Winter

Spring Day...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“지구 반대편까지 가, 겨울을 끝내고파,

그리움들이 얼마나 눈처럼 내려야,

그 봄날이 올까, Friend”

“And go to the other side of the earth, to end this winter,

How much longing has to fall like snow,

For the spring days to come? Friend”

Under the wintry air and the sky that has born black clouds since November came, the bright colours of autumn changed white as the earth floor covered with snow. The path sparkles and crunches, like sugar underfoot, and the coolness brings right into the now, into the moment of life. Though the flowers sleep and the trees show their lofty arms once more, a smile plays upon these cold lips.

Buzzing sound of people talking, laughing in the heart of the campus. The centre or focus of the university students, particularly, the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the linked university hospital, to hangout, having their meal and rest before going to their next classes.

Walking down the flight of stairs from the hospital, garbing the medical student scrub in dark navy blue, Kim Taehyung sighed in exhaustion. After having a 24 hours’ compulsory on-call in the gynaecology and obstetrics ward, he was done for and thanked the world that he’ll get a day off. His ears were still ringing from the shouting and screaming from the sunbaes, not that the mistake were severe, it was just common.

When it comes to human lives, it’s not enough to just give our best, we need to do our best to make it as perfect as possible. That’s the policy, minor mistake of a wound would lead to an infection especially a hospital acquired ones. And Kim Taehyung did make a mistake, minor one that he didn’t meant to happen, he was tired. It was at the 17 hours marked of the on-call that he was called to assist the doctor in the delivery room. He forgot to wear the surgery gown and was immediately called out from the room. Needless to say he got a sufficient, lengthy talk on the importance of hygienic personnel as the reminder for a lifetime.

The air was crisp, freezing, the air that he exhaled could be seen as he shivered in coldness with the lack of proper outerwear. His lower body was somewhat exposed with only the scrub bottom. He cringed, if his mother found out that he forgot to wear his thermal underwear, his ears will definitely fall off.

Walking in familiar student halls of the centre, he smiled and waved to both familiar and unfamiliar faces as he walked through towards the exit where he parked his bicycle. Kim Taehyung was a noticeable name, dare to say even, in both healthcare faculties and the hospital as well. He was handsome, definitely, friendly, humble, with the brain. A simple smile from him made the hearts of the innocent girls flutters.

Trying to find the set of keys in his messenger bag to unlock his bicycle, he noticed the familiar silhouette in front of him, where there’s a wide open space for the student to lay under the trees and open grass. Under the frozen tree, lies a girl leaning against the trunk, her hair hidden under the black beanie, her chin nestled under her layers of cloth and a distinct soft pink scarf she wrapped around her neck, her face was flushed, due to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter