Five

ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was weird.

 

Why was she so nervous in the first place?

 

Tzuyu found herself outside of Sana's house the next day, and she didn't know why she was so nervous. She didn't want to let Jihyo down so she had to get there as soon as possible. She didn’t know where her confidence went.

 

How the hell was she outside her 'ex-girlfriend’s' door, and was a sweating mess?

 

She shakes her head. It's just a simple talk, how difficult could that be?

 

And so, Tzuyu musters up the remaining courage she had left and walked up to the front door. The tall girl knocks and takes a step back, waiting for it to be opened. She buries her hands in the back pockets of her jeans, anxiously waiting.

 

For what seemed to be an hour for Tzuyu, the door finally swung open, revealing who seemed to be Sana's mother.

 

"Yes?" The woman had asked, slightly opening the door to see who the visitor was.

 

Tzuyu bowed in greeting, "Good morning, Mrs. Minatozaki."

 

The woman steps out holding onto the door's handle.

 

"Good morning dear and you are?"

 

Tzuyu gulps, her subconscious saying 'Hey woman, I'm the one who broke your daughter's heart.' She shakes the thought from her head and introduces herself.

 

"I'm Chou Tzuyu, a friend of Sana's."

 

"You must be Jihyo's sister. She came to visit yesterday."

 

Tzuyu forced a smile, feeling a little bit of guilt surge through her, "Can I, well, see her?"

 

"Of course dear, come in," Sana's mother nodded right away, opening the door for Tzuyu.

 

The tall girl steps foot in the Minatozaki household, her eyes wandering around at the foreign place in wonder. She found the house's interior design quite interesting and pleasing.

 

Sana's mother had closed the door behing them, "You're just in time, Sana just woke up."

 

 Tzuyu was snapped out of her trance.

 

"Would you like something to eat or to drink?" she offered in which Tzuyu politely declined.

 

"No thank you, I just had breakfast."

 

Sana's mother nodded, "She's in her room upstairs, feel free to go in."

 

Tzuyu nods and bows to the older woman in gratitude before going up the stairs and to Sana's room. The tall girl contemplated whether to just knock or announce that it's her from outside the door. Tzuyu decided to just knock.

 

"Come in."

 

 and she does.

 

She twists the doorknob open and takes a peek, only to find Sana staring right back at her in bed through surprised eyes. Tzuyu purses her lips as she was caught and steps inside the room, closing the door behind her. To say she was nervous was an understatement; she didn't know how to handle situations like these. Tzuyu stood there awkwardly, not looking at the other girl whose eyes never left the tall girl as she entered the room. Tzuyu distracts herself by looking around the room.

 

"Nice room," Tzuyu had muttered, still avoiding eye contact as she fidgeted with the sleeve of her jacket.

 

"Thanks," Sana had replied quietly, still registering the fact that Chou Tzuyu was here and inside her room.

 

Needless to say, it was awkward.

 

Tzuyu finally decides to break the ice and lets out a cough before taking a seat on a chair in front of the squirrel.

 

"Hey," Tzuyu starts off, her hands on her lap.

 

"Why are you here?" Tzuyu lets out a deep sigh, she didn't know where to start. Is she supposed to ask how she was doing, or should she explain first before saying sorry?

 

She just used her best friend to throw her off, and Tzuyu knew that was the worst part of it. Sana could've been blaming Nayeon for everything, instead of getting angry at Tzuyu.

 

How should she say sorry, though? What if she gets thrown out of the room?

 

In the end, putting her thoughts aside, Tzuyu thought of how Jihyo would do it if she was in the same situation.

 

Tzuyu looked at Sana and said sincerely, "Sana, I'm sorry. I'm really, really, sorry."

 

 The other girl could only stare at Tzuyu as if she grew two heads. THE Chou Tzuyu was saying sorry, is this a miracle?

 

Sana didn't really have the energy to even get into an argument, “You could’ve told me, at least.”

 

Tzuyu looked at the other confused, "What?"

 

Sana heaves out a sigh before leaning against the backboard of her bed, giving the taller girl a small smile, "It took me a while to figure out, but you really could've just told me."

 

Tzuyu opened to say something but clamped it shut, she had no idea what Sana was referring to. The other noticed the agitated look on her face which made her giggle. She still found Tzuyu cute.

 

"I'm talking about you using me just to throw other people off, silly."

 

"Oh," was all Tzuyu could matter, unsure of what to say next.

 

"It's my fault, Tzuyu," Sana leaned a bit closer after noticing Tzuyu's discomfort, "I was blinded over what I felt for you, too blinded."

 

Tzuyu didn't know how to respond. Oh how she wished she had Jihyo right now.

 

Instead, the tall girl just let Sana talk before explaining herself.

 

"I should've known better, especially with Jihyo's warning. But no, I just had to confess and think that I actually stood a chance," Sana had laughed bitterly, which made Tzuyu guilty. "You don't know how happy I was when you asked me to date you."

 

This being said, it made Tzuyu look up to meet Sana's eyes, a wave of emotions were present in her eyes, and Tzuyu wanted nothing more than to slap herself. She knew she was an , but didn't know her actions led to this.

 

Jihyo, please spare me.

 

"But you being you, of course you forgot about me."

 

Tzuyu heaves out a sigh, "Sana, I -"

 

"No, Tzuyu, let me finish," Sana had cut her off softly, which had Tzuyu close .

 

"I don't regret it. Instead, I want to thank you."

 

Tzuyu's face scrunched up in cofusion, the gears in her brain weren't exactly working the way she wanted to. She honestly didn't know what Sana wanted to convey.

 

"Why are you thanking me for what I've done?"

 

Sana could only smile sweetly at the clueless girl, "You've taught me a lot, Tzuyu, more than you could think of."

 

Tzuyu couldn't believe how understanding the other was. Initially, she thought she wasn't coming out alive from her house, but what happened made her think otherwise.

 

"Um, you're welcome, I guess?"

 

The reply only made Sana laugh, which made Tzuyu chuckle as well. She still couldn't believe how Sana could laugh and forgive the girl who put her through days of misery.

 

If Jihyo was in Sana's position, then Tzuyu might probably never forgive the person who caused her pain. Tzuyu silently thanked Jihyo for pushing her to talk to Sana. She didn't know why her heart felt a bit lighter even if she was the one who put Sana in misery.

 

The two had patched things up after talking things through and as Tzuyu was about to leave with her hand on the doorknob, Sana had called her out just i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter