Getting confident

The Youngest Gap

 

 

 

- We're starting dance rehearsal today.- TVXQ's choreographer walked from one side to the other of the practice room. - Manager told me that your schedule will be even more packed next week, and the PV is getting dangerously closer.

- Already? PV... - Junsu turned around from his position in the formation and saw some dancers sneaking in the room. He met Changmin's eyes, standing behind him and he sent him a daring stare .

Last week had been like this: leaving their kissing episode behind, and looking at it with distance, he grew some courage to get mad at Changmin. Now he wouldn't talk to , and luckily, no one noticed. If the hyungs were to find out, he had no way of explaining something so embarrassing. So now it was 'getting mad at Changmin quietly'.

- Are we filming in Korea? - Yoochun asked to no one in particular.

- Focus, Micky Yoochun. - the choreographer prompted them about the concept and the choreography.

Through the mirror in front, Yunho nodded at Yoochun and drank water from the bottle Jaejoong was handing him.

- Yunho-yah, we did some changes to the choreography to add more dancers to the overall sequence.

- I heard already.

Behind their choreographer, there were mirrors and Changmin was looking at Junsu through them. He had that daring look in his eyes. Junsu could barely hear what the teacher was saying. He sighed and began practicing the choreography without leaving his place.

 

Rehearsal in the morning. Meeting with SM representatives after lunch, dropping by SM studio in the afternoon, and some more practice in the night. Junsu wanted to stay practicing till late at night, and Yoochun convinced him to go home with the rest.

- You are out of your mind - Yoochun said getting in the van - we're all worn out. Please think about your brothers.

- I'm sorry.

Jaejoong his hair back and got in. As soon as he sat, he leaned against the window - I wanna sleeeeeeep.

- Ah! I thought we were going drinking tonight - said Yoochun, grabbing his cellphone from his bag.

- I don't know - replied Jaejoong, he crossed his arms and legs and closed his eyes.

- Are you ok? - asked Yunho, patting Jaejoong on his leg.

- Yunho-hyung? Changmin-ah? Junsu-yah? Anyone?

- Just let me sleep. I'm so tired - the oldest replied to Yunho- Yoochun-ah, let's go out when the PV is ready. We can go celebrate.

- I'm calling some friends - Yoochun said as he typed something.

- I think I'm getting a cold - said Jaejoong trying to sleep comfortably in the moving car.

- You too? - Yoochun asked a little bit distracted, busy with his typing.

- Hyung, you shouldn't go out if it's going to have consequences tomorrow - Changmin spoke from the rear of the car. Junsu jumped in his seat as Changmin put his arms in the back of Junsu's seat row. He remained stiff, feeling his breath near his neck- you tell him, Junsu-hyung.

- Eh?

Changmin patted his shoulder and it felt so weird. Junsu didn't know exactly why, but it wasn't right. He shook Changmin's hand off and moved closer to the window.

- Take care of your health, Yoochun-ah. Your voice.

- Ah, good to know my wives are watching over me - he said in a monotone voice. He put his sunglasses on, even though it was late at night. He seemed a bit hurt. He leaned back and mimicked Jaejoong.

Yunho giggled and patted him in the elbow.

It was a good thing no one turn around: Junsu was compressed in an invisible box, next to the window. He was hugging his backpack and remained silent and stiff. Suddenly felt some evil aura piercing his head from the back. He turned slowly to his right and saw Changmin staring at him.

He was leaned forward in the last seat row, his head on his arms, over the back rest Junsu was sitting on. He smiled like a mischievous child.

 

They got home very late at night, Jaejoong was dragging his bag by the floor when he entered the house, so Yunho grabbed it, and patting his back, led Jaejoong to his room as the oldest boy whined.

- Are you taking a shower, Changmin-ah? - asked Yoochun, turning on the TV. He dropped in the couch and left his stuff beside him.

- Ah, no. You go first, hyung. I don't mind - replied the youngest as he turned his cellphone on and checked his messages.

- Okay.

Yoochun grabbed his bag, his jacket and his phone and got up.

- Ah, you could at least turn off the TV, hyung. Be more considerate in the future - whined Changmin as he kept typing in his cellphone. Yoochun stared at him, judging him.

- What is this? Scold Micky's day? - he grabbed the remote control from the couch.

- You can leave it on the news. I wanna hear the news, hyung - he chuckled, never looking away from his cellphone.

- Ah! - protested Yoochun. Changmin didn't have to look at him to know he had a priceless face.

Yoochun looked at Junsu, who was standing in the living room's entrance, pointing at Changmin.

- Watch out with him - said as he dragged his bag into the hallway. - It's trolling day or something. You seem happy, Changmin-ah - his voice got lost in the hallway.

Changmin closed his phone and raised his eyes to his hyung in the room. He tapped the couch, inviting Junsu to sit next to him. His smile, mischievous as ever.

Junsu's face was a mask. He stepped back and disappeared into the hallway. The house was quiet. Yunho probably went to make Jaejoong had some sleep in the leader's room, that had nice blinds and was quieter.

He opened his room's door, the lights and saw it was a little messy. Those days he was sharing room with Yoochun.

He dropped his backpack on his bed and cleaned up a bit. He got hungry and went to grab something to the kitchen, avoiding crossing the living room. Good thing he could go through the laundry room. He grabbed something from the fridge and drank water.

He hummed one of their songs as he made his way back and saw Changmin calling his name at the end of the hallway, before his door.

But he decided he wouldn't let Changmin bother him. He glanced to the floor, having Changmin's gaze pierce him across the hallway.

- Let me pass - said Junsu huskily when the youngest blocked his way.

- What-is-it-with-you-hyung? - he giggled.

Junsu avoided looking at him in the face and flailed around trying to get to his room.

- Yah! Stop it! - yelled Junsu, he wanted to let Changmin know he was mad at him. Suddenly, he came to remember that that was the same place he had kissed him before. The moment it hit him, the taller boy put his hand on Junsu's tummy and pushed him soft, but firmly, against the wall.

- Mm?

 

Changmin's strenght scared him.

He froze.

Changmin took advantage of it.

 

They kissed, Changmin's lips parted Junsu's and he could squeeze his hyung's upper lip. The sensation was so nice, the maknae just smiled and then chuckled. Junsu took this chance and pushed him away in a non-agressive manner. If he were to show any sign of hostility using strenght, Changmin sure wouldn't want to lose to that. So he pushed him softly. But then scolded him:

- If you do this again, I'm telling the hyungs! - Junsu threatened.

They both heard the water stopped running in the bathroom: Yoochun had finished. Changmin remained silent and frowned.

- This will be the last time! I'm warning you.

Now that was a bit better. He was his hyung and the whole situation was disrespectful towards him. He made himself clear and felt proud for it.

- Okay, hyung.

Junsu got in his room, ready to close his door. Changmin just had to lean forward a few inches to steal a kiss from him and then he dashed down the hallway to watch TV again. A door creaked close by and Yoochun got out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel, and another one wrapped around his waist.

- Junsu-yah, I finished your shampoo bottle just now. Would you mind getting me another? - he chuckled - What happened?

Junsu had blushed intensely. He covered his face with both hands and shook his head.

- Nothing.

- Junsu-yah?

 

 

 

The next couple of days, their staff would prepare everything for the filming of the next PV. One day, they had one of their managers lunch with them at home to brief them.

- Ah, so we are filming in Korea? -asked Yoochun.

Their manager nodded. He was enjoying Jaejoong's cooking.

- Why are we filming here?

- Well, it'll be here, indoors and all, but the japanese staff is coming - added their manager.

- Really? - Jaejoong was always happy to see japanese staff members.

- Then, more so we have to shoot in one day - Yunho wanted to make it clear.

- Original schedule states shooting will be done in two days - said a little bit worried - but it can be arranged, i guess.

- The costs will be huge, hyung - practical Changmin spoke.

- It can be arranged - their manager undestood their worries.

 

 

As soon as their manager left, Jaejoong and Junsu washed the dishes. When they finished, Junsu stumbled with Changmin by the door.

- Hyung, can I sleep with you?

Junsu opened his eyes so big that Yoochun, who was passing by, misinterpeted his face and thought he was about to begin a fight with Changmin right there.

- Let him, Junsu-yah, - Yoochun entered the kitchen to grab water from the fridge - he’s been asking me the whole week, but I can’t. I have a cold.

