Fifth

BABY AND ME

The next morning, after hearing Chorong’s idea last night. Bomi went to the hospital asking for the address of people who recently made a birth certificate. Bomi ended up traveling here and there asking for the mothers for their milk. Bomi’s effort pays off as she got bottles and bottles of milk. Later that night, Hayoung finally drink her milk. Bomi were in the living room feeding Hayoung while Chorong were in the kitchen handling the milks. “Aigoo..is milk that good? This is your second bottle already..” Bomi said while looking a Hayoung. Bomi smiled. “You pig” she added.

 

After a few minutes. Bomi got a call from Eunji and she rushes to the hospital leaving Hayoung with Chorong cause it’s already Hayoung’s sleeping time.

 

Once she arrive at the hospital. Bomi heard Eunji talking with the Doctor. She overheard that Eunji couldn’t afford to pay for her mother’s treatment. And Eunji was pleading to the doctor to give her a change. But, the Doctor shakes his head. Bomi felt sorry for Eunji as she knows that Eunji’s mother is very ill.

 

After her talk with the Doctor. Eunji came to greet Bomi. “Hey…You’re here already?” Eunji tried to smile. “yeah..So, h-how is you mother?” Bomi hesitate to ask. “Huh…” Eunji let out a sigh while covering her face with her palms. A tear escape from her eyes and Bomi noticed it. “S-she..very sick…I-I couldn’t pay for the full t-treatment” Eunji started to sob. Bomi let out a tear also and pats Eunji’s back. Bomi sigh and puts an envelope on Eunji’s lap. Eunji looked up with tearing eyes. “Use this..Take it. You need this more than I do.” Bomi said to Eunji. Eunji take a look inside the envelope and was surprise with the huge amount of money. “Safe you mother”

Bomi said and walks away.

 

 

After her ‘little’ donation to Eunji. Bomi went broke. She had a hard time to save the little money that she only got left. Then, she decided to looked for a job. While looking for a job. She ended up skipping school and she was expelled. Bomi didn’t care about school anymore as she needed some money for her and Hayoung to live. Bomi went here and there looking and asking for jobs but nobody wanted to accept a person to work while bringing a baby along. Bomi tried to looked for jobs for several days but, she got nothing.

 

At home. Bomi were standing in front of their huge family photo in the living room and talked to it.

“Mom? Dad? Where are you guys? I missed you so much..I’m struggling here. I can’t do this by myself…I have learn my lesson. P-please come home..”

Bomi said while crying. Hayoung who were in her arms started to cry to. They both cry until Bomi heard the house’s door open. Bomi saw her parent enters the house with their luggage and they were shocked seeing Bomi with a Baby.

 

“W-who is that baby?” Bomi’s father asked. That night Bomi explain everything to her parents. Her parents knows that Bomi had learn her lesson and decided to help and support her.

 

“Okey then..I’ve guess you already learn your lesson. We’ll help you to go through everything. But now, let’s get you back to school” Bomi’s father said while giving his fatherly smile.

 

The next day Bomi went to school after her father talked to the Principal and Bomi were allowed to come back to school. Bomi were walking outside the house while her mother hold Hayoung in her arms to send Bomi out. Bomi’s mother had a cold that morning and she kept on sneezing.

 

“Mom..just let dad take care of Hayoung. You’re sick..what happens if Hayoung catches it too?” Bomi said to her mom. “Ahh..don’t worry too much sweetie. It’s just a little cold” her mother simply answered. “Now, go! You don’t want to be late again don’t you?” her mother continued.

 

Bomi had a great time at school for the first time.. while getting to know Chorong. It turns out, Chorong is not a freak after all. All of that is just because Chorong had a crush on her. And Bomi also figure out that Chorong stopped going to school because she is a genius and people at school keep bullying her for being too smart and a nerd. Chorong’s father decided to home schooling Chorong as he does not like the idea of people bullying and hurting her daughter just because she’s a genius.

Later that day, Bomi were saying good byes to her friends while leaving school when suddenly she got a call from her father. Bomi rushed to the hospital and once she arrived, she went straight to the ER. There she sees her parents standing beside a bed. On the bed was baby Hayoung. Hayoung was crying and she looked sick.

 

Bomi’s POV

 

I stand there seeing Hayoung crying. It looks like she’s in pain. It breaks my heart seeing her like that. I walked to my parents.

“Mom, dad! What happen?” I asked in concern.

“Hayoung is running a high fever..The doctor said she was infected by mom’s cold” Dad told me while mom had this guilty looked on her face. I suddenly got burn in anger. I lost control of myself and yelled.

“You See What You Have Done? This is all Your fault! Mom, what happens if Hayoung gets sick even more? I’ve already told you to let Dad take care of her. Cause, you were sick!”

“How dare you yelled at you Mother!” my dad slaps me on my cheek. Mom were so shocked that she told my dad to stop. We basically created a scene in the room that the nurses were looking at us. “I-I’m so sorry Sweetie..I know, it’s my fault” Mom said to me while holding my hand.

 

I felt guilty for making my mom felt bad. But, my ego fills my mind. I take a look at Hayoung for a second then, I left the room releasing my mom’s grip on my hand. After calming myself I went to see my dad at the hospital’s rooftop. He was standing there looking at the view. I walked towards him. “I’m really sorry Dad” Dad sigh and said “Hmm..it’s alright Bomi-ah. I understand how you feel” Dad looked at me and holds my shoulder.

“Every parents would feel pain whenever they sees their kids hurting or sick.” I nodded. “What you did there was actually normal. I understand you..” my dad continued and I hugged him letting out a tear.

“I-I felt bad for Hayoung dad...I-it hurts me seeing her in that state..I don’t know why I feel this way..” I cried and Dad let out a small laugh then he pats my head.

“That means you’re all grown up Bomi-ah..You’re mature now.”

 

3rd person POV

After the dramas on the rooftop. Bomi went to see Eunji who’s working nearby the hospital. She told Eunji that Hayoung is running a high fever and had to stay in the hospital for a few days.

 

Eunji’s POV

I heard the news from Bomi and she looked really concern. Wow..I guess Hayoung can soften the heart of this cold girl that I’ve known for years. Bomi then started to tell me that she will take care of Hayoung cause it’s her responsibility. Cause Baby Hayoung is HER CHILD. Suddenly a huge ball of guilt hits me. I hesitate to tell her. But, I know Bomi deserve the truth. And so, I told her about everything. About Hayoung..who’s actually my baby.