had come running into the living room, confused and alarmed by the scene in front of him.

Changmin was still busy trying to avoid Heechul’s hands that were struggling and straining to grab him, but Changmin couldn’t help but be a bit distracted by Kyuhyun’s arrival. Kyuhyun was wearing a navy blue sweater that hugged his torso quite nicely and dark form-fitting pants that sculpted his legs and his backside. His brown, floppy hair was messily styled.

Changmin felt his mouth go dry a bit.

Okay, he was straight and much preferred the female form, but even Changmin had to admit at that moment that Kyuhyun was a quite attractive and appealing man.

Heechul, though still trying to reach for and strangle Changmin, didn’t miss the short breath of air that escaped Changmin’s lips or the way his eyes widened and his pupils dilated at the sight of Kyuhyun. The diva had to slightly smirk. Looks like his dongsaeng still had pretty good chances with Changmin.

Still, that didn’t mean Heechul wasn’t going to kill Changmin for making Kyuhyun cry, and even as Kyuhyun watched with bewildered eyes, Heechul struggled and fought against Hankyung’s restraining arms.

“What does it look like I’m doing?” Heechul snapped at Kyuhyun. “I’m trying to kill the idiotic jerk that you fell for!”

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun protested, even stamping in his foot on the floor in frustration. “Stop it!”

Seriously?! How was he and Changmin supposed to try and fix their relationship if Heechul had already killed Changmin before they even had their first true and proper date?! Not to mention that this was probably scaring off Changmin! What Changmin must think now about the kind of company that Kyuhyun kept and actually lived with!

This was precisely why he wanted to keep his date with Changmin a secret from his hyung. However, Heechul had spotted him getting ready earlier that day and had demanded to know where his dongsaeng was going. And Heechul had shrieked like a banshee when he found that Kyuhyun was going on a date with Changmin. And the diva had been also pissed as hell when Kyuhyun had (reluctantly) admitted that he talked to Changmin a few days previously right here in Heechul’s very own apartment without even letting Heechul know about it. 

After Hankyung had calmed Heechul down, though, Heechul had still proven to be the supportive and helpful hyung that he was despite his craziness, and he had assisted Kyuhyun in choosing clothes and fixing his hair. Heechul had been determined to “make Kyuhyun look so good that Changmin would forget about their date and just pin Kyuhyun against the wall and have his wicked way with him”!

Kyuhyun had blushed something fierce at those words earlier, but looking at Changmin’s reaction to  Kyuhyun now, Heechul didn’t think that his words were completely off mark.

It took a while for Hankyung and Kyuhyun to calm Heechul down again, but he eventually stopped trying to strangle Changmin, though he still kept throwing death glares at the poor guy.

“We should get going,” Hankyung told Heechul. The sooner that he got his boyfriend away from Changmin, the better Changmin’s chances of living longer would be.

“You guys are leaving, too?” Kyuhyun asked, a bit surprised. Heechul hadn’t told him of that.

“Yeah, so lock up the apartment when you two leave,” Heechul replied, finally taking his eyes off Changmin and looking at his dongsaeng instead. “Also, Hannie and I will be staying at his house tonight, so you two will have this place to yourselves when you get back from your date. Feel free to have loud, wild, hanky-panky when you get back.”

Changmin’s ears became burning red, and Kyuhyun started choking and spluttering. “H-Hyung—!” he protested indignantly. How the hell could his hyung say something like that in front of Changmin?!

…Oh, why was Kyuhyun even asking such a question? Of course his hyung would say something like that! It was such a Kim Heechul thing to do! Seriously, this was he why never bothered to introduce Changmin to his hyung before!

But Heechul was only just beginning.

“Or you could just skip the date and go right to ing each other up,” Heechul pretended to shrug casually. “Whatever and whenever you guys want… I’m sure that Changmin wouldn’t mind if you two just skipped the date, Kyukyu. He’s been looking at you like you’re something to eat.”

It was no longer just Changmin’s ears that were red. His whole face was now fiery red with embarrassment and awkwardness.

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun hissed. “A minute ago, you were trying to kill Changmin, and now, you’re suddenly talking about us—about us—well, you know…” Kyuhyun couldn’t even say it and blushed even more. The thought of doing that with Changmin was making him feel very, very warm inside… But still, Heechul had no business prattling loudly about it!

“Hey, I’m just trying to help you two, my dear dongsaeng,” the diva huffed. Then, to demonstrate his “helpfulness” further, Heechul smirked at Changmin and added, “Oh, and I know that you’ve been straight all of your life, so gay must be totally new to you—” Changmin started choking on thin air, but Heechul just went on, “—I’ve got some videos that you can watch for instructions and ideas, and—”

Thankfully, Hankyung clamped a hand over Heechul’s mouth at this point. And not a second too soon, because Changmin and Kyuhyun were both about to die on the spot.

And what a weird, tragic ending it would be to their love story. Death of the two lovers (and they technically weren’t even “lovers” yet at this point) all because of an insane diva’s brash implications about their lives.

 “We’ll be going now,” Hankyung said firmly, keeping his hand over Heechul’s mouth and bodily dragging his boyfriend out of the apartment. “You two have fun and enjoy the day.”

Hankyung said the last part with good intentions, but Heechul clearly looked like he wanted to make more innuendos about Changmin and Kyuhyun “having fun.” But with Hankyung’s hand still over his mouth, Heechul just had to settle for waggling his eyebrows as well as giving a very lewd and suggestive wink to the two blushing men.

A very awkward and very charged (with ) atmosphere fell upon the apartment after Heechul and Hankyung left.

“Uhm… so, uhm… That was my Heechul hyung,” Kyuhyun muttered, his eyes looking at everywhere except Changmin. Holy hell, trust his hyung to make everything even more awkward and embarrassing! “S-sorry about him… I wish that I could offer some sort of explanation for why he’s like that, but like I said before, he’s… well, Heechul hyung’s unexplainable.”

“‘Insane’ might be a better description,” Changmin choked out. His eyes were still bulging a bit out of their sockets, Heechul’s words of “gay ” repeating over and over again in his mind. Oh, God…

“Yeah, he’s definitely insane,” Kyuhyun sighed in agreement.

And no more was said between the two of them as they let themselves out of Heechul’s apartment.

As they walked down the street, the fresh air helped a bit, cooling their red-tinged faces. 

“Uhm, so, what do you want to do first today?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to gain back some sense of normalcy between them. To forget Heechul and his craziness and ual innuendos (if such things could ever be forgotten).

Changmin opened his mouth to reply, but his stomach beat him to the punch, growling loudly. “Get something to eat,” he said belatedly.

Kyuhyun had to snort. “Of course. Such an expected response from the food monster.”

“Yah,” Changmin pretended to be indignant, gently bumping his shoulder against Kyuhyun’s.

The two of them smiled at each other. The awkwardness was starting to at least fade a bit. Maybe they’ll have a great and successful first true date, after all.

They went to their favorite café, and when the waitress arrived at their table, Changmin proceeded to give a very, very long order.

However, the waitress wasn’t even writing down Changmin’s order. Instead, she was gaping at Kyuhyun. Over the past months, she’d become familiar with the guy who would always nearly eat them out of business and the beautiful blonde woman whom he dated. But this time, it wasn’t a woman sitting opposite the guy, but another man.

The beautiful woman was actually a man, and the waitress was just standing there, gobsmacked and staring at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun twitched uncomfortably in his seat, accurately guessing why the waitress was staring at him. Great, they got over the awkwardness from Heechul only to be faced with the new awkwardness brought by the waitress…

Changmin, in the middle of his long recitation of his favorite dishes in the café, noticed Kyuhyun twitching and looking uncomfortable. It was then that he realized that the waitress was just gawking at Kyuhyun.

Changmin’s temper flared a bit, as did his protective nature. He didn’t like anyone making Kyuhyun uncomfortable like this.

“Are you going to bother noting my order, or are you just going to rudely stare at a customer?” Changmin asked loudly, his tone also a bit rude and his eyes narrowed at the waitress. “Do I have to speak to your manager?”

It did the trick, startling and distracting the waitress from her staring. She muttered a quick apology and took out her notepad and pen from her apron’s pocket. After taking their orders (which took a while due to the number of dishes that Changmin wanted), she scurried into the kitchen, passing the orders to their chef and blabbering about how the beautiful blonde woman was actually a man. The chef couldn’t care less about the person’s true gender, though; he was just complaining and groaning that the guy who ate so much was back again. 

Back at their table, Kyuhyun was staring now staring at Changmin. 

“You didn’t have to do th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter