prologue

missing you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for as long as nayeon could remember momo has been the most important person in her life. from their first meeting to this very day, they have been inseparable.

 

nayeon has always been stubborn, so allowing herself to fall in love was no different. by the age of twelve, she knew the love she had for momo was more than that of best friends and in the months to follow, more than a crush. she’d been lying if she said she didn’t think momo was the one. but instead of telling her, she did as she always does, denies everything to momo, their friends, especially herself. she chocked it up to momo deserving better. little did she know momo loved her back. 

 

the way her arms wrap around momo like they are meant to be there. the way momo smile warms her whole body just at the sight of it. but, she isn’t good enough for her. that’s what she keeps telling herself. momo is going to find someone better. someone who will never hurt her. as much as nayeon thinks she can avoid it, she’s gonna hurt her. no one cares for momo as much as she does, but it won’t stop her from ing it all up. 

 

“what’s going on with you and momo?” jeongyeon asks, leaning against the wall beside her. the blonde has been on her case for weeks about this, despite receiving the same answer. 

 

“nothing.” nayeon lies.  

 

“im nayeon, i swear to god if you break her heart, i will kill you.” the threat is rather empty, but she knows she’ll never hear the end of it if she does. 

 

“i’m not going to.” she says. she can tell that jeongyeon doesn’t believe her, but breaking momo’s heart is the last thing she could imagine doing. 

 

i love her, jeong. my biggest fear is hurting her. her mind repeats the mantra. 

 

“fine, but don’t give into your self destructive habits because everyone is going to tell you it’s your fault that she’s gone. you love her don’t you?” jeongyeon presses, hoping to finally get an answer out of her. 

“of course I do.”

“so, here’s an idea,” she pauses. nayeon knows it’s for the effect. “tell her. as much as you would hate to admit it, we both know that you’ll be a mess without her.”

 

“okay, I resent that.”

 

“fine, but she really is your better half. we’ve all seen how happy she makes you. look at jihyo, mina was seconds from slipping through her fingers and now she’s so happy. don’t lose momo.”

 

as jeongyeon leaves, all nayeon can think about is their conversation. what’s the worse thing that could happen if she tell momo how she feels? she’ll say she doesn’t feel the same, which would be hard to get pass, but she could do it? that thought poses more of a question than an answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter