Weather, Traffic, Lipstick (2)

Pens and Papers

"What did you do?!" Umji practically shouted to whoever she was talking to over the phone. "What should I do with you? You get out of the place right now and wait for me, okay?"


It was a Saturday and Umji doesn't have any classes scheduled, and being the homebody that she was, she wanted to stay inside her dorm. Probably doing her homework? Maybe. And it was a rather complicated one. But Umji didn't mind how complicated it was, especially when she's making out with Yuju. Apparently, Yuju's professor that day went on vacation and she was more than giddy to spend an entire Saturday with her girlfriend. You could tell that it was a special day for the both of them and they have been going for round two that night when everything was ruined. And it was because of the call Umji reluctantly wanted to answer in the first place. 


Umji ended the call, placed the phone over the side cabinet not minding how harshly she put the precious phone over it, and looked at her girlfriend on top of her. Umji sighed as she saw the sight. Yuju was all in her glory, with her s perking up everytime her grinds against Umji's. Umji thought about how lucky she was having the luxury to look and savor the pleasure brought by the seducing figure. But something was off. It was obvious that the call dropped all the momentum they have been gaining to end round two. "Sinb made a fight again, I guess?" Yuju asked as she slowly went to lay beside Umji not even minding to cover her toned body. 


"You bet she did," Umji said regrettably. She then went to sit up front and arrange her hair. "You don't mind me having to fetch her right? I mean, I love that we're bonding together right now and would do anything to keep this day with you but you know Sinb."


"Not really," Yuju said lazily. Truth be told, she did enjoyed all the action they just made awhile ago, but then again, just when Yuju felt that she was getting near her , a call from Sinb was enough to erase all that. And now that they knew that their friend somehow managed to get in trouble again, she got no reason to stop Umji from fetching the troublesome brat. "We both know how much of a troublemaker she is and it would be much of a disaster if one us won't come fetch her right? And by the looks of it, you're the only one who could pacify that beagle right now." 


Umji smiled at Yuju explaining.  She can't help but to adore more her weird girlfriend when it comes to understanding Sinb's personality. "Aww...you cutie, what did I do to deserve you?" She came near her girlfriend and kissed Yuju's crown. 


Yuju smiled her puppy smile at the gesture. "Just message me when you got her, okay? I'll wait for the both of you here."


"Yes Ma'am," Umji answered cutely and climbed out of bed to dress herself up. She picked up Yuju's oversized black t-shirt that was thrown not far away from the other side of the bed and dressed herself with that. She then went out of the room after saying her good byes to Yuju and when she looked to her right, realized that it had been raining hard outside. "Do we have a storm coming? Oh well, might as well get Sinb fast and be back."

 

----

 

Sinb went out of the club and went to take shelter under a roof of a convenience store. She placed her pouch over a table she found empty upon entering and slumped herself at one of the stools. It was raining hard and rough gusts of wind made it worse but Sinb thought that her headache was much worse than that. She placed a finger on her temple and gently massaged it to somehow ease the throbbing. If she only kept herself busy just by drinking, her night wouldn't be ruined. 


She rewarded herself some drinks after surviving hell week at school and went to a club to get her reward there. She didn't mind bringing her classmates or Umji and Yuju since she was used being alone anyways. She was having a good time there since she doesn't want to interact with people much and it seemed that no one would dare talk to her, which was good in her case. But then, just as she thought that she could go through the night alone with only her Gilbeys and Heinekens, some pretty lady went beside her and straightforwardly asked her is she's free for the night. And because Sinb was under the influence of her 'friends' that night and the woman was a good looking one, she scratched the thought of having to enjoy the night alone. But it turned out to be a disaster. 


Last thing she remembered was making out with the woman she met and then someone came barging into their rented room without their consent. Turned out, this someone was the woman's boyfriend and they had some argument that made the woman chose to distract herself with Sinb. Sinb didn't mind being a passing distraction as she considered the make out as a one time thing only. But the guy was spewing some about her and her gender and Sinb was never one of those who will not do anything about it. And so when she felt she had reached her limit into tolerating the guy's behavior towards her, a punch has been sent to the guy's face, called him some homophobiac slang terms, and kicked his balls right in front of the woman. But Sinb wasn't done yet. She cursed at the guy and maybe kicked him once more and went out of the club like nothing happened. 


And here she was inside the lonely convenience store waiting for her bestfriend to come pick her up.

 
"What took you so long?" Sinb asked irritably as soon as she saw Umji entered the store. She grabbed her things that was sprawled over the table and went straight to Umji who, on the other had, was ready to go out immediately. 


"If there isn't someone calling in the middle of the night talking about some trouble she had and practically not sober enough to drive her car, I think I could picture myself having a third round right now." Umji explained ghostly. She was lowkey pissed at her bestfriend for behaving like she was some driver of hers, but she knew Sinb was drunk. Another factor was that she was dead tired from the make out and having to fetch her bestfriend while fighting the wobbling of her legs made her more exhausted. 


Sin's eyes widened at Umji's language she first thought that it wasn't her bestfriend she was talking to. "I never thought Yuju would be in the dorm tonight. Omo, sorry to ruin the moment Umji." She said sincerely. 


'Don't worry. We'll just head back before we caught ourselves stranded along the way."


And there they were inside Umji's cramped sedan waiting for the traffic to go but it seemed they are stuck in it. "Oh when could we finally be home?" Umji said while proppping her hads on the wheel. 


Sinb was looking uninterested at their situation and settled herself on solely staring at her side window. "What a bad day it has been." She muttered to herself but Umji heard it. 


"What a bad day indeed," Umji seconded once she heard Sinb's whine. "Hey, how about you pass me some chips?" She pointed at the cabinet beneath the dashboard. 


Sinb side eyed Umji for a second in annoyance but obliged nonetheless. She grabbed some chips and handed some to Umji but when the latter tried to take hold of the bag, it dropped to Sinb's feet. "Oops," Sinb said and Umji rolled her eyes. 


Umji stooped to grab the bag of chips that fell then suddenly the car behind them blared its blowhorn that she suddenly jolt upright. "What was that?" 


Sinb glared at the car behind them for blowing its horn so frustratingly. "What's wrong with that god damn car?! Doesn't he know that we're in a ing traffic right now?" 


"Oh I think the driver has a point," Umji interjected Sinb's array of curses at the driver. "Some car has managed to cut our lane unnie."


'What?!" Sinb said in annoyance as she turned her attantion in front of them and saw a new car already in front. "Why did you let that happen?! Oh my god, so it's another grueling thirty minutes of wait before this traffic could move again."


Umji was starting to get ticked off at Sinb's antics and the heavy traffic and rain only adds to it. "If you were ever so kind enough to hand me the ing bag of chips then this wouldn't have happened."


"Yeah, yeah whatever." was Sinb's only reply. 


After a long thirty minutes of wait, they managed to pass through the traffic and saw the cause of it. There were two cars that accidentally hit each other and its drivers are now arguing about on whose fault was it. Umji rolled her eyes at the cause of the nuisance and just slowly drove past it but Sinb would not take the particular event in peace. She opened the car window despite the heavy rain partnered with gusts of wind brushing through her face just to give the drivers a piece of her mind and a finger to go along with it. 


"What a bunch of idiotic drivers." Sinb commented after they were a good fifty meters away. 


"Well, you're one of them," Umji said in reply. "Remember when you boasted about your driving skills and ended up hitting a light post? That was one hilarious moment of you unnie." 


"Yah!" Sinb retorted as her cheeks became red at the sudden reverie. "That was a long time ago!"

The duo then passed safely across pools of flood and heavy traffic despite bantering and laughing at the memory of Sinb being once a useless and irresponsible driver. But when they entered the highway leading to their dormitory, they were greeted by a parade of traffic. 


"The hell's the matter with this place?" Sinb said annoyingly once she saw the long traffic ahead of them. This was the only way to their dorms and there could be no shortcut. She was hoping that the thirty minute magic would somehow happen again and that they could finally move from the traffic, but no, it didn't. And there they were, bored inside and practically cursing the inconvience silently as they ate all the chips Umji stacked for emergency purposes, but the traffic stayed the same. 


Sinb, now half-drunk half-sober and with a terrible headache, can't help but complain. She was getting restless by the minute but she couldn't get out because of the rain outside. "We can't even get out of this cramped place because of this rain."


"Dare try say one more thing about this baby and you're going to walk home." Umji threatened as she heard Sinb complained about her car being cramped. 'Well, it was a sedan and not an SUV or truck of some sort, of course it would be cramped.' Umji thought.


Sinb shrugged the threat impsosed by her cute bestfriend and tried to squirm in her seat finding a suitable position to nap. She never imagined having to sleep the night in the middle of the road and inside Umji's car. If she only had her car with her. 


It seemed an eternity for both of them with Umji trying to sleep while waiting for her girlfriend's message reply. Sinb, who was usually the beagle between them seemd to have lost all energy and focused her attention on the rain drops being wiped by the car's wiper. Minutes passed more and it was evident that the both of them had enough of the wait. 


"I'm becoming restless Umji, I need to get out." Sinb said in a tciked off manner.

 
"It's raining unnie, of course you can't get out. You'll only wet the interior." Umji said flatly.


"Why do I get the feeling that you care more for this stupid car than your bestfriend?" Sinb said in annoyance. Umji  was about to retort back when a police knocked on Umji's side and informed them of the waist-deep flood ahead and they'll be informed once the road is passable for light vehicles. The news bought Sinb more into despair having been officially concluded that they will really stay the night in the car. "Oh great. Now, I'm really stuck here."


"How about me?" Umji said. "If only you could keep that temper of yours while being drunk, I wouldn't have to end up here."


"So now it's my fault?!" Sinb snapped. "How come this is all my fault? He's the one who started calling some homophobiac to me, he only deserve what I did!"
"Yeah, but if you could just control your libido having to make out with some... Idon't know what kind of woman, then I think you're still in that god damned place while I have some y time with my girlfriend." Umji reasoned out. 


"Then you shouldn't come fetch me!" Sinb fired back. "You could tell and I would understand."


"As if you'll understand in your condition. Could you just thank me for fetch--" Umji stopped due to the car behind them blowing its horn. It was the kind of a long, torturous blaring signifying that the driver was pissed at something. The quarreling duo went to face the back of the car and glared at the driver like it could see them. 


"What the hell?! Why do he have to blow his horn so freaking long?!" Sinb whined as she covered her ears. Her headache hadn't gotten much better since the start and her argument with Umji and the pissed driver at the back were making it worse. 


"This is all your fault Sinb." Umji pointed out. 


"What did I even do now?!" Sinb complained but followed Umji hand to where it was pointed at. "Oh? So now it's my fault that a ing truck cut our lane? This is insane Umji. You're the driver and I'm just a damned passenger in this stupid car!"


"That's it!" Umji fired. She looked ferociously angry at the now half-drunk, half-sober Sinb. "Get out of this car unnie. I don't freaking mind if you wet the upholstery right now."


Sinb was surprised at the angry Umji and for a second regretted everything she did that night. But no way Sinb would admit defeat just yet. "Really? Right now when the rain had only gotten worse?" She challenged but it seemed Umji will hold her ground. 


Umji sighed. She knew how soft she was towards her troublemaker bestfriend and couldn't just get angry at the girl but she have to make her learn her lesson for insulting her car. "Yes unnie. I'm freaking serious right now. I need to cool down and I want you out. Another factor? You insulted my car twice already so, yeah, get out." Umji dismissed. Sinb was stunned at Umji's action and was already halfway opening the car door when Umji spoke again. "Come inside once you think I could talk to you normally because I don't want to have a useless fight with a drunk."


That's it, Sinb was furious and closed the car door with a bang before looking for a possible shelter to shield herself away from the rain. Unlucky for her, since they were stuck in the middle of the highway, it took her minutes to find a gasoline station where she could stay at. When she was finally under the roof of the station, she was drenched but not that super drenched since she had her jacket on. 


Sinb was tired but there's no way she would go back to Umji's car. She's still pissed but half of her was scolding herself for being an idiot that night. If she just went to drink and didn't get swayed by that charismatic woman in the first place, then maybe Umji was right. She would sill be inside the club drinking her Heinekens and wouldn't bother her bestfriend's make-out. This is what you get for being such a sorry wuss Sinb she thought. But just when she was promising herself not to get caught in being attracted to pretty women, someone caught her eye. 


Sinb's eyes followed the woman and she noted that woman won't talk to strangers easily as she was looking for something. Sinb wanted to approach her but then she was reminded of herself being attracted again. No Sinb. Umji's going to go berserk again she scolded herself and just kept herself contented in looking at the woman. When Sinb's person of interest disappeared at the back of the gasoline station, probably going to the comfort room, Sinb let out a sigh she realized she had been holding back since she saw the woman. She knew it would be a big trouble if she were to stay longer at the gasoline station and decided to leave the area and go back to Umji's to prevent seeing the woman again. 


She dusted her pants and went to go her way but hesitated once half of her brain was trying to tell her to stay and wait for the woman to come out. Sinb was annoyed at herself for having such a weak will in her and stayed for like three seconds to wait before she scratched her head and walked away at the site. But just as her heart started to beat normally again, she sensed someone was walking beside her and thinking it was some bad guy, she continued to walk. But that someone was still catching up with her and so she stoppped and faced whoever was trying to 'hurt' her only to be greeted by the cutest eyesmiles she has ever seen. 


It was the woman which caught her attention awhile back. Her heart beat suddenly raced twice and her breathing seemed to match its pace with her troubled heart. Sinb was practically staring at her with the latter just standing in front of her, saying nothing. She thought this could be her chance to talk to the woman but became nervous all of a sudden. The woman still has to speak her greeting or whatsoever since catching up with her but Sinb realized that the woman seemed to be lost in her own world. 


"Uhm? Hey?"


 
----

 

"I could tell something happened while you're alone outside," Umji commented when Sinb went back. She was no longer angry at Sinb and was intrigued on how the latter managed to stay outside for like an hour or so. "Care to share some?" Umji asked as she she shifted her weight to face her bestfriend.


Sinb's face wore a tinge of pink in it, clearly flustered, but tried her best to have a poker face when she tried to face Umji. "Nothing happened."


"Oh really?" Umji questioned then a smirk played on her face.


"Yeah, so quit asking more," Sinb informed her as she tried to close her eyes trying to sleep and hoping Umji would leave her be.


"Why would you know I'll ask you more?" 


Umji went to grab some tissues on top of the dashboard and gave it to Sinb who opened her eyes when Umji placed tissues in her hand. "What's this?" Sinb asked.
"You may want to wipe that smudged lipstick of yours unnie," Umji devilishly smiled at Sinb. She knew something happened and Sinb just won't admit. She saw Sinb tensed and looked at her warily like she was caught doing something but didn't say any and instead, slowly wiped the lipstick from her lips.