Chapter 2

High school

Doing some homeworks, and a little bit more homeworks days goes by just like that and soon enough It’s been a month. Since it’s high school there is already rumors going around. Kim Yongsun doesn’t really listen to rumors, because she thinks that 80% of them is probably fake. She would rather use her time to do some homework, studying or  some things she needs to do as the student council president of the school. She only hears some rumors when she is around with her other friends eating lunch in the cafeteria, which she rarely are. Most of the time she would eat in the student council room, just like now.

 

It’s lunch time, while Yongsun is eating, she looking at some paper about club activity. She needs to approve and reject some of it, because she can’t just approve them all. Yongsun is alone in the room right now, nobody than her is eating here so it’s quiet. It’s fine for her, cause is the reason why she likes being here. “PRES!!! There is a fight scene, 2 guys are fighting!!” Someone shot the door open and shouted. Yongsun flinch and accidently toss her food. “What! where? get me there now” Yongsun already forgot her food lying on the ground.

 

When Yongsun got there, she saw MoonByul and a boy. The boy was screaming at him, but he didn’t even show any emotion, Moon Byul answered him normal keeping his cool. “YOU!! Just because you’re popular,  doesn’t mean you just can flirt with my girlfriend!! - If you come to her again I swear I’m going to kill you” “Really? tch… who was your girlfriend again? their so many girls after me, that I don’t really remember their names” MoonByul said his lips pulling up giving him a cocky smile. Yongsun stood there staring at him again. She thought the way MoonByul said that to the other boy, there was something wrong. The boy cut Yongsun’s mind, when he threw a punch on  MoonByuls face causing him to take a step back. Yongsun tried to stepped up in between them, but when she touch the boy he pushed her hard, by accidently causing Yongsun to fall hard on the floor.

 

Moon Byul saw him pushed her, and she fell on the floor, he lost his temper. MoonByul gave  him a punch on the face and then on his stomach causing him to fell on the floor. Holding on his stomach while whimpering, he was begging for forgiveness. Moon Byul gripped his collar upwards “I was being nice to you - don’t ever touch her again, If you do - You’re going to regret it” he said in a threatening way and pushing him down. The boy clearly afraid of Moon byul apologised and run off. Moon Byul going down to yongsun helping her up again. “Are you okay? are you hurt, here let me see” He said while scanning her body, looking after injury. Yongsun stared at him, he looked worried, and angry at the same time. But why would he be worried? she doesn’t even know him, they don’t know each other. “What happened here? huh- Kim Yongsun and MoonByul come to my office now” A teacher said. Yongsun and Moon Byul stood up and followed the teacher.

 

“Kim Yongsun you are the student council president, explain what happened there and I hope you wasn’t involved in this” The teacher said, he crooked his eye while looking at them. “I was announce that there was a fight, I went here and saw a boy punch Moonbyul. Then I hurried to stop them, but ended with the boy accidently pushed me hard and I fell down-” “And then I punched him twice” MoonByul said cutting Yongsun. She looked at him in a questioning way. Before Yongsun could say anything. The teacher gave him a punishment. He got the duty to clean the swimming pool for one week, and for Yongsun she got nothing. She was a victim, so the teacher let her go. After that MoonByul left without even saying anything.

 

Yongsun got back to her class, she have English right now, but the only thing she could think of was MoonByul. Why did he lost his cool. From the look of him in the start, he didn’t look like, he would do anything.  Just what were they arguing for. Thinking back The boy said something bout a girl, was he fli- “Kim Yongsun could you tell me what this mean?” her teacher cut her from thinking, asking her a question. She answered him without any problem, she is the top student in school. Her teacher looked satisfied by Yongsun’s answer he nodded. Yongsun set back on her chair relieved, if she wasn't the person who likes to study, she couldn’t answer to it. This was one of those times she was happy she studied so much. The rest of the time she tried to listen, and not be bothered by her curiosity of MoonByul.

 

“Yah!! Yong!! want a lift? we can just drive you home” Hyun shouted to Yongsun inside from a car. Yongsun was on her way to the station, to get home. “It’s okay hyun, I like to take the train” Yongsun said smiling to her friend. “You’re so weird. You have a driver, but you refuse to use it instead you take a public transport…. I really don’t understand you. okay~ see you and be careful on the way back” Hyun said to Yongsun, and told her driver to drive.

 

Yongsun walking towards the station, while listening to music. Her taste to music is so large, she could hear Alone by Heart to Tainted love by Marilyn Manson To One, two steps by Ciara, Missy Elliott to something nowadays like Mine by bazzi. It really depends on what mood she is. Yongsun hate to walk fast, so she always miss her train, and have to wait for the next one. Looking at her clock, she had one hour before the next train would come, so she decided to walk go to a convenient store to buy some ice cream.  

 

Yongsun is by the freezer and having a hard time to choose what ice cream, she was going to have. After a good 5 minutes trying to pick what ice cream, she finally decided which one. Her favorite ice cream, sandwich ice cream. Yongsun went to the cashier  to pay for her ice cream, she gave her card, but It made a sound “Sorry miss, but it’s look like it denied your card” The cashier said smiling polite. “are you sure? could you tr-” Yongsun was cut of when a boy approached them. “It’s okay, I’m going to pay for hers and mine” He said giving his card to the cashier. The boy got his card and walked out of the store, without saying anything.

 

Yongsun was surprised, she was about to thank him, but he was already gone. Running out of the store reaching for the boy, and saw him 30 m away. “MoonByul-shi!!” Yongsun shouted and run up to him. MoonByul stopped and waited for her to reach him. As Yongsun reach him, she was out of breath, trying to say something while breathing hard. “Moon….Byul….shi….t-thank y-you for the ice c-cream. I o-own you one” she said and looked up to meet his eyes. MoonByul tried to not laugh at her, because how could she be out of breath after running….what 25m ? but he couldn’t hold it anymore, and started to laugh so hard it made her eyes teary. “W-what the… How could you be o-out of breath so f-fast” He said while laughing. “Yah!! It’s not funny, I-I don’t laugh at me like that!!” she said, she could feel her cheeks burning, and without thinking she started to hit him. MoonByul still laughing taking the hits from Yongsun. “S-sorry, It looked so funny, But what do you wanna say? I didn’t hear it, I was busy trying to not laugh, but did it anyway” He asked Yongsun while still giggling. “I just wanna say thank you for the ice cream, You saved me. I don’t know why it rejected it” Yongsun said thinking why would it reject. It never happened before. “It’s fine, don't think about. You could say It was my apologise for getting you involve before. You didn’t get hurt right?” he said looking at Yongsun from head to toe. See if she got hurt, he looked worried. “I’m fine. It’s  not your fault, but as a thanks for the ice cream… how about I treat you one tomorrow, call?” She said smiling like a little child. “call” he replied. “Good, well see you tomorrow” Yongsun said walking towards the station again waving to Moonbyul.

 

Before she even was 5 m away, MoonByul shouted to her. “Hey! are you going to take the train? what about I give you a lift?” He said itching the back of his neck, giving her a little smile, unsure of what Yongsun think about It. “Ohh...uumm, Okay - If that’s okay with you” she said feeling a little awkward. Normally she would just reject the offer, but she dont know why she said yes to MoonByul. On the other hand when he heard her answer, his eyes were twinkling and smiling like a little boy, who got the robot he wanted for his birthday. “Okay! then follow me” he said.