You're not a man?

The Youngest Gap

 

Laughter exploded in the living room.

There was protests and loud voices.

- You're not a man?! - asked Jaejoong as he grabbed a glass from the bar.

The glass had a suspicious liquid inside. Next to him, Yunho was wondering what kind of mix was that of such a disgusting color and smell. He stared at it, arms crossed over his chest, with an awkward smile on his face. He surely felt sorry for Junsu, sitting in the rug.

- Nah! Hyung, wait! Wait! - more protests from Junsu, whose smile had never gone, but was going to put up a fight to drink it. He raised his arms, showing his palms as if they were enough wall to block Jaejoong, who was delighted. Some evil hyung he was.

Changmin and Yoochun cracked up on the sofa, one above the other, that much entertained they were, that had to just drop themselves in the first place they found. They were of no help to Junsu.

- Now, you're not a man?

- Hyung, it's unfair! They cheated! Yoochunnie knew which cards...!

When it came to games, Jaejoong would loose his patience waiting for losers to admit their defeat. He grabbed Junsu's wrist and pushed the glass towards Junsu's face, threatening.

- Nah!! Hyung!!

Changmin saw his opportunity and quickly got up from the sofa and helped his hyung to restrain Junsu in the floor, with an evil expression on his face, Jaejoong poured the smelly liquid as he could into Junsu's mouth, as Yoochun and Yunho made disgusted faces.

 

Junsu's stuborness again. He got trolled hard this time.

 

Both bullies got up, now that they had left Junsu on the ground, and cracked up at the vision of the poor boy, his face wet, coughing as a result of his stuborness of not drinking his penalty of his own accord.

Seeing that the scene was aiming to become a drama, Changmin pat Junsu's arm friendly, and went next to Yoochun, who could still laugh at his friend without remorse. He hid his face on the armrest to contain himself.

Junsu wiped his face with one hand, visibly humilliated and Yunho lent him a hand to stand up, as Jaejoong got behind the bar, looking for new ingredients for a new mix, giggling evily.

They heard sound of bottles behind the bar.

- Jaejoongie, let's play something else - said quickly Yunho - this one turned out a little bit violent.

Jaejoong's head appeared behind the counter. - You didn't like it? - Bottle sounds stopped. He was surprised. Yoochun had stopped laughing and extended his arm towards Junsu. He didn't reach him, but Jaejoong heard them chat.

- Are you ok?

- Yeah... It wasn't that bad - he pulled a smile, but eveyone there knew it hurt to lose. He recovered pretty quickly - Hyung, that wasn't so bad. You lost your touch.

- Aahh.... you see? Those things are not good anymore - protested Changmin - we're so used to them already, really...

- Let's do something else.

- Like what? - Jaejoong's head disappeared behind the counter, they heard him put the bottles back in their place, and then he was next to them, discussing their new game.

- What would be a challenge. I mean- a real challenge? - Yoochun asked them, going from Changmin who was good at thinking in those things, to Junsu, to close the previous episode with his consentment.

- It must be something we really hate, otherwise it won't be fun - Changmin always thought so seriously about the littlest things.

- Anyone want a beer? - Yunho looked totally not interested. He went to the kitchen and they heard him open the fridge.

- Hyung, can you bring some?!

 

When the leader got back from the kitchen, he saw Jaejoong and Changmin with their heads sticked together, plotting new penalties.

He sat next to Jaejoong and handed Yoochun and Changmin a beer. And put in the center some peanuts he had found in his way back.

- It's getting late. Shouldn't we be in bed? - he asked to no one in particular and drank a bit from his bottle.

- You didn't hear from hyung? Morning schedule got cancelled. So we get to sleep more. Well, except for Junsu.

He got up early regardless of the schedule.

- I'm jogging tomorrow. Wanna come? - Junsu asked Changmin.

- Um... please, wake me up - he said as he munched some peanuts.

- All that's left is dice - said Yoochun a little bit dissapointed - we play these or we're going to bed.

- Plaaayyyy!! - Jaejoong raised his hand with his fist clenched. Very childish. He drank from Yunho's bottle without protests and grabbed the dice - we'll figure out the punishment in the process.

The oldest boy shook the dices with both hands, played with everyone's patience, and rolled them.

- What are we playing again? - Jaejoong smiled, trolling everyone.

- Aaaahhhhhh....!!

Everyone protested, and Yoochun got up, clearly going to bed, tired of all that. Jaejoong calmed the boys down, asking time with both hands.

- Wait, easy. Wait.

He pointed at them one by one. The pair of dice had stopped. One showed a five, the other a six.

- Look here. I dare you.

Yoochun got interested, and arms crossed, he didn't move and listened, Jaejoong's  index still firm, threatening.

- I dare you. Get a pair of sixes.

- Or else? - wanted to know Changmin.

- Or else... - Jaejoong didn't want to end the night - Punishment.

- Hyung, you got nothing- now Junsu looked bored - Here. Look how easy it is.

He grabbed the dice and rolled them, one stopped at the center and the other rolled down the couch and stopped next to the TV. Yoochun moved a few steps aside, like a crab, still with his arms crossed, and looked down to the dice.

- Hyung, what do you got?- asked Changmin, grabbing the dice in front of him.

- Six.

Changmin laughed and clapped, delighted, making Jaejoong clueless. He looked at Yunho, wondering, and finally Changmin said:

- Six.

- Ah, really? - Jaejoong's face was priceless.

He looked back to Yoochun, and Yunho just giggled with a childish expression.

- Ahh, Jaejoongie!

- Payback time! - Yoochun kicked the dice back to the center of the rug, and sat back in his place, patting Junsu's back. Jaejoong still looked clueless.

- No, wait. This one was a trial!

- Aahhh, hyung! You're just a cheater! - jumped Junsu.

- Yeah, he is! Take responsibility, hyung! You started it - Changmin stated, with a serious

face. Then he shook Junsu's hand. This was going to be sweet revenge.

- Payback time!

- Payback time!

The boys started chanting while banging the floor, except for Jaejoong, of course.

- Payback time!

- Payback time!

- YAH!

- Payback time!

- Payback time!

- YAH! Stop it!

Yoochun jumped with a good idea: - You'll have to be Junsu's pet! - and Changmin clapped, shaking his head in agreement. He highed five his hyung.

Jaejoong crossed his forearms, building a "X" - I pass - and laughed at his trolling of poor Junsu.

Changmin got excited over the idea- Oooh, no, no, hyung, - he said, talking to Junsu - let him be my servant - with pleading eyes - hyung! Let him be my servant!

Junsu smiled at Changmin. Sometimes the maknae could be so cute. He looked totally like a child waiting for his favorite candy.

- I'll tell you what, hyung - he looked at Jaejoong - I'll let you have the chance to revert things. If Changminnie gets a pair of sixes, you do as he says. If you win-

- But then Changmin would get the penalty - interrumpted Jaejoong.

- I'm in - simply said Changmin, very cool with it.

 

Jaejoong got excited.

 

- Okay. You know, right? - he asked the youngest, drinking a bit.

- I'm confident i won't lose.

Someone chuckled, as Changmin grabbed the dice. - You'll have to do it - he said, making it very cear.

- I'm a man. I keep my word.

Yoochun chuckled - You've been cheating all night! Jaejoong- hyung needs to get his facts straight! - laughed while trying to get them to agree with him.

Yunho patted Jaejoong's shoulder giving him his support.

The leader grabbed the dice and giggling, handed them to Changmin. He didn't gave his hyungs the time to troll him, or pressure him. He rolled the dice right away, but with such strenght that the dice flew in unknown directions.

- That excited are you?!! - Junsu cracked up and rolled off the floor.

- Aaahhh! GET THE DICE!! - yelled Changmin, and screaming, and jumping, everyone begun to look for them, hearing them rolling under the furniture.

- Ah! I got one! - yelled Yunho next to the window.

- Don't move it! - Changmin and Jaejoong fought at the living room's door to get in first. Changmin's power won, leaving Jaejoong on the floor, and seconds later the youngest was celebrating his first six.

- I found the other! - yelled Jaejoong from the floor, where he was laid, pointing at the couch - it's under- !

- Don't move it! - Changmin dashed and together with Yoochun, lifted the couch and moved it aside. Everyone gathered to watch.

 

There was a four.

 

Jaejoong's celebration was louder, and Junsu couldn't help but crack up. Yoochun could supress his laughter this time and patted the makne's back as Jaejoong jumped to have Yunho give him a piggy ride and make the victory march through all of the house screaming "Woohooo!"