Yoochun hadn't seen Changmin's expression when he asked. The boy glared at Junsu in such a way... His words were nothing near naive.

- Eeh... Yeah. Sure.

- You want to sleep in my bed, Changmin-ah?

From the sink, Jaejoong's voice broke Junsu's train of thoughts and he escaped the kitchen, all flustered as he heard:

- No, Junsu-hyung's bed's fine. Hyung, you got something to eat?

 

 

Junsu's bed wasn't that big, but he had slept with each member at least once. Why would this time be different?

Sometimes Jaejoong would nurse their members, if they were sick. There were times when someone would have a terrible week of nightmares caused by stress, so they never even hesitated in sharing their beds. They were brothers.

- Brothers don't do that - mumbled Junsu, sitting on his bed, ready to go to sleep. He turned to look at Yoochun's bed. It was empty and tidy.

Yoochun entrered the room, straight to his closet. He got a sweater, since the night was chilly.

- Come to bed soon, Yoochun-ah - said Junsu as he stared at him walking by the room, almost with pleading eyes. He raised his legs from the floor and folded them. He began to pinch his bed's cover.

- I'm in the middle of something interesting, I just came to get this.

- Good night, hyung - said Changmin, who entered the room, and quickly went to Junsu's bed. His hyung didn't move a muscle. The youngest undid the sheets, but Junsu was not cooperating.

- Move, hyung. Give me some room.

- Good night - replied Yoochun and got out, turning the lights off. They heard the studio's door after a few seconds.

Only the lights in the night table stayed on, but Junsu could see Changmin was cheerful. He moved, and Changmin could get in the bed, then he undid his side and got in too.

Everything was settled so that he would have an awful night.

But when he put his head in his pillow and so did Changmin, he saw a friendly smile that calmed him down. They were a few inches away, facing each other across the pillow.

- What? - Changmin giggled.

But Junsu's face was unfriendly. The youngest boy supressed his smile, asking for a chance. He drew one arm out of the sheets and tapped the cover, looking for the edge.

Stretching the blanket, he covered both heads. Still, there was an opening in their cozy tunnel, so Junsu could see Changmin smiling.

- Hyung - he whispered in thecutest way Junsu could recall.

Junsu's lips were itching a bit in anticipation, but all Changmin did was approaching, closing the gap between them, his warm breath over his hyung's lips, and closing his eyes, rubbed his lips against Junsu’s in a very subtle way. Immediately, his hyung clenched his lips with a hundred thoughts in his mind.

And then gave up.

Junsu kissed him back, startling the younger boy, who opened his eyes. He deepened their kiss, his hands going to Junsu's waist inevitably. Junsu carressed Changmin's jawline as he felt the youngest one's hands going under his pajamas. It didn't feel invasive at all so he let Changmin do as he pleased. His firm hand attracted their bodies together and suddenly Changmin raised up wanting to top his hyung. Junsu felt the urge to stop him and turned his head away. His hands protesting firmly over Changmin's chest.

- Turn off the light - said Junsu as he folded his blanket again, uncovering them both.

Changmin was clueless.

- Go, you punk.

He literally kicked him out of the bed, and Changmin was so amused, that he didn't even fight back and fell off the bed by the edge.

- Hyung! - whined Changmin.

Junsu didn't even look at him while punching the pillow so it would be more comfortable. Changmin (a bit lost), turned around and turned off the light in the tiny lamp. He went back to bed.

- Good night - Junsu said next to him. Changmin couldn't see his face, but he felt how his hyung put his head on the pillow, ready to sleep. He turned his back to him.

- Hyung? - pouted Changmin in the dark.

He surrounded Junsu with his arm, startling him and got his hand under his pajamas, going up to his chest. That's all he could do.

- Good night, hyung.

Junsu tried to remove his arm, flustered before the possibility of Changmin feeling his heartbeats, but it was impossible.

- Changmin-ah-

- Good night, hyung.

The younger boy smiled, cheerful.

- Chang-

- Good night, hyung.

 

 

The week was really packed and they even had to work in the weekend. So days off were, once more, a far possibility.

- In charge of the laundry! Changmin and Junsu! - announced Jaejoong as he drew two pieces of paper from Yunho's fedora.

- Ah, agree - said Yoochun and got out of the kitchen.

- See you later, then. I'm going to play basketball - said Yunho, stealing his hat from Jaejoong's hands and disappearing afterwards.

- Have fun.

Junsu was watching one of their early performances on TV in his laptop. Changmin was sitting by his side, too close to his liking.

- Hyung, can you please check something I'm doing? - they heard Yoochun asking from the living room.

- Coming! - Jaejoong followed.

- You're not sleeping in my bed tonight? - Junsu asked.

- You want me to? Ask me, hyung.

He was about to take his hyung's hand when Yoochun got in the kitchen.

- Seen my snacks? - he would open every door he found in the kitchen.

Junsu pushed Changmin's hand away and put his own over the keyboard to keep them busy. Changmin pressed several random keys just to bother him.

- Hyung? Have you seen my snacks? - yelled Yoochun as he left the kitchen again.

- Come on. Ask me, hyung - resumed Changmin.

- Nah, I'm okay with it - replied Junsu, without taking his eyes off of the screen. He grabbed a bottle of water next to him and drank from it.

- You don't need to be like this all the time, you know - his voice sounded a bit hurt - We like each other, like to be with each other, eventually we'll have and keep-

Junsu spat all of the water he drank, fell off his chair and went to cough next to the sink, trying not to choke.

- Yup - Changmin couldn't even laugh at it. It wasn't that funny to him.

Yoochun went back to the kitchen, mumbling the location of the snacks and found them right away. He opened the fridge also.

 

- Ah! There's no more water - he got next to Changmin - Can I have from this bottle? -asked pointing at Junsu's water.

- Go ahead. Junsu-hyung finished spitting it, it seems.

He noticed Junsu next to the sink, and drank water. He glanced at Changmin, who didn't take his eyes off of the screen, and Junsu, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He felt that that silence wasn't right.

- You two are so weird lately - Yoochun said going from one to the other - You're not arguing behind our back, are you?

- Nope - Junsu wouldn't answer, so Changmin did.

Not entirely convinced, Yoochun took the bottle with him outside the kitchen, and to the studio.

- We kissed already. You dislike it? - resumed again, Changmin.

That was something he just couldn't lie about.

- ...No.

Changmin turned to look at him.

- We like each other, hyung. So it's only natural. We're adults and can handle it, right?

Junsu was just staring. Changmin could be so bold at times. But his reasoning was very clear.

- Ww... - he scratched his back, and gestured something with his hands trying to explain himself, but couldn’t - Shall we do the laundry?

 

While the hyungs were locked up in the studio, making music, they were hanging socks next to the kitchen. Junsu began humming and suddenly, a flying sock hit him in the face. His japanese just popped up.

- Kono yaroooouu!

Changmin giggled evily, his eyes mismatched, and ran away right after seeing Junsu grab their just-washed-underwear and tried to hit him with it. Junsu ran after him until Changmin stopped abruptly, making his hyung crash against his back, opened their biggest closet in the house, and pushed Junsu inside. Yoochun saw them  and knocked the door right after Changmin had closed from the inside.

- If you're going to make a prank, make sure you won't be noticed! - he stuckhis ear to the door waiting for a reply - Are you pranking me?

- Go away! - Changmin's voice came out clear.

- If you wanna prank Yunho-hyung, let me join! I'm feeling lonely! - Yoochun chuckled and looked back at the studio's door where Jaejoong was waiting.

- Are they pranking me? - asked Jaejoong almost in a whisper.

Yoochun shrugged. He left them alone.

 

Changmin sank in Junsu's neck, as he hugged him. They hit the bottom wall, and both laughed.

Junsu wrapped his arms around the tall boy's neck and let Changmin kiss his neck, collarbone and undo his buttons, feeling a bit uneasy. His heart beatinglike crazy.

- Mm? Your face is hot, hyung. Are you blushing?

- ...No.

- Mm... liar~

Changmin took his hyung's shirt off half way and pinned him to the wall. It was easy for him.

- Wa- ! Wait! Changmin-ah! What are you doing?! - Junsu panicked right away.

Changmin kissed him in the middle of the chest and then fiercely attacked his lips, 'accidentally' rubbing his with his thumb, he made Junsu moan in his sweetest tone.

 

Someone knocked the door, making both awareof the surroundings: coats and towels.

- What is this underwear doing in the middle of the hallway? - Jaejoong sounded mad - Go finish the laundry!

Changmin and Junsu stared at each other, breathing heavily. Well, they thought they were staring at each other: everything was pitch black.

- Eee... Yeah! Hyung! - Junsu managed to yell out.

Changmin gave him room to lower his legs and release from each other's embrace. Junsu put his shirt back on. He realized he was sweating a lot. Changmin kissed him briefly and then he opened the door. They went to the laundy room to finish the job. They would glance at each other over the clean socks without saying anything. For Junsu, things were getting dangerous.

 

 

They got up really early next morning: PV filming date had finally arrived.

- Do we have a car? - Jaejoong apeared in the living room, leaving Yoochun's bag on the couch, and carrying his own in the other hand.

- I'm driving today - Yunho said, opening a bottle of water. Jaejoong wiggled his eyebrows.

- Oh, please, stop the traffic. Yunho-is-driving - said with a manly voice and his laughter just blurted out spontaneously, filling the house. Yunho stared at him with a smile.

- Ja, Jaejoongie will have to walk to SM building! - the leader stated childishly.

- Noo! - giggled Jaejoong - Please take me there- he bowed - I'll behave - his smile like the sun.

Yoochun stormed in the living room, looking for his sunglasses.

- Where are you going, hyung?

- I'm dropping by the hair salon, then SM building.

- Ah, please, take me there. Wanna drop by the studio - said Yoochun as he took his sunglasses case from the counter, in their bar.

- Anyone else want a ride?! - Yunho yelled across the hallway.

Junsu was looking for his shoes under the bed. He heard Changmin getting out of the bathroom.

- Please tell hyung to wait for me.

- There's a car waiting outside? - Yoochun was next to the window, looking at the street.

- Changmin-ah? - Yunho recapped his bottle and put it in his bag.

Changmin entered the living room, putting on his shirt.  

- Just go, Junsu-hyung and I are going in the van. Don't worry - he said as he put his hands on his waist. He clenched his lips, and sighed.

- Take care - said Yunho as he patted Jaejoong in the back, trying to remove him from the mirror.

- See you at the venue! - Jaejoong said, one last time his hair in front of the mirror, Yunho pushed him towards the entrance.

- Take caaaareee! - Yoochun waved at him with a v sign, grabbed his bag and they left.

The door closed, and Changmin felt guilty. He sighed again.

 

A few seconds later, Junsu stormed in the room.

- Where's hyung? - Junsu turned around, clueless. Changmin remained quiet - Where's hyung?!

He went to the window, and saw Yunho's car getting out of the building.

- Why didn't you stop hyung?

Changmin shrugged, his lips still clenched.

- Ah! There's a car waiting outside. We still have time, hyung.

His voice sounded so different. He was putting effort in sounding practical. Junsu was judging him hard.

- Time for what? - he was hurt and mad. Walked past Changmin, but he grabbed him by the wrist.

- We need to talk - Changmin's tone of voice was so serious. He dragged him nicely and made him have a seat. He sat in front of him and put his hands together in a very dramatic and reflective way.

- I just found out we're taking a flight the day after tomorrow.

Junsu blinked. Changmin his hair in the back of his head.

- We're coming back to Korea around the weekend. We'll be going back to Japan by Tuesday. We have a lot to arrange at the studio. Japanese promotions are next. Manager-hyung even shoved one variety into our schedule before leaving.

- Yeah... Gambatte, ne - said Junsu in a monotone voice.

Changmin laughed bitterly at his hyung's comment. He'd have trolled him any other day, but not now. He shook his head.

 

Their house phone rang, and Changmin ignored it. Junsu's eyes went from Changmin to the phone several times.

 

- We're going out to drink tonight.

- Aren't you going to pick up? - as soon as Junsu asked, the phone shut.

- This might be... the last chance for us to be alone for a while, hyung.

Then Changmin's cellphone rang. He picked up real quick, pissed at the sound. Before he could hear anything, blurted out:

- We're going down - and hung up. He closed his cellphone and put it in his pocket without taking his eyes off of Junsu.

His hyung sighed, rubbing his knees, without knowing much what to say.

