3/5

The Wish Of a Shooting Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kibum was excited. No, excited was a weak word. He felt too hyperactive when he opened his parlor the next day. He dreamed about Jonghyun whole night and that dream was so beautiful that he wanted to make it happen. And no, before you all erts think of something, it was not that kind of dream. In this dream, Kibum just got a chance to see Jonghyun smiling handsomely. He was happy and laughing with Kibum while they talked and joked around. And the boy was decided that he wanted it to be truth once so he had to make first steps. Even though he always got shy or nervous around the man, he would gather all his courage and would bother Jonghyun until he would get a reaction from him. Yes. That was his plan.

 

He had many customers right from the morning and he was happy for it because if he should have waited for the man to appear just like that, he would have probably gone crazy. People noticed the change in his mood as well since he was more talkative than the day before and he was cracking jokes with kids which they loved a lot. This was the boy they got to know at the start. This was the sunshine of the ice-cream parlor.

 

“You're glowing.” Taemin said once he got to the parlor, raising one his eyebrow at his friend.

 

“Am I?” Kibum chuckled, shrugging his shoulders and it was weird because Taemin was waiting for one of his usual remarks but it didn't come.

 

“Who are you and what have you done to my friend?” Taemin said with narrowed eyes and Kibum couldn't help but laugh at that.

 

“Stop being dramatic. You deserve a beating from me after the stunt you pulled yesterday.” he said and as if remembering that he should be mad, he glared at the boy.

 

This answer actually satisfied Taemin because he knew that his hyung was still the same and not possessed by aliens. (Yes, laugh all you want but if you know someone your whole life and they suddenly change, it's definitely aliens' doing, okay).

“Well, it doesn't seem like you got into troubles for that? AND, excuse you, but YOU were the one who was acting like something tragic happened. I just wanted you to get to your senses.” Taemin said and shrugged, pointing toward banana ice-cream.

 

Kibum understood what he wanted and although he rolled his eyes, he prepared his ice-cream anyway. “Yeah, by embarrassing me for life?” he snorted and handed him the cone. “Oh, by the way.. Jonghyun said you should try chocolate. He doesn't understand your banana obsession either.” he said, almost sounding smug while he waited for the younger's reaction to that.

 

Taemin took the ice-cream and hummed in agreement. “Okay. I'll try ch- WHAT!” he started but then gasped when he realized what his friend said.

 

“Yah, stop shouting, there are people around.” Kibum said but was obviously holding in his laughter.

 

“What did you say again? Jonghyun SAID?? When? No, wait- Did you two talk after I left?” he asked with surprised expression and this time Kibum couldn't hold in his laughter.

 

He ignored Taemin's glare while he laughed but then spoke, almost proudly. “Yes. Well, it wasn't really talking. I apologized for your behavior-” he started but Taemin scoffed.

 

“What's with my behavior?”

 

But Kibum ignored him and continued. “- and gave him his ice-cream. Later, I just couldn't stop myself so I went talking to him. And.. he knows my name.” Kibum grinned and if he didn't look so happy, Taemin would about being so silly.

 

“And so? You went to talk to him and you talked about me? Really?” he asked sceptically and Kibum rolled his eyes.

 

“No, you moron. I just mentioned that you like banana ice-cream, geez. Don't think so highly of yourself.” he said and Taemin could only grin in satisfaction because his friend was back to his usual self.

 

“Heyy, but it's YOU, who always mentions me. I'm flattered but I'm taken already, you know.” Taemin blinked his eyes innocently and Kibum barked out a laugh.

 

“Oh, please! I would never let my special self waste time with someone like you.” he grinned and Taemin faked offended gasp.

 

“Special self? You mean, there's even something special about you?”

 

“Oh, well, unlike you-” Kibum started but was cut off by soft chuckle coming from behind Taemin.

 

Both of them looked at the direction of the sound and were surprised to find Jonghyun chuckling at them. He probably heard their bickering and found it funny. Of course, who wouldn't find it funny since the boys always played around like that.

 

“J-Jonghyun, hi.” Kibum said without even thinking and Taemin stepped aside so the man could come up to the parlor.

 

“Hey. Someone could think that you two are fighting, you know.” Jonghyun said calmly but his expression was amused.

 

Taemin was surprised to see so many emotions on the boy's usually expresionless face but unlike Kibum, he didn't have a problem to talk to him. He wasn't crushing on him, after all.

 

“Minho says that, as well. I don't understand why, it's visible that we love each other.” Taemin said out of nowhere, sending Kibum flying kisses which he playfully avoided.

 

“Who said that I love you?” Kibum scoffed and Taemin just stuck out his tongue before turning to Jonghyun again.

 

“I heard that you suggested I tried chocolate ice-cream?” he said and got almost startled when Jonghyun looked at him because this was the first time ever that the man acknowledged him.

 

“Taemin!” Kibum threw an empty cone at him out of reflex and the boy just laughed, shrugging with 'what'.

 

Kibum was about to apologize for him once again but Jonghyun spoke instead. “Mhhm. Chocolate is better.” he said with shrug of his shoulders and looked at Kibum who let out small 'oh'.

 

“So I guess it will be chocolate again, right?” he mumbled and handed him the ice-cream.

 

“Thanks. You can keep the change.” Jonghyun said and took his treat, heading to his usual spot.

 

“Hyung.. you are helpless. He was here and started talking but you just gave him the damn ice-cream. You should really start behaving like yourself because this isn't you. And it's sad to see you like this. I'm not kidding and nor even teasing. I'm worried about you.” Taemin said and for the first time he really sounded concerned.

 

“I know. It's just.. When he looks at me, I can't think clearly. And he has always had such a guarded expression. I guess I just got used to it.” Kibum admitted with small sigh and Taemin hummed.

 

“Then it's time to change it. Go after him. I'll be here and take care of your business.” Taemin said and Kibum looked at him surprised. “What! I can be nice, you know.” he huffed and Kibum chuckled before coming out of parlor and hugging him briefly.

 

“I know. I love you, you brat.” he said playfully before taking a deep breath and walking toward Jonghyun.

 

“I'm coming in peace.” he chuckled softly when Jonghyun looked up at him. “Uh.. can I sit down for a moment?” he said and almost winced at how awkward it sounded. “You were right. I'm weird.” he said aloud and sat down without waiting for Jonghyun's permission.

 

“I'm always right.” Jonghyun surprised him with his playful answer and he looked at him in awe which made Jonghyun look away.

 

“I can't agree nor disagree since I don't know you.” Kibum said after encouraging himself.

 

“No one really knows me.” Jonghyun shrugged and it almost broke Kibum's heart how lonely it sounded.

 

“That's a pity. I guess that I know more than others then. Since I know you love chocolate ice-cream.” he tried to lighten up the mood, smiling softly.

 

It didn't really have the effect he was hoping for. Jonghyun just seemed to get even sadder. “Not me. My mom did. But she can't eat sweets anymore. I used to refuse to eat chocolate ice-cream when she was offering and she was always kinda sad. Sayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter