That Moment of Them

That Moment of Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Another Potions lesson had finally ended, exposing a full class of 7th year’s students gathering all their personal belongings from the tables and happily chatting around among them while leaving the classroom located in the dungeons of the left Viaduct Tower.

     Nevertheless, a pair of them could be found with completely different vibes which were shown by the frowns planted across their visages.

     “I can’t believe that bloody professor put us together once again.” Wonho mumbled out almost to himself, with his usual grumpy attitude.

     Hyoyeon – who was still settling all of her books into her schoolbag – didn’t pronounce a word upon hearing his inappropriate comment. Instead, the witch rolled her eyes and decided to ignore him.

     After all, she only needed to pay the slightest attention to him when working on their next essay on Everlasting Elixirs, what would be in a few moments, since both of them were planning to do the homework faster as they could, and with a couple of hours free from another class, they had decided to do it right away so they didn’t need to face each other anymore, as long as they could – what had turned into an impossible task, since their Potions Master insisted on turning them into a duo for every single project.

     “Oh, but my father will know about this.” Wonho continued to nag around as he started walking side by side with Hyoyeon towards the Library “Who does he think he is to put me always with a mudblood?”

     “If you didn’t keep grumbling all the time, maybe he would stop.” The blonde riposted with a long peeved sigh slipping past her set of lips with narrowed brown eyes and her fist tightening around the strap of her bag.

     “Grumbling?!” The dark brown-haired boy exclaimed a little bit too loud, exchanging his gaze downwards towards the female walking next to him, staring at her with scorn “I don’t grumble, Kim. I just don't hide my own opinion.”

     “Well, maybe for once you should keep it for yourself, Shin.” Hyoyeon replied, switching her own attention towards the male’s pale porcelain visage, sending him a nasty glare as she reached out with her petite hand and opened the library’s door, stepping inside ahead of him.

     Wonho threw her a mortal gaze from behind, biting the inner side of his cheek a bit too harshly. How could someone push his buttons so much to the point of making him desire to smash her own little smarty head against the wall?

     The male knew very well what it felt like to detest someone. But with Hyoyeon, even though being almost the same, he also had the knowledge that it was completely different. He hated her with every single blood cell, fibre, and hair in his body. It was almost deadly the crave he had to see her vanish away from his sight. And he blamed it all to her disgusting blood. How could someone, with no magic running through her veins, be called the ‘smartest witch of her age’? He simply couldn’t accept it. What had she that he lacked?

     Wonho didn’t pronounce another single sound as he strutted into the library, through the corridors of bookshelves, following her own tracks until he reached her, near a Potions area, searching around for what they needed for the essay.

     Once they picked up all the books defined, both of them found an empty table in the closest zone they were, right below a window, where the sun’s light – even if weak – could illuminate them while studying.

     Those two hours spent together passed tremendously slowly. The entire time had been a constant exchange of insults and rude words between them, spoke out in low whispers to not call any attention in their direction. Nothing they didn’t expect. The couple of enemies had been like that since the first instant their eyes had laid on each other.

     “I just can’t understand how a mudblood like you can top my grades.” Wonho insisted on such topic, staring at the witch with repulse on the chocolate hues of his eyes.

     Hyoyeon sighed for the thousandth time during those hours together, standing up from her seat and giving him her back as she turned her attention once more towards the bookshelf “Maybe because I’m smarter and I work harder than you?”

     Hyoyeon instantly regretted letting her nerves command her vocal cords. She was very aware that it would be indeed cleverer of her to keep shut and simply ignore Wonho's attempt to drive her mad. But there was something buried deep inside of her that never let her maintain her posture and cool self in front of the brown-haired wizard.

     “A mudblood, being better than a pureblood? Only in your dreams, Kim.” Wonho replied, rolling his eyes as he remained staring at her from behind, with his back area leaned back against the chair, with arms folded over his rock-hard chest.

     “I’m only stating a fact, Shin. I am indeed better than you. ” The blonde audaciously said, turning her head slightly aside so she could lock her gaze into Wonho’s brown orbs, flashing him a pretentious smirk along her cherry set of lips.

     Wonho clenched his fists with all his strengths, almost ripping the skin on his palms with his nails. Blood ran like fire through his system as he continued to send his mortal glare at her figure. How did she dare to be that arrogant in front of him? Oh, he hated her, he truly did.

     Or at least he thought so…

     “Who the bloody hell do you think you are, Kim?” His voice reverberated with ferocity, raising from his own seat with a loud creaked sound and not even minding if anyone would hear him “Don’t think too much of yourself. If people only know your name or how great your muggle brains are, it’s because of your friend Taeyeon.”

     Hyoyeon didn’t say a word. Instead, for no reason, she froze on her spot, staring into his danger chocolate eyes with her own widened in pure perplexity as the boy started to take a new route towards where she was placed.

     “If it wasn’t her or even me, always calling you what you indeed are, a mudblood, do you think anyone would even pay the slightest attention to you? ‘Brightest witch of her age’ my arse! You are the most ordinary thing I ever laid my eyes on.”

     “Well, I might be ‘ordinary’ as you say, but at least I’m much more than you could ever imagine being.” She responded straightforward, with fierceness in her voice, eyeing the male from head to toes with disdain as this one shortened the space between their frames “You are evil and vain and probably the most coward person I ever had the displeasure to meet.”

     “Be careful, Kim. You don’t know what you are saying.” Wonho threatened her as he reached the zone she was still planted, staring into each other’s eyes with the most brutal emotion someone could ever sense, only a few inches apart from their faces.

     “I do know what I’m saying. And you also must know it; otherw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter