Chapter 7:

Count on me?

They had definitely grown closer and enjoyed being in each other’s company no matter when or where. Jongin would always wait for Tae after classes and at lunch breaks and accompanied him to his classes. Honestly everytime Tae would crack up at yet one of his joke, Jongin’s heart would lighten at the sight of it. Though they were practically in the same class Jongin wished to protect Tae always. They remained best friends for years throughout middle school and finally high school, their bond unshakable ; growing only stronger with time.It was through Jongin that Taemin had realised his passion for dance. He felt he could express himself so much better through dance. Jongin and he had practically participated and won many of their middleschool and highschool dance competitions and though Taemin was still the shy kid he was always more than happy to dance with Jongin.He could feel his body moving naturally to the rhythm and it always made him feel like a different person on stage. Dance was something that connected their souls. Anyone who saw them dance could feel the passion and innate talent through their smooth moves that seemed to come so naturally to them. They had shared their schoollife together and Taemin had always thanked God for Jongin had always been there for him, supported him, praised him and above all understood him. He could confide in Jongin without being afraid of being judged. He was the only one before whom Taemin had laid all his insecurities and being well aware of Taemin’s past, Jongin never once questioned further or pressurized him.He only tried to comfort him and promised to be there for him. After his brother , Jongin was the only other person he would give up everything for. Things had been peaceful and although he saw less of his brother , he was always told it was his work that kept him busy.He felt guilty that his brother had to work so hard to support them.He would always get him anything he wanted. When Taemin had been keen on taking up Art and majoring in dance at the university level , he whole heartedly supported Tae. For all thoughout these years he had seen Taemin’s passion for dance and though he had seen him perform only few times , he had realised that it was Taemin’s favourite thing in the world, the only thing that could keep him grounded. And he had met Jongin quite a few times even if he didn’t have a conversation with him , he could feel how the two looked happy with each other.

.

.

.

“Taemin, I’m really sorry I..umm...I have to go..I know i promised that we would join together but my parents want me to go abroad ...Im really sorry ...I have to leave after two days ..i didn’t want to hurt you”

Taemin couldn’t really register anything after this. He could feel the tears twitching in his eyes and he could see Jongin frantically trying to explain himself for having hidden this news. He could feel his shoulders being shaken By Jongin but he felt too broke. He could never imagine a life without him! Jongin hugged him tighter and he couldn’t keep it in any longer. He sobbed and cried till Jongin finally managed to calm him down and got him to breathe.

“Are you alright?” Jongin asked obviously concerned for his best friend, tears threatening to escape him own eyes. Jongin mumbled something.

“Its because of my parents. I’m really sorry.I don’t lnow what I’ll do without you. I’ll miss you so much and...”

Jongin trailed off as Taemin finally spoke” Its alright. Lets make the most of the time we’re together.” He weakly smiled at him.