just a nightmare

just a nightmare
Please log in to read the full chapter

     

         "Eunbi..." Yewon softly calls out. She places her hand on the doorknob as she gently opens it as light seeps further into the dark room.

She pauses just for a few seconds to scan the room with squinted eyes to look for her lover's figure only to hear a soft, quiet sniffle — almost too little to hear at all. 

"Eunbi-ah? Are you there?" She tries again to confirm that she was indeed inside the room and it wasn't actually a ghost or something or someone else.

Although barely seeing anything other than where the light had shone from the gap, she slowly slips in through the space and closed the door. Looking over where the light switch was, she debated whether to turn on the lights but somehow she had a feeling that she shouldn't.

Turning her attention elsewhere, she manages to catch sight of a figure on the bed underneath the blanket. She walks towards the bed, placing a hand on the figure's shoulder. She felt her girlfriend stiffen at the touch. 

The other girl had let out a hitch in her breath as she quickly shot upright with her back facing Yewon before turning around seconds after with barely opened eyes, only that they were slightly puffy and red.


Yewon sent her a worried look as she sat down at the edge of the bed. "Eunbi-ah, gwaenchana? What's wrong?"

The older girl stays still for a few seconds before turning to face her girlfriend. SinB shook her head immediately looking anywhere else but those concerned eyes, rubbing hers to try to make it look like she had just woken up from a nap.

"No? I'm fine. Is something wrong?" Eunbi replies in a low and hoarse voice, far from her usual playfulness.

"You're crying." The younger of the two cups the older's cheek, her thumb softly carressing the moist skin. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Eunbi's eyes move down, looking at the crumpled sheets in her grip. Yewon watches her girlfriend, patiently waiting until the older was ready to talk about it.

Minutes pass before the older girl speaks up albeit muttering.

"I...of...you." The usually confident and outspoken girl mumbles, feeling the corner of her eyes sting as tears started to form once again. Noticing this, Yewon hums softly as if asking as she gently tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Eunbi gulps before speaking a bit louder enough for the other to hear.

"I dreamed...of you leaving me...because I did something to hurt you..." As soon as those words fell from , tears starting to spill. The quiet room was filled with the older's sob and the repetition of apologies.

Yewon lets out a small sigh before embracing the crying girl who immediately holds onto her, wrapping her arms around

Please log in to read the full chapter