Prologue

Granted

"Someone took my wallet." a man said to his friend.

"A pickpocket!" he shouted while chasing the girl in white jacket who was running into the crowd. She bumped into lots of people but she won't care. Sinb dashed to the alley and kept running until she came out at another part of the market. She looked around to make sure she was not being chased anymore. 

Sinb went back to the alley to hide herself from the people. She searched throughout the wallet and took out some money from it.

"Only ten bucks?" she groaned, "What's the point of running and wasting my energy? He seems rich!" Sinb was so upset, she threw the wallet on the road.

Sinb ran from her grandmother's house since yesterday night. She hasn't eaten a thing and she can't sleep. She's hungry but don't have any money. She run without a proper plan, she thought. But she came with an idea to steal some money at the market and she just stole a man's wallet.

"Whatever. I'll just buy some drink and food." Sinb took off her jacket and put it into her backpack. Then she walked to the nearest convenience store. She spent all the money on 1.5 litres of mineral water, a Sprite, a bag of chips, a triangle kimbap and some skwered sausages. She planned to finish them today.

I'll just die and I'm fine with it. Who don't want to die anyways?

Sinb chugged her Sprite and continue walking mindlessly. She don't know where will she stay. She don't have any friend to count on besides she don't go to school. If she ever had a friend, she's sure they won't help her running from her house.

Without realize, Sinb reached at the abandoned soju factory behind the fast food chain in the city. 

She looked around the place. The metal fences were rusty. Nobody's there. Sinb walked into the factory. She thought she can stay overnight there. Besides she need to use a toilet. She walked around to find a toilet and luckily she found it at the end of the building. She went into the toilet to check if there's any water for her to use. When she turn the tap on, there was running water from it. She smiled.

After she settle her bussiness, she went around the building to sleep. She heard a man whistling from inside the building. She turned and saw a man sitting on the stairs in the building.

"Are you cat-calling me?" she yelled from outside of the building. She hates when men cat-calling her because for her it seem rude.

"What are you doing here? Are you alone?" a man asked from inside. Sinb thought the man is just like her, got nowhere to go and no one to count onto. Sinb ignored the man and took a seat in front of the door. She's not afraid of him.

"I'm talking to you, lady." he smiled and sit beside her. He wears a dirty white t-shirt and a metal chain on his neck. He was barefooted and messy.

Sinb looked at his shirt and saw some blood stains on it. She traveled her eyes on his hand and saw many blood on his arm.

He might be tired of his life. He cuts his own hand.

"Did you killed someone?" Sinb asked jokingly just to break the silence.

"W-what make you think like that?"

"You got some red stain on your arm."

"D-did I just killed someone?" he asked nervously as he grabbed a metal pipe right behind him. Sinb awared of that, so she quickly held the man's hand.

"What are you going toㅡ"

"I can't let you off!" He hit Sinb at the back until Sinb fainted. His hand was shaking, he threw the metal away and grabbed his head. 

"Did I just killed her?" he asked, then he laughed. "I want to smoke. I need a cigar. I will collect some coin to buy a cigar." he left the factory, laughing and then crying. "I killed her! Hey people, I killed her!"