Happy Holidays, inlovewitkpop92

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 GxB [The Big Reveal is online! // News from 2018.12.31]

Gift for inlovewitkpop92

Gift from ????

Title: Christmas Gift

Pairing: Mark x OC

Words: 2160

Rating: T

Warning: -

Note: Hi! I'm sorry its kinda short, but I hope you like it! And Happy Holidays!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Christmas Gift

Los Angeles, December 24th, 2018

 

Mushroom? Check.

Eggs? Check.

Tortilla? Check

 

The figure dressed in a grey oversized hoodie walked back and forth around the room, softly humming along to the melody of Moana’s OST playing from her laptop on the countertop. She swiftly tucks the strands of loose hair behind her ear as she focuses on the scrambled eggs with mushrooms and kale for the fillings of her legendary quesadilla, now humming to the A Whole New World. Her hands were reaching out for the salt shaker when a pair of toned arms encircled her waist, nuzzling on the crook of her neck lazily. Her free hand rubbed the messy hair on her shoulder, smiling as she sprinkles some salt on the scrambled eggs.

 

“Good morning, babe. You’re up early.” she commented, placing the salt shaker back and now reaches out for the pepper grinder. Mark, the male figure, replied with a short grunt and tighten his arms around his girlfriend’s slender waist, making the girl giggle. “Stop, Mark! It tickles, you know. You certainly don’t want to miss my legendary mushroom and kale quesadilla, so I really suggest you sit and wait.” Madison, or more familiarly known as Maddie, advised the still sleepy boyfriend of hers. Mark let out another grunt but freed his arms from Maddie’s waist, knowing better than risking his breakfast.

 

Mark and Maddie had been dating for 4 years now, and had lived together since their 2nd anniversary. They were college sweethearts, and still going strong through their ups and downs. Mark was a year older than Maddie, but they ended up graduating together thanks to Maddie’s smart brains. It’s not that Mark’s not smart; he just prefers staying at his family’s restaurant and be a help there rather than sitting through hours of lectures that does nothing but doze him out. Definitely not a typical Asian kid.

 

“You know, it’s odd celebrating Christmas Eve without your family,” Maddie opened up another conversation as she finishes up her second quesadilla and cut the half-moon shaped food in half, serving it on the table on a large plate for Mark and herself. For the past years, Maddie had spent her Christmas Eve gathering at Mark’s parent’s place, along with her parents as well. This year was supposed to be her 5th Christmas with the Tuans, but the family decided that this year they should celebrate separately, as Mark’s parents decided to go on a cruise and Mark’s siblings had other plans for themselves.

 

“It is,” Mark said after he finished his first bite, “but I think it’s good. It’s been awfully long since mom and dad spend some time on vacation alone, and Tammy would definitely need some rest. Grace and her wife would love to spend some time alone together as well and Joey… He’s young, he still need to explore the world,” he said with a nod, contented with his own explanation whereas Maddie just rolled her eyes, laughing at her silly boyfriend.

 

“Say whatever you want to say, Tuan. Say whatever you want to say,” Maddie threw her hands up before taking a bite of her perfectly cooked quesadilla. She had to admit though, she’s happy she could spend the day just with Mark. She loved the Tuans, and for sure she loves hanging out with her parents and two siblings, but she never had the chance to spend any special (aside from Valentine’s Day) just with Mark, being comfortable in their PJs and binge watch movies on Netflix or mess up the kitchen trying to bake with her beloved boyfriend. She need to send Mark’s parents her homemade cheesecake as a sign of gratitude later.

 

Mark eyed his girlfriend with a smile, still in disbelief that he managed to be with the girl of his dreams, even after he felt like there’s no hope for him at all. It seems like it was just yesterday when Mark saw the dark chocolate haired girl walked past him on her way to the campus library, leaving him all stunned after getting a whiff of her vanilla scented perfume. It wasn’t hard getting her name or befriending her; but the real struggle is what lies after. Madison had never let her guards down around her guy friends—it’s all strictly about studies. Only after had Mark learned that Madison’s past relationships never ends well to the point she decided that her college years will only be about studies and studies only.

 

The girl only started to open up to Mark after he patiently and persistently be by her side, even when she only kept treating him as a friend for over a year. She finally decided that maybe the boy with a canine smile wasn’t so bad at all—and he is indeed the best thing that has ever happened to her, and vice versa. Mark took Maddie’s free hand and brought it up to his lips, gently kissing her knuckles and gazed at her with a smile over his lips.

 

“I love you, babe. I really do,” he said. A snarky remark was ready to roll off Maddie’s lips but she chooses for the latter after seeing the way he looked at her. She can’t help but to smile, feeling all warm inside thanks to her boyfriend.

 

“I love you too, babe. Always.”

 

---

 

It’s a few minutes past 5, and the lovebirds are cuddling on the couch while having their eyes fixed on the screen of their TV, watching the classic Home Alone series. Mark had his fingers on Maddie’s hair, mindlessly playing with it while the girl wraps her arms around Mark lazily. The two already knew the movie’s storyline by heart, but they wouldn’t miss the Tuans’ tradition just because they weren’t in the same room.

 

“Babe,” Maddie’s voice snapped Mark back from his thoughts before he hummed in response, not taking his eyes off from the screen. “Do you want to get something? The movie makes me sleepy,” She said, looking up at her boyfriend and got stunned for a second. She kept forgetting how good looking Mark is, and moments of realization like this is what made her fall all over again for the male. She quickly stole a peck on his cheek then smiled to herself, nuzzling her nose to the crook of his neck.

 

Maddie could feel Mark’s laugh reverberating through him before feeling a gentle kiss on top of her head, followed by Mark’s warm hug that still send butterflies in her stomach even after having tons of them before. The feeling took her back to the memory of their very first fight. It wasn’t something big—in fact, it wasn’t about an important matter at all. After that fight, Maddie kept avoiding Mark. Part of her still felt upset, but the other part of her realized that it was a fool of her and she regretted getting upset at Mark. As she was thinking of a way to apologize, Mark suddenly showed up in front of her doorsteps with a paper bag filled with chocolates and ice cream along with an apology; even though it wasn’t his fault in the first place. What really got to her was the fact that Mark would do everything just to make up with her, not caring which party was at fault—unlike what she had went through in her past relationships. She had always have to be the one asking for forgiveness, even when she was the one who got hurt.

 

Mark, on the other hand, was busy thinking about something else. He occasionally glanced at the small Christmas tree at the other part of the room, then got lost in his train of thoughts. Glancing down at his girlfriend, Mark gently landed his lips on her forehead while rubbing the small of her back.

 

“Babe,” he called, immediately getting her attention, “wanna get pizza?” Mark asked, but as soon as he saw the glint in her eyes, there's no need to ask twice. He chuckled and pecked her lips before grabbing his phone and placed his orders. Maddie watched him with a smile as she mindlessly traced her finger on his chest, peeking on the screen of his phone. His lockscreen was from their latest holiday to Disneyland several months ago. The two posed with churros on their hands, smiling away with their couple headbands. His smile would always be her favorite; the one smile that makes her warm inside.

 

“Baaaabe,”

 

“Hm?” Mark turned his head towards her and chuckled upon getting a surprise kiss from the female. She grinned widely before whispering ‘I love you’ upon his lips and leaned in for another kiss.

 

---

 

The two ended up in the bedroom last night, not even bothering to finish ordering their pizza. Still cuddling under the warmth of their blanket, Maddie was the first to stir awake. She could feel Mark's arm draped on her waist and his torso against her , breathing steadily. Maddie carefully turned around, trying not to wake him up, which failed miserably. Mark grunts and pulled her in his arms and nuzzled his face on her shoulder, making her giggle and gently caressed his back.

 

“Good morning, sleepyhead. It's Christmas,” she whispered softly, gently pressing her lips on his forehead. Mark grunts lazily and kissed her neck, mumbling a sleepy ‘Merry Christmas’ before he looked at her, smiling.

 

“Let’s open some gifts, shall we?”

 

---

 

After getting a shower and fixed themselves some breakfast, now the two of them are seated near the Christmas tree, picking which gift should they open first. Both Mark's and Maddie’s families has dropped their presents for the two a couple days earlier, just as how they dropped their gifts for their families. Usually they all gathered in the Tuans and opened all their presents there, but hey, this works perfectly fine for Mark's plan, anyway.

 

Maddie has opened gifts from her parents and Mark's parents so far, and now she's holding an huge, odd shaped gift in her hand. He looked at the card and chuckled, eyeing the male across her.

 

“What did you get me, babe?” she gently shook the rather heavy gift in her hand, to hear the sound of some type of wood hitting one another. “It's for you to guess, babe,” he chuckled and stopped opening his gifts. It's quite visible that he's nervous about something, but Maddie didn't seem to notice as she's busy unwrapping Mark's gift for her.

 

The female gasped and burst into laughter as she sees her boyfriend's drawings on the Russian dolls. She spotted the written ‘Open me!’ and eyed Mark suspiciously. “I swear if you put a toy rat inside you'd be banned from the bedroom for a month,” she threatened him, which only made him laugh and wiggled his eyebrows as if he's challenging her. She rolled her eyes and smiled as she opened the first layer of the Russian doll, to find a smaller doll inside with ‘you don't actually think it'd be that easy, do you?” painted on the doll. Maddie scoffed and pursed her lips, glaring at Mark who already had his hands up, chuckling.

 

Maddie continued to open layers after layers of the Russian doll, and was about to whine at Mark for giving her this odd gift when she spotted a picture of them along with the last Russian dolls, painted with a heart and ‘almost there ;)’ which made her look at Mark, asking for reassurance. The male nodded and smiled, gesturing her to open the doll. Maddie decided to trust her boyfriend and opened the doll, to find a black velvet box inside. Puzzled, Maddie looked at her boyfriend as he took her hands and held them tight.

 

“The last 5 years of knowing you has been the best thing that had ever happened to me, and the more I know you the more I believe that your voice is the only one I wanted to hear in the morning, calling me for breakfast. Your hair is the only one I wanted to play with as we watch movies. Your waist is the only one I wanted to reach at night. Your face is the only one I wanted to see every morning for the rest of my life,” Mark carefully recited the words he had been working for the last few months, but seeing her cry made him want to jump to his final question. Mark took the velvet box and opened it, revealing the diamond ring inside.

 

“Madison Zhang, will you marry me?”

 

Maddie, who was already in tears as soon as Mark held her hands, immediately nodded. “Yes, yes- of course, Mark, yes,” she managed to say as Mark slid the ring on her ring finger, smiling widely and took her in his arms. He gently rubbed her back and pressed his lips on her forehead.

 

“I love you, Maddie. I will always do,”

 

“I love you too, Mark. Always,”