001. Freefall (Leeteuk/Kangin)

100 Super Junior Fics Challenge ★
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Freefall ~

KangTeuk, Yesung, Eunhyuk, Heechul  | G rating | AU, Fluff, Romance | 2054 words

Youngwoon walked around confused; something didn't feel right. The sky was pitch-black, the trees that surrounded the path he was walking seemed to dissolve into thin air, and the ground underneath him started to show small cracks.

He had no idea where he was, but he had definitely been here before.

He fastened his pace, for no particular reason. He wanted to get away from the cracks that became more and larger, but there was nowhere he could really run off to. The cracks were everywhere he looked, and he started to get worried.

Suddenly, one of the cracks burst open and Youngwoon fell.

He fell into a deep black hole, as dark as the sky had been. He tried to scream, but no sound was emitted.

"Over here!" a familiar voice suddenly echoed, making Youngwoon look up. A hand reached out to him, but he couldn't reach.

"Grab my hand!" the familiar voice yelled again. As he looked up, the same hand reached out to him, but he still couldn't reach.

"Youngwoon!" the familiar voice yelled for the third time, and Youngwoon looked up once again. High up he noticed Jungsu in all panic trying to find a way down to help him. He paced back and forth, tried to reach Youngwoon in vain, and suddenly made a strange movement. Was he- Was he going to jump after him?!

Youngwoon tried to scream back at Jungsu to not jump, but it was too late. Before he knew it, Jungsu jumped down and started to fall as well. A lot faster than Youngwoon was and even though Youngwoon had tried, he couldn't reach for Jungsu in time as he rapidly fell past him. Jungsu's screams subsided as his figure became smaller and smaller underneath Youngwoon, who panicked at the sight.

His mind completely freaked out. What could he do? He needed to save Jungsu. He couldn't die like this! He really needed to -

"Youngwoon!" Jungsu said for the umpteenth time, shaking Youngwoon's body harshly in the process. The latter seemed to have quite the nightmare going on; he had screamed quite a few times already, waking up all of his roommates.

'If he screams one more night, we really need to kick him out,' Jongwoon had sighed in annoyance, as he, Jungsu and Hyukjae had walked over to Youngwoon's room for the 5th night in a row that week. 

Hyukjae had full-heartedly agreed with Jongwoon, and thus Jungsu had told them to just go back to bed. He would take care of it this time. 'Just as all the previous times,' Jungsu had sighed as Jongwoon and Hyukjae retreated to their own rooms.

One more heavy tug at Youngwoon's body and he finally woke up, breathing heavily, bathing in sweat and looking around startled.

"It's okay," Jungsu said, sighing in relief because for a moment there he had been quite sure Youngwoon would never wake up again. And he also had been quite sure Jongwoon would have singlehandedly murdered him if he had screamed one more time. "You are awake now. It was just a dream."

Youngwoon's breathing slowly stabilized and he looked at Jungsu in what seemed relieved. After a few more minutes to make sure Youngwoon was okay, Jungsu returned to bed to continue his well deserved sleep. 

Youngwoon stayed awake, not wanting to bother his roommates with his nightmares any longer. Besides, if he fell asleep and had one more nightmare which made him scream out loud, he was sure the next day would become a living nightmare for him; Jongwoon would really make his life hell for ruining his precious little sleep.

☆.。.:* .。.:*☆

"I already told you, if you won't give me the details, I can't help you," Heechul sighed annoyed, as Youngwoon followed him around through the library. For the past month, Youngwoon had bugged Heechul multiple times asking for him to explain his dream but refused to give any side details. Side details, which were the most important when it came to explaining dreams.

"Isn't falling in a black hole enough information?" Youngwoon mumbled, not seeing what small details had anything to do with it.

Heechul decided to just ignore Youngwoon, already having explained it millions of times before, and continued to put away some of the books that had been returned by customers earlier that day.

"Hyung," Youngwoon whined, "just tell me what falling indicates, and I will leave you alone for the rest of the week,"

"Month," Heechul said. "You will leave me alone for the rest of the month."

Youngwoon sighed dejectedly but nodded in reply anyway. He'd had the same dream for over a month now, and it was ruining both his sleep, his friends' sleep and even the friendships he had with his fellow roommates. He needed a solution, quickly.

Heechul motioned for him to follow,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter