Monstrosity

Conversation Hearts

 

 

 “Oh my gosh, Donghae what the heck was that thing?!” Soyoung shrieked when she saw the shadow disappear when it had just been there a second ago. Donghae, who was frozen with fear, was jolted back to his senses when Soyoung, who had tried to run away, tripped over a rock. He grabbed her arm before she touched the ground and pulled her into a hug. She whimpered, “I’m scared, Donghae.”

He whispered back, “I’ll get us out of here.”

~~~

When Mikyoung saw the monstrous shadow, she shrieked and that made the floor cave in. She and Kyuhyun plummeted into the awaiting darkness.

Kyuhyun grabbed Mikyoung and pulled her into his arms when he felt the ground collapsing. His first thought was, “This is the end for me.” Then he heard Mikyoung's scream of terror and he thought, “I have to protect her.”

When the couple fell to the ground, Mikyoung seemed paralyzed. Her eyes were closed and Kyuhyun thought that she had fainted. He shook her and panicked. “Mikyoung! Mikyoung! Wake up, you can’t die!” He held his breath for what seemed like years, and when she finally opened her eyes, he sighed in relief.

“Are you okay?” He rubbed her arms to get her warm. “Is anything broken?”

Mikyounghad a blank expression on her face when she suddenly asked, “Are we ever going to get out of here?”

Kyuhyun remained quiet. At this point, he was wondering if they’d be able to finish the task at all. Then he remembered something that Eunkyung told him. “A girl likes someone who can pick her up when she’s fallen. Why don’t you score some points with Mikyoung and cheer her up or something when she’s down?”

He had never thought that he would actually use Eunkyung's advice, but he wanted to make his girl feel better, so he started singing.

“Everyday my life is like a dream. If we can look at each other and love each other, I’ll stand up again. To me, the happiness of those precious memories will be warmer during hard times. For me, hope is a dream that never sleeps.” Kyuhyun her hair while he sang, and the melody calmed Mikyoung's racing heart down. The two exchanged looks, and then Mikyoung cleared and suggested, “Why don’t we call Soyoung and Donghae to see if they’re all right?”

“Okay,” Kyuhyun nodded. Then he paused and said, “We’ll make it out of here, don’t worry.”

Mikyoungsmiled and murmured, “Because I’m with you, I’m not worried.”

~~~

Outside…

            When Taemin, Sunhee, Eunkyung, and Eunhyuk saw the others go into the cave, they turned to each other and nodded, signaling silently that they were ready to go. Taemin and Eunhyuk took turns going in the front of the line, shoving the snow away for the girls. They did this for about 30 minutes when Eunkyung started to fall behind. When Sunhee saw her “youngest daughter” getting tired, she stopped the group and said that they should rest.

            “I feel so bad,” Eunkyung apologized, “I’m holding the group up.” She kicked some snow to express her frustration at getting tired so easily.

            “It’s fine,” Eunhyuk put his arm around her shoulder, “I was getting tired too.”

            “Here guys, drink some water,” Taemin passed a bottle to Eunkyung and Eunhyuk. “We have to stay hydrated.”

            “Is it just me, or did it get really hot?” Sunhee had taken off her scarf and was wiping her sweat. (breaking a path in snow is really hard >.<)

            “I hear you,” Eunhyuk ped his jacket, and Eunkyung had given him a cloth so that he could wipe off his sweat.

            Around 10 minutes had passed when Eunkyung said that they should get moving. The group had seen no sign of an exit, and they were close to giving up. Eunhyuk had grimly joked about building an igloo to spend the night in, and earned a punch in the arm from Taemin. The boys continued to take turns to break the path of snow, and they came to a sudden stop when there was a bush in their way.

            “Why’d you guys stop?” Since Eunhyuk was in front of Eunkyung, she couldn’t see the bush.

            “There’s a bush,” Eunhyuk hesitantly replied, “and I have a feeling that if I move it, something bad is going to happen.”

            “We can’t just stop here!” Eunkyung argued. “What are we going to do then, just stop and stare at the stupid bush?” She was getting cranky at the fact that there was no sign of an exit and they were in the cold for more than an hour.

            “Eunkyung, calm down,” Sunhee soothed. Then she said to Eunhyuk, “Just grab the stick right there and push it back. If something jumps at us then hit it with the stick.”

            At that point, Eunkyung's temper erupted and she pushed the bush back. Her heart stopped and she froze.

            Staring back at her were sneering, blood-red and sinister eyes. Sunhee saw the eyes and she screamed and fell into the snow causing Taemin to pull her back up and engulf her in his arms.

            “Eunhyuk!!” Eunkyung wailed. She burst into tears, and as Eunhyuk hugged Eunkyung tightly, he prayed that they’d be out of here soon.

 

My Little Note…

            So… how was it? Was it okay for a first time horror scene writer? You guys have read my cute and romantic scenes- do you want me to continue with this horror thing, or just end it quickly and go back to the original cute story? Tell me please! (does the Tell Me dance… oh Heechul…)

            Oh, and sorry to Sunhee and Taemin who didn’t get much lovey-dovey time here. I’m planning to write your history as a couple soon! Please anticipate it.

            Mikyoung and Kyuhyun, I’m currently thinking on how to elaborate on your couple scene. I’ve got the idea for it and just need to put it down on paper.

            Soyoung and Donghae! You guys must be scared, I mean, you saw the very monstrous, horrifying shadow… I’m getting the monster from Harry Potter, so thanks to the producers of those amazing movies!

            I really love you people for reading this story… ♥♥♥

 

 

Fake…

            Taemin was frantically rattling Sunhee like she was a rag doll, while Eunhyuk was frozen with fear as he stared back at the bright red eyes which continued to sneer at him. Eunkyung was trembling and tears were running down her face, while Sunhee was closing her eyes, going to her happy place, where they were all back at home again, safe and sound.

            Taemin shouted in grief, thinking that Sunhee had fainted, and the shout made Eunhyuk go back to his senses. Eunhyuk looked at the stick that he was grasping tightly, and glanced back at the eyes. Then holding Eunkyung tightly and squeezing his eyes shut, he swung the stick around his head and it crash-landed on the eyes.

            Eunhyuk opened one eye and warily peered at the intimidating eyes. He sighed in relief when the eyes had disappeared, and when he used the stick to push the bush back farther, he saw that the source of the eyes had been a fake wolf. The wolf was now smashed against a tree stump, and Eunhyuk guessed that was where it got the electricity from to light its eyes up.

            He turned his head back to check if Taemin and Sunhee were okay. Sunhee's eyes had fluttered open when she heard the smash. Taemin sighed in relief when he saw that the eyes had disappeared and that his girlfriend had opened her eyes. The two kissed quickly and turned their attention to Eunhyuk and Eunkyung.

            “Eunkyung, it’s gone,” he her hair in an effort to calm her. “You can come out now.”

            Eunkyung had buried herself in Eunhyuk’s embrace and she was refusing to come out. When she heard Sunhee say that it was okay, she cautiously lifted her head. When she saw Eunhyuk’s bright smile in the moonlight, she was reassured that everything was safe.

~~~

“What was that thing, Eunhyuk?” Taemin asked. The group had settled in the snow again, and was talking about what just happened. Eunkyung refused to let go of Eunhyuk, so he complied by holding her in his lap. Taemin and Sunhee sat side-by-side, hands locked together.

“The whole thing was fake,” he replied back, “I don’t think that the teachers would have an actual wolf hanging around in the forest. Setting a task like that was just plain stupid.”

“I know that this whole field trip is safe, but why’d the teachers have to make it so hard?” Sunhee complained.

“I don’t know,” Taemin answered. He pulled out his cell phone and suggested, “Why don’t we call the others and ask how they’re doing?”

“Yeah, sure,” Eunhyuk replied. “Hurry up and call them.”

Taemin dialed Donghae’s number and waited for him to pick up. Sunhee brushed snow off of Taemin’s head and adjusted his scarf. Eunkyung, who had not recovered yet from the traumatizing experience, had resorted to playing with Eunhyuk’s fingers. Eunhyuk focused on the phone, and hoped that they were okay.

“Hello?” Donghae asked, “Taemin?”

“Donghae! How are you guys doing with the task?” Taemin said.

There was a pause, and Taemin asked again, “Donghae, are you there?”

There was a sigh, and Sunhee worried- what happened to the other group? Then Donghae softly said:

“We lost Kyuhyun and Mikyoung.”