Chapter one

THE GAME

Changmin throws the empty beer can on the TV.

 

"I will show you detective Choi what is real suffering."

 

How the rat can say that he is murderer?

 

"I am the biggest artist!!

 

Changmin yells back at the TV but there are already commercials. He is on edge of tears and ran to basement. There is young girl, student, hiding in corner but Changmin grabs the chain which is locked around her ankle and yanks her close to him.

 

"I am biggest artist!!"

 

The girl is crying and shaking in fear and pain. Changmin has enough of this stupid girl, she was too easy to get and she has no family. No family is begging in front of cameras for her freedom. Changmin takes baseball bat and starts to beat her until she is dead. Changmin throws the bat away and kneeled next to her. He put her body in plastic garbage bags and put them in trunk of his car. He has already perfect place where he will lay her body. As always he is like invisible and soon he is back at his house, watching TV again for news about his another art piece.

 

Siwon's POV

I am so stressed and tired. We can’t find nothing. Another body was found a month ago and we don’t have single trace. The fucker sends us video of torturing the girl and he put her body in town center of Seoul but still we have nothing. I have headache and gently massage my forehead. I wish I would be at home with my Yesung. At first, I was happy when I got this case, but it is too much. So many victims and cruel videos and I don’t know what to do now. We will need to wait until the fucker make some mistake but how many people have to die before it? My boss is angry and pushes at me to give him some results, reporters are pushing at me with their never ending questions and I just want to run home. The worst question is, why is he waiting? A month ago the girl was killed and whole month nothing. Did he end with killing or is he just waiting for something. It is already 11 in the evening and I am the last one here from my team, so I packed my things and turn off the lights. I am walking to the elevators when I see clapping of high heels behind me. I turn around and see Eun Hye rushing to me. She is secretary of my boss and she is trying to seduce me from my first day here.

 

"Good evening Eun Hye."

 

She bows to me slightly and we get in the elevator. She is blabbing about great restaurant not far from here, but I just want to go home to Yesung. I am trying to be polite but when we walked out from the building she suddenly hugs me around neck and kissed me right on lips. I am trying to push her away, but she bites on my tongue and circles her leg around my legs. Finally, I managed to push her away and I am panting.

 

"What?!"

 

She is playing with strand of her long hair and then wipes her red lipstick from corner of my mouth with her thumb.

 

"So, what about the restaurant?"

 

I turn on my hell and almost run to my car. She has just molested me! Yes, she is pretty, but I have Yesung and my heart is only his. I quickly drive away and left her standing on the sidewalk.

 

Yesung's POV

It is late and cold but I am still walking to the police building. From far I can see that only Siwon's office has lights on. I grip the bag with the food box tighter and look forward when Siwon will see the delicious food which I prepared for him. This will be surprise because I am usually sleeping around this time. I am almost there and I want to call his name but the sound gets stuck in my throat. He is kissing with some girl. They are kissing passionately and Siwon's hands are roaming over her nice body. He is turned to me by his back, so he doesn’t see me standing there with tears falling from my eyes. I run away before they stop kissing. My whole word is ruined. Siwon is cheating me. I thought that he loves me, but it was only game. He isn’t gay and probably likes her more. Siwon is only person who loved me though I am deaf. My parents didn’t love me, I was bullied at school but then he has come and everything felt right but now he has someone healthy, someone perfect. I take off the hearing aids and put them in the padded box and in pocket of my coat. I don’t want to hear the happy people around me. At the bus stop is man who shields his girlfriend with his coat. I throw the food box at trash bin and roam around Seoul. What if he took the girl to our apartment? It is his, so he will probably kick me out. I sit on bench in the park and watch Han river. I am crying and watching the fast flowing water. What will I do now?