one

i'm sorry

 

 

They have been dating for two years now. Even before debut, they had always been this close. Jeongyeon was the only who can console her when she’s crying. The one who texted her everyday asking whether she already had lunch or dinner. The one who went out late at night just to buy her anything to eat for breakfast tomorrow. The one who makes her laugh and cheer her up when she feel worthless. If it wasn’t for her neither, Jeongyeon didn’t feel like she would survive being in this industry. Through up and down, they had each others back.


Because of the group's tight schedule, they don’t spend too much time together alone. Although they see each other almost 24/7, it’s just different when they were with other members.


Jeongyeon being Jeongyeon would show her affection towards others. Wrapping her arms around them, babying the maknaes, and caring for the other members as much as leader Jihyo would do. She’s not being jealous about it, well most of the time, but she tried to understand. Sometimes she too was too affectionate to the members.

 

When they get too touchy, or crossed the line with others, the couple ended up quarrelling or not talking for the rest of the day.

 

Meanwhile both of them are like cats and dogs when they were with other members. It’s just how they show their affection. But sometimes seeing your girlfriend having much fun with others instead of with you doesn’t really makes you feel good. She didn’t want to be the jealous or overprotective girlfriend but the thing is, Jeongyeon is too nice towards everyone. And that sometimes really didn’t make her feel any special.


Now that they have wrapped up their three nights opening concert, they were given some free time before their trip to japan. Some of the members plan to go back home, some plan to hibernate, and others plan to watch movies. Just like any other couple who had their free time, Jeongyeon and Nayeon plans to have a date.


That night, they plan on what to dos. Nayeon being the extra one, excitedly plans most of the day, while Jeongyeon just agree and adding few ideas here and there. It was just a simple one but both of them can’t wait it.


--


Jeongyeon knocks on Nayeon door, telling her to hurry up.

Checking her phone, Nayeon has taken almost 2 hours to get ready. Finally, the door creaks open revealing the well dressed black haired girl.

'Why must u take hours to just-- woah' looking up from her phone, her sentence was cut short.

Satisfied with the reaction, '--to make your jaw drop' Nayeon proudly says, continuing the sentence.

She was certainly not the type to put effort in her outfit, always being the one with just sweaters or white shirt paired with jeans. But this time around, her effort was truly shown.

'You look good,babe' Jeongyeon finally said.

Flipping her hair, 'good is an understatement' the shorter girl jokes.

Her girlfriend's confidence never fails to make Jeongyeon chuckled.


--

They were hand in hand, walking down the streets browsing through the street shops casually. They had just finished their lunch at Jeongyeon's fav restaurant. It was the place when they had their first date.

'You remember that time when you first asked me out?' Nayeon asked giggly.

She was busy on her phone not noticing what her girlfriend had just said. It was a few moments later that she realized the question thrown, 'yea what about it' she answered but didnt even looked up from her phone. There was something bugging her.

'You were cute though' Nayeon chuckled but didn’t received any response from her. She was too absorbed in her phone at the moment.

Annoyed by the lack of attention, she nudges Jeongyeon, 'hey who are you chatting with huh'

'Sorry babe, wait a sec' she answered, still distracted. Nayeon nods understandingly and avert her attention to the shops instead. She just realized it has been a while since she went on shopping.

They continued strolling while Jeongyeon was still on her phone,settling whatever problem she had at the moment. Suddenly she stopped, tugging Nayeon from behind. 'Hey, I don’t wanna be a jerk and call off this date but Mina really needs our help right now'

It turns out mina had a minor car accident, she just dented a stranger's car real bad. She wanted to practice driving after she just had her license but it went bad. Now that she had to report to the police station, she asked for Jeongyeon's company since she wasn’t too familiar with the country's policy.

She explained it carefully to her. She knew Nayeon wouldn’t be happy to hear this, I mean who would though? But being a soft hearted person she is, she just couldn’t help to pity mina who needs her favour right now. She knew Mina was probably panicking over the matter. 'I'll send you home first' she continued.

Nayeon stayed quiet for a moment. She released her hand from Jeongyeon's. She was boiling mad cause she was super excited for this date only to be called off. She felt like a fool. 'Just.. do whatever you want' she said coldly.

'If you don’t like it, I won’t go' she said hesitantly, noticing the sudden change of Nayeon's mood. She started giving her cold shoulder.

'Babe-' just when she wanted to talk into her sulky girlfriend, her words were cut off by her ringtone. She answered her phone while eyeing the shorter girl whose gaze might bore right through her. 'hey hey don’t panic, i’ll be there in a while'. She cut off the call short.

She tried persuading Nayeon. She too felt so bad about this, but there’s really nothing she could do. 'I'll send you home first,okay?', she asked silently.

'Just go, I don’t care' Nayeon said coldly and walked away, entering a store filled with branded clothes. She looked around looking for items to buy, not bothering to look at Jeongyeon anymore.

She was left dumbfounded by Nayeon, feeling guilty as hell. Her phone vibrates and a message came in

-text me when you’ve arrived-

She takes a second look at her girlfriend now, who's trying her best to avoid her. She reluctantly left knowing there’s no chance she could talk into her.

___

'You were on a date?!!' Mina asked on their way back to the dorm. Jeongyeon was driving now to avoid any more accidents. She told her what happened before with Nayeon.

'Yea,its been too long u know' she answered.

'oi then why did you agree to come here?' Mina replied, confused.

'cause you sound so scared?'

'But you were on a date yoo jeongyeon!' Mina answered.

She didn't know what to say.

'Now I feel bad' Mina said nervously.

'It wasn’t your fault though, you didn't know'

'Why didn't you tell me?!' Mina said frustrated by her 'i should've just asked our manager to come you know' she sighed, feeling regretful that she had asked for Jeongyeon instead.

'Help me though. What should I do now?' she asked anxiously.

'Buy her something' Mina suggested, 'but i don’t know, you should know her better'

The older girl kept quiet the rest of the ride. She probably felt like the worst girlfriend in the world.

'Jeongyeon' mina quietly said, 'thank you for helping me and I know you're nice to everyone but you should treat her better u know.she's your girlfriend,dude'

--

She dropped off mina first before going out again to buy something for nayeon.

---

Nayeon was sitting in the living room with Jihyo and Mina. They were chatting about their day and showing their concern towards Mina's little accident.

She wasn't mad at Mina, she knew that Mina just needs help and its not really her fault. Its just that she's disappointed in Jeongyeon for not putting her first before anyone else.

She could've just asked her to accompany her to mina's but instead she was told to go home first. Like she wasn't even important.

As if Jeongyeon doesn't even want to spend time with her.

Her trance of thought broke off by the sound of the door unlocking. The door opened slowly revealing tired Jeongyeon, drenched from the rain outside. Her hands was full holding a rabbit plushie on her right and a bag of plastic on her left.

'Where have you been?' Jihyo asked.

'To the market' she answered. She looked at Nayeon trying to make eye contact but she has been ignored since. 'I bought you your fav food. It was-'

Her sentence was cut short when Nayeon abruptly left and went straight to her room, shutting the door loudly.

She sighed. The other two just sit there minding their own business, trying to ease the awkwardness in the room.

She settled the food in the dining table, ' I bought you guys some too' telling the two girls and went straight to Nayeon's room.

She knocked on her door, before entering with heavy steps. Nayeon was lying in the bed, playing with her phone. She sat on the bed next to her.

 

‘hey im sorry’ she touched Nayeon’s arm gently but the latter quickly pulled her hand away.

 

Again, she was ignored. How could silence be this loud?

 

‘Do you not want me there?’ she replied quietly.

 

Jeongyeon was taken aback by the question. If she could spend the rest of her life with Nayeon, she definitely would.

 

When Nayeon was mad, she would avoid her all she can. She surely is hard headed.But hearing her reply, Jeongyeon knew she was beyond mad, she was hurt by her action. And that seriously makes her feel worse.

 

‘Do I have to be only your friend for you to care?’ Nayeon continued.

 

‘Of course not! I care for you more than anyone else, more than anything.’ she answered. ‘ I didn't want to bring you cause it's hot out there and the process would be long,and I don't want you to be waiting uncomfortably. I knew how u hate being sweaty in your best outfit’

 

‘As if i'm a brat’ nayeon replied, rolling her eyes. ‘all I wanted was to spend time with you, i don’t care where the place is or what the occasion is.but I guess the feelings not mutual then’

 

Jeongyeon just sits quietly, not wanting to add fuel to the fire.

 

‘im sorry’ she mumbled.

 

‘Leave me alone, please?’ nayeon replied, tired of fighting.

 

She knew there's nothing she could do to please nayeon when she's mad. So she puts the rabbit plushie, that she's been holding since, on Nayeon's side. Pulling the blanket over it and nayeon.

 

Nayeon just glare at her.

 

---

 

Soon after Jeongyeon left the room, she immediately regrets pushing her away. She got a point though, she really hates being in a hot place and sweaty. But she was hurt that she was dumped on their date

Why must she be that selfless sometimes? Why can't she put even herself first before anyone?

 

She remembered that one time when Jeongyeon had a fever but still took her from the airport. She never mentioned about the fever until nayeon wanted to kiss her that she realized her body was burning hot.

Or when Jeongyeon spend her last 20 bucks to buy her a present when she passed her test during trainee days.

‘what you gonna eat then?’

‘its okay, gotta lose some weight they said’

 


And why must she be that cute while giving her the plushie just now. Her pout when she pulled the blanket over. And the adorable rabbit plushie. She sighed, she can never resist yoo jeongyeon.
 

---

 

Jeongyeon was lying on the bed, with head under her palm as she stared at the ceiling. The room was dark with only stray of dim light coming through from the window.

 

The bed feels so big on her own. Momo was having sleepover at one of the member’s house. She screwed up and felt extra lonely today.

 

Why did she left nayeon alone? She should've just asked her to come too,although she knew the answer already. Why cant she just ask the manager to help mina? She sighed, she clearly didn't think of that earlier in the day. She blamed her stupid mind for not suggesting the idea at the right time.

 

She was deep in thought until she heard soft knocks on the door. The one that had been in her mind all day long slowly came in and heading towards her bed.

 

She was surprised when nayeon quietly crept onto her bed and into her arms. ‘babe?’ she carefully muttered.

 

‘i'm still not talking to you’ nayeon said bluntly. She buried her face on the crook of jeongyeon’s neck, finding warmth.

 

They lied in that position for a while. Finding comfort and feeling secured with each other’s company.

 

Though the day didn't go well for both of them, they still can’t live without each other.

 

‘I miss you’ Jeongyeon finally said, wrapping her other arm on Nayeon’s waist.

 

‘i know, me too’ she murmured on her girlfriend’s neck.

 

Jeongyeon yelps suddenly as she felt a jolt of pain on her stomach. Nayeon pinched it twice before saying ‘thats what you get for leaving me’

 

She just chuckled and tighten her embrace. They had missed each other so much to be fighting for so long.