After all the fuss, they sat in the rug again. The cruel dice were stating Changmin's loss. A six and a four.

Jaejoong clapped only once and exploded into loud laughter.

- Noooo... - Changmin hid his face behind his hands and laid back. He rolled away from the circle, in the center of the living room. - Noooo.... -

Jaejoong pointed to the ceiling. - Punishment!

- Something he really hates - added Yoochun. The oldest one nodded.

- Think straight. What does he like the most? - asked Jaejoong to his best friend.

- Eating. Watch TV? A girlfriend! Watching pretty women. Dating a girl. Ah!  -  he snapped his fingers, victorious - Kissing a girl!

 

That had been easy. Good thing Yoochun's train of thoughts was so simple.

 

Ah! - JJ's claps again- Kissing a guy! Choose! - Jaejoong extended his hand as if showing a world of possibilities. - No, wait. Just kiss Junsu! - Jaejoong’s loud laughing filled the room.

Yoochun cracked up.

The two boys, Changmin and Junsu, looked at each other.

- Tche - blurted out Changmin.

- You're not a man?

- How is this being a man? Rather, completely the opposite. - Changmin was getting mad. Jaejoong could drive him crazy at times.

- You're not a man?

- Jaejoongie… - warned Yunho.

Trying to calm things a bit, Yoochun interrupted:

- Take it as acting. You want to act in the future, right, Changmin-ah? - he said, finishing his beer.

- Tche - he felt surrounded by traitors.

Junsu was flustered, at least. He moved, awkward, in his place and hissed.

- Why nobody asks me if I wanna do it?

Nobody replied and with his hand, Jaejoong invited Changmin to proceed. He had a serious look on his face.

- Just do it. It’ll be a little touch of your lips with Junsu’s. - Yoochun tried to sound practical but ended up laughing at the poor encouragement, he muffled himself.

Changmin looked at Junsu, with determination.

- Wait, nobody has asked-

The youngest boy just grabbed Junsu’s protesting forearm and leaning forward, pulled his hyung close enough so that their lips met.

Yoochun had to use both hands to muffle his laughter and rolled aside, unable to bare the sight. Jaejoong, in the other hand, clapped, delighted with Changmin’s willpower. Then he felt a little embarrassed for asking such a thing from the youngest. He patted Yunho’s leg, who was screening his eyes, as if he was ashamed, but he’d take a peek between his fingers.

- Guah!  He tastes awful! What the- ? - Changmin let go of Junsu’s arm and wiped his mouth.

- That's why I picked him! Ha- Ha- Ha- Ha- ! - his loud laughter exploded again, bouncing back and forth like a child.

- Ah, you can’t be more mischievous, Jaejoongie - said Yunho.

- Evil! He’s just evil, hyung! - blurted out Changmin as he got up and ran to the bathroom to wash his mouth. He had to jump over Yoochun, who couldn’t recover himself and was lost in a silent laughter.

 

Junsu seemed to be cool with it, and felt a bit offended by Changmin’s overreaction, and then he remembered as he touched his lips.

- Ah, right, I drank that thing - he smiled and finally it hit him - guah! I kissed Changmin!! - he revolved, laying face down on the floor and hid his face while making weird sounds.

- Waaaa! Let’s stick with it! That’ll be the punishment from now on! This is too much fun! -

Changmin got out of the bathroom washing his teeth, trying to talk. They didn’t get his ranting in the middle of the hallway. They heard them yelling from inside the bathroom:

- I’m never going to write this in my diary!

 

Then he joined his hyungs in the living room again. He picked up the dice and handed them to Yoochun.

- Hyung, show him.

Yoochun had finally recovered himself and was patting Junsu’s head gently, totally defeated by the world, he was bending forward, trying to hide his embarrassement. Yoochun his hair and patted him in the back repeatedly. He grabbed the dice and opened his eyes widely.

- Eh? Me?

- I dare you - said Jaejoong, crossing his arms, with an insolent face and attitude.

 

Yoochun didn't care that much if he lost. Having thought about this and agree with himself that the worst scenario was bearable, he just rolled the dice.

- Isn't it time to go to bed? - asked the leader, feeling a little bit uneasy.

The dice rolled down, crashed at Jaejoong's legs, rolled again and stopped at Junsu's feet. Yoochun got two sixes.

- Wwooooooooww!!! - Yoochun and Changmin's scream startled Junsu, who lifted up his head. Yunho clapped and trolled Jaejoong, who kicked the dice away. They got lost under the couch..

Changmin raised his arms, and Yoochun mimicked him screaming "wooohooo!" Yoochun pointed at Jaejoong and quicly said:

- You-kiss-Yunho-hyung! - both Changmin and Yoochun clapped and exploded in trolling laughter, and then Junsu followed.

- Payback time!

- Payback time!

- Payback time!

 

They were so loud, banging the floor, and chanting. Jaejoong became stiff the moment his friend said it. Yunho just smiled and leaned back shaking his head repeatedly. Seeing that they were no fun, Changmin got serious and leaned forward to stare only Jaejoong.

- You-are-not-a-man?

Jaejoong smiled shyly, having their 'payback time' chant as background music.

- Cut it out, will you? - he asked as he sneakily tried to look at Yunho, beside him.

- This just turned dangerous. - said Yunho, who giggled, his eyes narrowed as he gazed very quickly at Jaejoong, never showing if he was supporting his resistance or actually asking for permission to kiss him.

- Why didn't you say that on my behalf before, hyung? - Changmin felt a bit hurt.

Yunho pat Jaejoong's knee and the oldest boy had to turn his head to look at him. He managed to smile, as if he was apologizing. But Yunho talked first, gesturing with his hands.

- Well, we cou-

They heard noises in the main entrance and the door closing. His manager appeared in the living room's door, a little bit upset.

- What is this?

 

- Hyung! - Yunho and Junsu jumped together. Changmin checked his watch, wondering why he was there so late at night.

- I've received two calls from the neighbors complaining about loud noises coming from here. Why aren't you in bed yet?

- We were about to - said Yunho and he stood/got up right away.

- Don't worry, hyung. We were just playing. - Changmin followed the leader while Junsu stretched in his place. For a moment, the eyes of the youngest ones crossed and they smiled shyly at each other.

Leaning down his head, Junsu handed over an empty beer bottle from the floor, since Changmin was picking them up. He disappeared towards the kitchen. The manager was talking to Yunho in their way back to the main door.

- ....And I hope I don't have to come all the way here just to tell you, boys, to keep it low. Now behave and go to sleep. Rest now that you can.

 

The living room had been noisy a few minutes ago, but now it was so quiet and lonely. Yoochun was laid back in the floor, checking his cell-phone, Changmin and Yunho had disappeared, and Jaejoong was... lost in his world. Daydreaming again. He only came back to his senses when Yunho came back, and told everyone:

- Time to go to bed, I guess.

- Yeah, I'm tired - said Jaejoong, not too convincing. He got up and went to his bedroom. 

- I'm staying till late tonight, hyung. There's some albums I wanna check. - said Yoochun, without taking his eyes off his cell-phone.

- Yoochun-ah, you should rest properly from time to time. - the leader was worried for him.

- Will do, - replied Yoochun - eventually. - and smiled - Good night, hyung.

Yunho was waving at them.

- Good night. - said Junsu and got up, very lazy. Changmin stumbled with him, back from the kitchen and lost balance.

- Be careful, hyung. - he just grabbed him by the waist and round him, avoiding to step over Yoochun, who was blocking the way.

- Manager-hyung left already? - asked Changmin, looking everywhere. He stared at Junsu waiting for his reply.

- ...Eh? Yeah...

- Good night. - said Changmin then, bluntly, judging Junsu's attitude.

- G'night, Changmin-ah. - replied from the floor, Yoochun.

 

The night had become quiet suddenly. And lonely.

Only the sound of Yoochun typing remained.

- Junsu-yah, smile! - said with a cute voice and snapped a picture of him. Then kept typing and checking his messages. - I shoul've record your kiss with Changmin. It was epic.

- Ah, nah. I don't think I could look him in the face if I were to see that thing again. - he giggled at the thought.

- I'm even wondering if you'll be able to look him in the face tomorrow.

 

He got up, and turned off his cell-phone. He waved at Junsu briefly and got lost in the hallway, towards the studio.

Junsu sat in the couch and staring at some spot in the wall, sighed.