Blame the Caffeine

Blame the Caffeine

Blame the Caffeine

Rena's POV~ 

To RoA unnie and I, it was part of every day life. Hugs and forehead kisses in the morning. Snuggles and good night kisses at night. It was a "best friend" thing for us to do. We were team Minkyebin, #teamRore. ;) (That's right, we knew about the ship names). 

It was never really awkward for us when it came to skinship. Of course, it was a lot easier back way then when my heart didn't beat THIS much. I never thought much of it though, maybe it was adrenaline, maybe it was too much caffeine. 

The first time it happened, we were messing around at an interview. As always, I had my arms around her and she would hold my hand that was around her. Kitten Eunwoo had the mic and was answering questions so the attention was on her. Minkyung unnie leaned back to whisper something and I remembered the feeling of her face being so close. *Butterflies*  

Adrenaline. That's all. Stage fright. Caffeine. That must be it. Nothing more. I drank coffee before this. Psh, everything's ok.  (Narrator: Things were definitely not ok).

No one's POV~

RoA leaned back again to whisper since clearly from Rena's cute reaction of dazing off, she didn't hear what the girl had asked the first time. Mid whisper, RoA smirked slightly and decided to troll, perhaps a punishment for not paying attention the first time. Rena had her eyes on Kitten so she couldn't see what RoA was about to do. She cut herself off and leaned in for a quick kiss to Rena's ear. The reaction she got from it, she definitely liked. Strange. *Butterflies*  She had her arm on top of Rena's arms around her so she could feel the hair of Rena's arms stand up. Rena quickly looked up at her, slightly flushed. This caught the attention of the rest of the other members and they simultaniously turned and stared at the tall girl. The troll she was, RoA just looked away and pretended that nothing had happened. 

RoA smirked and whispered enough for only Rena to hear, "Punishment for not paying attention." 

Rena's POV~ 

The next time it happened, we were filming a HiCam video. I had also drank A LOT of coffee that morning. Blame the caffeine. We were talking about something and I had looked at her cheeks. They looked so cute that I wanted to kiss them. *Butterflies* 

So I did. 

I leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. 

Her reaction? The cutest ever. "No~" She placed her hand on her cheek and said in a cute voice. I looked at her, pouting a bit (in a joking way) because my love had been rejected. TT^TT (Camera footage gets cut and crew moves onto another group). 

She smiled at me, we're now sitting in an empty room alone. "I'm kidding cutie," RoA laughed quietly and leaned in for a quick kiss to my cheek. Blame the caffeine, I was energetic. I accidentally turned, and she ended up kissing my cheek but part of something else. *Butterflies* 

No. no. It was caffeine. That's all. :) 

(Narrator: It was not the caffiene.) 

The final time it happened,  we were at a performance. We were standing around for an interview. The other members were talking and I was feeling playful that day. I took my hand and scratched under RoA unnie's chin. She kissed her hand and stared at me, expecting me to do something. I copied and kissed my own hand and stared at her, waiting for FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. :P 

She took her hand and placed it on my lips, making me pull back a bit. *Butterflies* 

.

.

.

I stared at her, dazed for a bit as she went on to explain what she was doing. We messed around the entire time, I couldn't help it, she was so... cute. 

 

We went back stage, the butterflies were still there. I had to say something. She had an arm around me and I had one around her. We went past the crew and members into our private dressing room. Inside, I turned and faced her, leaning against the dressing room table. 

"Earlier...... We technically indirectly kissed......" *butterflies* 

What's with these dang butterflies??? 

Minkyung smiled cutely, "Wowww, so that's what you were thinking about the entire time?" 

My face flushed, "Not... Entirely..... Well, fine. Yes entirely. I mean, I don't know." 

She step closer to me, towering over me now.  (Woman why are you so tall?)

There was a strange look in her eyes, a mix of adoration, fear, uncertainty, assurance. "Did it bother you?" 

*Butterflies, Butterflies, Butterflies* 

"No." 

.

.

.

And that's when it happened. She bent down, I moved closer and we kissed. 

I wrapped my arms around her and smiled, my face still flushed. "Mine." 

She smiled and leaned in for another kiss. "Yours." 

Months of butterflies from back hugs, hugs, cheek kisses, head kisses, hand kisses, the little jealous moments when the other members tried to take her from me. They now all made sense.

.

.

.

.

It was not from caffeine.