I

MAYBE

If ever you decided what you wanted to do with you life. That moment in time when you've finally reached your decision, your world changes. 

From being reserved, and aloof I decided to change for the better. When I got into college, I've set my mind to change my ways and be more like everyone else. Happy, easy-going, approachable. After the first year I can confidently say that I've earned the "Everybody's guy" status in class. It is sad to say goodbye to your classmates for a year. Reaching the second year we'll all go our separate ways, taking on our majors. I can say that my personality was reduced when I was separated from them. 

Again it was the first day of the school year, the campus was filled with different emotions. Some still had hangovers from the break while others enthusiatically started the day. I went inside the classroom for my first subject, ZOOLOGY. Yes, I am a BIOCHEMISTRY major. Your not so typical course choice. I took a look at my soon to be classmates and fellow biochem majors. I was surprised how few we were. A familliar sight caught my attention and like gravity I was attracted to it. 

I sat beside her, near the middle of the room. She was busy reading the syllabus. I wasn't sure if it was really her or it was the work of fate. 

For once, after a long time I felt like my old self. Unsure and shy. 

Chances are we are of the same class. She didn't talk to anyone nor bothered to. 

I knew that she was different. 

For Zoology-laboratory classes, we were supposed to take them inside the laboratory and I misinterpreted the room assignment for something else. 

On my way, dumbfounded where to go, I saw her. Like a saving light, she showed me the way. 

"FLR-7 is this way.", she said pointing to a direction.

While walking on the paved way to the "Hidden Laboratory". No words were said. Until I decided not stay that way.

"I'm MYUNGSOO, we've met before don't you remember?", I said. 

She just shook her head.

"I am Suzy. Nice to meet you.", she said and bowed. 

"Whoa, what's with the formality? It is fine, I've been wanting to meet you for a long time now."

"What do you mean by that?", she asked.

"Nevermind, it's nice to meet you too Ms. Suzy"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Suzy and I had been together for sometime now that it is the middle of the school year. 

One time, our chemistry instructor told us to do a library work by pair. 

The class was in turmoil, everybody was excited getting their partner when I noticed that Suzy just sat on the desk and read her notes. 

When it was my turn to choose, I chose Suzy. 

She was surprised by my action. 

At the library, while scanning books that seemed to be relevant to our study. In between towering bookshelves in the small space that separated the two of us, I just felt it. 

"You don't know how much this means to me. Thank you for choosing me.", Suzy said. 

"Why, I did nothing?", I said. 

"I'm just so used to being ignored. This is the first time after a long while that someone chose me for a pair work not because they were forced to."

That is when my suspicions were confirmed. Suzy was like me before, confined and restricted. I understood how she felt, the more my feelings for her added up. 

After her statement, it was dead silence. 

After being partners for that task I always went with Suzy to the library even if the task was done. Suzy somehow started to get used to my company but still wasn't comfortable having lengthly conversations with me. There were times in between studying I would steal glances at Suzy. 

I can't believe that someone who looked and is really kindhearted would be outcasted by people.. 

Suzy's long straight, sometimes wavy hair, her honest eyes, her rare smile and more that goes beyond unexplainable to unpredictable. 

There were moments, like those you see in movies and dramas. 

But in reality there was nothing between Suzy and I beyond library trips and occassional classroom conversations.