Chapter 21

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Long time no see my little kittens! I'm finally done with school so I can give this story the attention it deserves!

 

                Jae gritted his teeth as he slowly stood, bruised from hitting the worn hardwood floor. He didn’t know who or what the crazy demon who’d grabbed and dropped him thought he was, but he certainly wasn’t Eunhyuk, unless there was another incubus with the same name. It didn’t matter. His friends would show up soon and they could help dismantle the place to see if his property really was in this dump of a building. He made a mental note to buy and raze the place as a warning not to with him, only to startle when a bell-like laugh from the little demon with the goat legs rang out and pierced the businessman’s thoughts.

                “It would almost be worth it to watch you try to buy Feed Your Demons, only to watch you fall flat on your face. This building is completely paid for, no mortgage thanks to Kyuhyun and his almost demonic ability to invest in the stock market, and it’s been zoned as demon-friendly and as a demon containment/treatment establishment. Those can’t be bought except to hold the exact same status if the previous owners are incapable of upkeep. Jungsoo and Leeteuk are excellent at what they do and have myself and my lovers as onsite support. Now, come on. I want to get through your slimy little brain before our important guest arrives.”

                Jae opened his mouth to say he didn’t take orders from demons, only to have a dirty rag shove itself in his mouth and tie itself behind his head. His hands were also bound behind him and he nearly stumbled as he was shoved none too gently toward a room that had an Out of Order sign on the door.

                “There. I don’t need you to speak and I’d rather you didn’t. Not much furniture in here since the last person’s temper tantrum, but you don’t deserve comfort anyway.”

                Jae grunted through his improvised gag as he was shoved onto a bare floor, narrowly missing cracking his head. He struggled like a stranded fish for some time before he was able to sit up and glare at his companion, who was perched on the edge of a battered folding chair. The businessman’s eyes went wide in something akin to fear as he saw what the little demon was doing, namely having flipped his loincloth aside and was lazily what had the be the thickest, angriest-looking purplish-red the human had ever seen. Was he about to be by this crazy little thing?

                “Please, don’t flatter yourself. Now if I was my old self, I’d’ve been more than happy to you raw until your insides liquified then eaten you, but I’m a changed demon. Kyu, Woonie, and if Yesungie wasn’t completely out of it wouldn’t like it, and I promised the Little One and Hyukjae I wouldn’t risk food poisoning.” He sighed and tucked himself away. “Now let’s get this over with so I can go have bed-breaking with my lovers, well unless whichever stick up his from the demon realms shows up first.”

                Jae struggled against his bonds as the little demon hopped up from his chair and came closer, wide smile flashing a sharp mouthful of fangs. His eyes went wide as he saw wicked-looking claws reaching for him, then every ual exploit, business or political decision, and everyone who had ever had access to Eunhyuk flashed through his mind in quick succession, leaving him with a blinding headache and severe nausea before he out.

 

***

                Ryeowook suppressed his gag reflex only with great difficulty. Being the type of demon he was, with the personal dietary habits he had, well he hadn’t thought anything could turn his stomach until he rummaged around in the head of the thing Eunhyuk and Hyukjae had known as Master. He’d eaten murdering es with more respect for their victims than Jae Crewe had ever had for the sweet little incubus and his diamond in the rough bondling the multi-natured demon cared for like one of his own sons or grandsons, not to mention the dozens of young human boys the would-be politician and his so-called friends had damaged over the years, thinking money or threats were enough when most of them weren’t even es, just street kids or those who happened to live in a rough part of town. Even if they had been rent boys, they still deserved to be treated like human beings, not disposable trash.

                After a few minutes of fighting with his own stomach, Ryeowook felt as though he could walk without vomiting and carefully stood up, waiting until his hoofs were steady before leaving the unconscious Jae and slowly making his way out of the room to the small group clustered protectively around Eunhyuk, who had his new wings wrapped around Donghae as he rested his head on the full human’s shoulder and sipped a sticky-sweet smelling pink concoction.

                “Well Wookie, how did it go?” Jongwoon asked first, sounding less like a space cadet than usual.