- I'm thinking of not going - resumed Changmin, plain.

Junsu felt cornered. He swungback and forth, got up from his seat, and grabbed his bag.

- Go and have a drink with the members. I don't know if I'm going yet.

Changmin got up also. He wanted to kiss his hyung so bad, but he seemed pissed.

- Tomorrow there's our dance rehearsal really early in the morning, and I need to rest, but I don't know... - Junsu added. Then he sighed and said what was stuck in his throat: - You're so childish, Changmin-ah! Getting desperatefor something like this, really...!

He regretted it the moment he said it: the younger boy wasn't hurt, but Junsu could sense some sadness in his eyes.

- I don't know.

Junsu scratched the back of his head.

- I just don't know.

Changmin tried to grab his arm, when he walked by, but Junsu was rejecting him with all his being. He just gave up, and followed him to the car.

 

 

Their newest japanese single would be out soon, and PV filmed neatly in the first half of the day. Jaejoong was so cheerful for meeting japanese staff. He was anticipating their comeback to Japan and Bigeast, opposed to the sad feeling of leaving Korea and Cassiopeia.

The filming set gave them such a good feeling that this would be a success for TVXQ. A big hit.

- Wanna go to play soccer with Eunhyukkie before going to Japan. I won't be seeing him in a while - Junsu was chatting with Yoochun. In the other side of the filming set, Yunho and Jaejoong were talking to a camera man, probably footage for some future DVD.

-  Are you joining us tonight?

Immediately, Changmin, a few meters away, raised his head to look at them, while practicing his dance steps. He was so serious.

- I don't know.

- Please keep it a secret. Manager-hyung will kill us if he finds out.

- I know - Junsu replied as he stared at Changmin for a while and finally added - ...I want to rest. So I guess not.

- You're no fun - said Yoochun, pouting.

They filmed the solo shots very late again. They were interviewed by the attending media and Junsu had his chance to talk about the PV for the upcoming DVD, until Yoochun went to bother him.

- Are you ok? - asked Yunho to the youngest.

- Yeah, yeah... I'll recover soon.

Changmin was sweating a lot. He sat next to the monitors to rest. Jaejoong, who was watching the last dance sequence, fanned him like the surrounding noonas.

- I just need water - he got up and walked towards Junsu.

He grabbed a bottle of water and opened it. He drank it like there was no tomorrow. Junsu grabbed some snacks and chewed.

Junsu was trying to glare at him, but when Changmin made eye contact, he avoided him. Then he drank some more water, and inevitably, Junsu's eyes would drift to him.

- What? - asked Changmin without looking back at his hyung.

Junsu kept chewing, his eyes drifting, lost in his thoughts.

- Do you want some water? - asked Changmin, offering his bottle.

- I can grab my own, thank you - giggled Junsu.

- Well, an indirect kiss seems to be the only way I can get any contact with you, hyung. Things will get this bad.

 Junsu's smile vanished.

- Don't manipulate me.

- I thought it would look like that if I were to saysuch a creepy line, hyung, but after thinking a while, I came to the conclusion that in fact, IT IS what's going to happen. Being bold about it won't hurt you. Don't call it 'being childish' if I'm trying to say that I need you.

Junsu felt colors going up to his face. He turned around, so no one would notice. An assistant of the director got close.

- Junsu-sshi? Changmin-sshi? We're ready.

Changmin grabbed Junsu's hand. His sole contact sent pleasant memories to his brain.

- We're going.

The assistant nodded and disappeared. Junsu didn't know his reactions towards Changmin's touch had changed so much in the past weeks. They stared at each other with meaningful eyes. Next thing he knew, Changmin had approached his hyung, Yoochun, who was monitoring himself in the screen, patting him in the back. They were a few meters away, so he could hear clearly:

- I'm not going drinking tonight, hyung.

- Why?

- Well... I'm tired.

- Are you ok?

- Just tired.

 

So it was settled.

 

They gathered around the director to receive final instructions and then began shooting the last batchof scenes.

They wrapped up so late that day, that Jaejoong, Yoochun and Yunho decided to call their friends and go to their favorite bar directly from there.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

AN: omgomgomgs

Are you guys as excited as I am? ¬_¬

Too long a chapter?