1/5

The Wish Of a Shooting Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ever since Kibum woke up, he had a weird feeling. Having spent whole night by watching stars could have been a reason, too, but then again, he did it every night and never felt this way. He had this nudging feeling that something was about to happen.

He tried to ignore it and succeeded for the rest of the day. As usually, he went to his job at the ice-cream parlor and spent a day by working and watching the certain boy.

 

His name was Kim Jonghyun and he came by every day. He bought chocolate ice-cream, told Kibum to keep the change and then went to sit down on a bench near the parlor. Kibum was curious. The boy always looked so sad that it broke his heart. He never talked to anyone nor did he smile. Not even once and the feline like boy was curious. How would that handsome face look with a smile on? No matter how many times Kibum smiled at him, he never smiled back.

 

At first, he thought that the boy was rude but judging by his words, he was anything but that. And Kibum didn’t have enough of courage to go talk to him because it seemed like he didn’t want to talk to people.

 

Kibum had no idea why he felt so curious and thrilled by this boy. It wasn’t just his handsome face for sure. Maybe it was his expression? He had always loved solving mysteries, after all.

 

Key was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t hear his name being called and came to his senses only after he was shook (and startled).

 

“Yah! Taemin, what the hell?!” he glared at the boy in front of him.

 

“Don’t ‘yah’ me, Key, I was calling your name numerous times but you were too busy to react.” he said and rolled his eyes. “Daydreaming again?”

 

“I’m not. I’m just…” he started but Taemin interrupted him.

 

“Daydreaming about the same boy.”

 

Kibum sighed and shook his head. “I just don’t get it. Why is he so sad all the time? He’s been coming here for whole year and always wears the same expression!” he said, sounding frustrated.

 

“You should ask him. If you’re so curious. Why don’t you talk to him?” Taemin said with tilted head.

 

Ever since Kibum started working in that parlor, he’s been talking about a handsome boy who’s always sad and never talk to anyone so Taemin was surprised that his friend hasn’t tried talking to him. Kibum might have been cute but he certainly wasn’t shy.

 

“What? Just look at him, Taem. Does he look like he wants a companion?” Kibum almost hissed and when the younger boy looked at Jonghyun he understood what he meant.

 

“Okay. But still. You went as far as to find out his name from strangers. Which is kind of creepy if you ask me but… wouldn’t it be easier to actually try it? What can happen anyway? He might ignore you but at least you will have tried, right?” he shrugged and pointed on a banana ice-cream. “Now give me this one—” he grinned.

 

Kibum was silent for a while before he shook his head. “How can you say wise words like that and then act like a kid?” he scoffed but gave him the ice-cream nonetheless.

 

The two of them would bicker all the time but still loved each other dearly.

 

“That’s my charm, of course.” Taemin grinned again and Kibum laughed.

 

“Charm, my .”

 

“Your might be but mine is my personality.”

 

“Oh? Which one are you talking about?” Kibum smirked and the younger boy wanted to retort something, when they suddenly heard small laughter.

 

Both of them turned to look at the boy who laughed and when they noticed it was Minho, Taemin’s boyfriend, they relaxed.

 

“You should be careful. If people will hear you, they will think you are fighting for real. Hey, babe.” he chuckled and then greeted Taemin, kissing his lips.

 

“Eww. Keep this for your home, will you?” Kibum covered his eyes, pretending to be disgusted but they knew that he was happy for them.

 

“What, you jealous?” Minho and Kibum laughed.

 

“Never.”

 

“But you don’t have anyone.” Minho pointed out.

 

“He doesn’t but he’s crushing on this one boy.” Taemin snickered.

 

“I am NOT crushing on anyone.” Kibum clicked his tongue and Taemin stuck out his tongue at him in return.

 

“Yes, you are.”

 

“Excuse me?” new voice said from Minho’s side and Kibum blushed slightly when he saw that it was Jonghyun.

 

“Ah, yes? Sorry for keeping you wait.” he said and then glared at his friends. “Go away. I’ll loose customers because of you.”

 

Both boys laughed but stepped aside anyway.

 

“Uh, sorry again. What can I get you?” Kibum asked with sweet smile he gives his customers.

 

“It’s okay. Chocolate ice-cream, please.” Jonghyun said quietly and looked around calmly.

 

Again? Kibum wanted to ask but kept this thought in his head instead.

In the corner of his eyes, he noticed Taemin making hand gestures and then mouthing ‘talk to him’. Kibum rolled his eyes and then cleared his throat, handing Jonghyun his ice-cream.

 

“Here you go.” He smiled and was about to tell him how much he should pay when the boy thanked him and gave him money.

 

“You can keep the change.”

 

“Thanks.” Was all Kibum could say.

 

After Jonghyun left, the boy sighed and looked after him.

 

“So, you’re crushing on him?” Minho asked and Kibum groaned.

 

“No.” he said but that was a start of another teasing and bickering.

 

 

 

A whole day has passed and Kibum was finally home, lying on his bed and waiting for his housemate to fall asleep so he could go up on the roof to watch stars when suddenly, the temperature of a room changed. It became much warmer and the boy was getting uncomfortable.

He sat up and went to open the window in hopes to make the room cooler but strangely, although the breeze got into the room, the temperature hasn’t changed.

 

“Weird.” he mumbled and turned around.

 

The room became almost too hot for a while and Kibum knew that something was wrong. What if there’s a fire? He thought, widening his eyes and in state of panic he turned around, ready to run.

 

However, he almost ran straight to something. Or someone.

 

Looking up, he gasped and stepped back. In front of him stood a beautiful woman. Her dress was shimmering in the light of the room as if millions of small stars were glued there – which was magical, really – and it seemed like her face was glowing. The room still felt hot and whole situation was unbelievable.

But Kibum could only gape at the beauty in front of him. Strangely, he wasn’t afraid, just curious.

 

“Aren’t you scared?” her voice was like a honey and felt like it was caressing him, luring him in.

 

He shook his head and his lips. “Curious.”

 

She smiled widely, looking pleased with his answer. “What about?”

 

“You.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter