chapter 1

A portrait of us

A portrait of us

 

Yongguk felt an urgent, desperate need to keep her close.

The days as they went, calm, anxious, good, bad, just made it more clear for him.

In her eyes he saw a better himself. In his eyes she was a reason to try.

 

Sometime when she wasn´t looking, when his arms were securely around her waist and her smile shone. His gaze would turn somber.

He can´t lose her.

 

They danced together. He was supposed to be writing lyrics. The stress making him skittish and holying up in his room, the shadows a welcome friends. She dragged him out into the sun. Played some ridiculous song and made him sway with her to the rythm.

And suddenly the words flowed like the blood rushing in her veins, the rythm of new melody copying the thump-thump of her heart-beat thrumming through their connected hands.

 

In their mad-like dance, through their child-like joy, they pushed over a vase of flowers.

The blossoms rolling over the ground. And Yongguk saw a horrible vision. She was like the flowers, fragile, beautiful and gone if he wasn´t carefull enough.

He can´t lose her.

 

The vision was gone as soon as it came. Instead of it a dear face was gazing up at him. She kneeled down to pick the scattered blossoms. A knowing look in her eyes. ´I know and I won´t´ her eyes were saying. Yongguk smiled sheepishly, caught and bent down to help clean up.

 

Of course she knew.They were the same in some aspects. They were each other´s weakness and each other´s greatest strenght. Mirroring the good and the bad, they painted a picture of themselves where one was the same as the other, but also different.

 

What do you cal lit, when you are so close to someone, you eventually become one? Yongguk thought the word Love wans´t enough to encompasse the entirety of the emotions that swirled inside him.

The flowers put back into the vase, she smirked at their mutual clumsiness.

And Yongguk knew.

What different name to put on this picture than You and Me.