                “I’d rather eat the entire contents of a medical waste facility than go through that disgusting bastard’s mind again, but I’ve got them, everyone who ever hurt Hyukjae and the Little One, not to mention dozens of other boys they’ve ruined. Anyone have any paper and pencil so I can write this down? Oh, and one other interesting tidbit. They’re coming here to help “look for Jae’s property.” Makes Siwon’s job easier, no? There’s nearly thirty men though so he might need more handcuffs.”

                “I’ll get the new ones out of stock. They just came a couple days ago but I sort of forgot about them” Jongwoon kissed the side of Ryeowook’s head and padded off, just as Kyuhyun handed the little demon a new order pad and a pen. The multi-natured demon hastily scribbled a list of names, and had just set the pen down and was trying to rub some feeling back into his hand without nicking himself with his claws when there was a major ruckus at the entrance and Shindong, Kangin, and Henry yelling their heads off at a group of men in business suits, brandishing guns and stinking of corruption and unnatural desires, at least to the little demon.

                Unnatural desires, that’s rich coming from a demon who eats humans and used to them to death first. Ryeowook snorted to himself as he slowly gathered his power. He seldom used his demonic gifts anymore since they were meant for combat between demons when one was outclassed in size, weight, or fighting skill, though the little demon used to use his in order to seduce or subdue his meals when he went crazy after his second mate died. It was almost taboo to do such things to humans, but he figured in this case it was justified.

                It also wasn’t enough. Ryeowook could feel his power falter before it even came close to knocking any of the unwelcome guests out which was all he was trying to do so they or Siwon didn’t have to waste time chasing them down. He tried to push himself harder, only to start sliding toward unconsciousness himself instead. He was nearly passed out when he felt a warm, easy burst, like liquid sunshine wash over him and languidly make its way toward the group of abusers, only to knock them all down as though they were toy bowling pins.

                Feeling better than he had in ages, Ryeowook picked his head up and blinked, looking for the source of power. He assumed the High One Jongwoon had said Yesung warned him about had arrived and was responsible, only to see Eunhyuk in a passionate lip-lock with Donghae, scales glowing rose gold as wave after gentle wave flowed from the newly adult incubus as though he’d been doing it his entire life.

 

***

 

                “Hyukkie, Hyukkie I need to breathe” Donghae whispered against Eunhyuk’s mouth. Reluctantly the incubus gave his and his bondling’s love one last peck before pulling away and looking up to see what happened. He’d felt Ryeowook trying to knock out the group of men that had burst into the club, waving their guns and bellering his and Master’s names. Without even feeling their thoughts or energy, he knew these were the ones who had helped hurt him and Hyukjae for so long and instinctually he grabbed Donghae’s face to make out while wishing Ryeowook wouldn’t hurt himself and that the men would fall down so they could be easily taken to jail. Something must have happened since there were a lot of bodies on the floor and the multi-natured demon’s soulless eyes were sparkling rather than him looking like a worn-out dishrag.

                “Holy hell Little One! How did you do that?” Ryeowook was the first to speak. It was only then that Eunhyuk noticed the entire club staring at him, including Siwon and one extremely good-looking demon who had a frown on his face and felt even more powerful than Elder Leeteuk, and also vaguely familiar although the young incubus had no idea why.

                “Never mind that Mutt. Why isn’t this child in the demon realms where he belongs?” The new demon might be handsome and powerful, but Eunhyuk just wanted to smack him. Ryeowook for all his, unusualness had become quite dear to the young incubus as had the rest of the onsite Feed Your Demons group. Not in the same way as Donghae of course, but the multi-natured demon didn’t deserve to be called Mutt.

                “Elder Yunho. Eunhyuk was separated from his batchmates and kept imprisoned for close to fifteen years as close to reckoning as anyone’s managed. He eventually managed to escape a moving vehicle though he was blind, unable to walk, and nearly starved and ed to death and he’s been recovering ever since. He just got his sight back and acquired his adult form earlier this evening.” Eunhyuk had never heard Ryeowook so deferential before, and he didn’t like it.

                “I didn’t ask you Mutt. If I’d had my way you’d have been destroyed like the worthless animal you are and Leeteuk would also be where he belongs instead of this, human infested dung heap.”

                This was an elder from the demon realms? No wonder Elder Leeteuk bonded with Jungsoo and chose to stay to watch Ryeowook and the others.

                “If you are quite done insulting my grandson-in-law Yunho. What, Changmin not you off well enough, or did he finally get tired of being second place? He’s not coming back, and he and the others are a happy little .” Eunhyuk’s jaw nearly dropped at Elder Leeteuk’s words. The older incubus was always more refined in his language, not talking as though he were brought up in a back alley.

                Elder Leeteuk continued. “I hated being an elder and you know it. Always walking around and acting as though everyone was beneath me. I may be an incubus, but I’m a top. I do not enjoy having large sticks jammed up my , and I’m quite happy bonded to Jungsoo and looking after Wookie, Yesung, and now the youngling as well as anything any of the patrons of Feed Your Demons need. I doubt I’ll be watching over Eunhyuk much longer though. Everyone’s just waiting for the formal mating and wedding announcement. Those three are head over heels, though not sure Donghae’s quite figured that out yet. The full human is always the last to catch on, but not sure why.”

                The demon called Yunho narrowed his eyes at Elder Leeteuk. “What are you blabbering on about? This child will come with me at once and put into a suitable batch since his was lost.”

                “Not happening you stubborn old . Eunhyuk has a human bondling named Hyukjae, and they’re imprinted on Donghae here. No chance in hell he’d break their bonds and go back with you. Wookie and Yesung and I are perfectly capable of teaching him how to be an adult incubus.”

                “Wait, what did you say his name was?”

                “Eunhyuk. You need hearing aids in your old age?”

                “What is his ancestral line?”

                “That’s what Yesung went to find out when you so rudely jammed him back through the hole. He was so young when he was lost and he was so abused for so long he can’t remember. Why?”

                “Fifteen years ago you said. Think oaf. What happened fifteen years ago?”

                Elder Leeteuk gestured toward Ryeowook. “I was a bit busy back then. What are you talking about?”

                Yunho sighed. “I believe your granddaughter was mated to the Mutt and birthed a single as her last, correct? Though they were far too young and of different positions to do such things, shortly after they were sent to their respective batches, your incubus grandson and my youngest high demon daughter mated without permission and she died giving birth to an incubus child she wanted to call Eunhyuk. Your grandson went mad after her death and had to be put down like a rabid dog and since you were chasing after the Mutt I was left to raise the baby. He was put into a suitable batch at the appropriate age, only to have that batch destroyed by demon hunters the first time they came to this uncivilized realm. All were thought lost, but come here child. If I’m right, there was a survivor after all.”

                Eunhyuk hesitated a moment, only to have Donghae squeeze his hand and nudge him forward. “Go ahead Hyukkie. If he’s right, Ryeowook and Leeteuk are your really real family and from the sounds of it you’re practically demon royalty! How cool would that be?”

                Eunhyuk gave Donghae a wan smile before slowly making his way over to where Yunho waited, when he wanted to bolt upstairs with his love and his friends. Facing Master wasn’t as bad as his possible maternal grandfather.

                “Give me your hand Child” Yunho demanded as soon as Eunhyuk was close enough. The young incubus reluctantly offered his left, reasoning if the elder cut it off or something he could still use his dominant hand.

                “Show me your neck”

                Eunhyuk wished he and Donghae had mated already so he’d have the marks to show, rather than a few hickies from his feeding.

                “Good. Now this will pinch, but I only need a drop of your blood to test.” The young incubus felt something stab the tip of his index finger and squeeze out a drop of blood.

                “You’re well-behaved for living in this madhouse. Now, in the demon realms it’s the mother’s side of the blood that calls to the child’s. This wouldn’t work with Leeteuk or the Mutt, but if you are my grandson your drop will be pulled to mine and you’ll know where you belong.”

                “Blood or not, I belong here with Hyukjae, our love Donghae, and our friends” Eunhyuk raised his head to meet the older demon’s eyes, just in time to see a triumphant smirk on Yunho’s face as the two blood drops combined.

                “That settles it. You haven’t made the mistake of mating with a human yet, so undo your bonds and I’ll make sure you learn properly. From what I felt, you’re too powerful to be left unchecked. Once fully trained, I’ll help you find a suitable mate or mates among demon kind. A female to give you children and if you’re that way inclined a male to help blow off steam. You’ll only need to come up here for feedings.”

                Eunhyuk only had one answer for his newly discovered grandfather. “You’re ing kidding me right?”