004

마지막 첫사랑 「 My First and Last.」

“W—what did you just say?” Renjun’s blinked his eyes half-hoping that maybe, he was still half-dreaming. “Sit here? B....but why? Your place are next to Mark and why do you want to sit here? He asked; his voice was slow, but still could be heard. 

Chills feeling started creeping through him. What is he planning to do right now? Is he going to pulled a prank on me— like he always did? And now what? Sitting next to me? Renjun wondered; his mind whirling with questions. 

“Can you please raise your voice a little? Gosh. I could barely hear your voice. Jeno sighed, shook his head lightly.  This the reason why you always being left out. Stop mumbling under your breath. Be confident with your own voice. You’re making yourself look weak and being an easy target for bullies o—out there. Jeno stuttered at his last words, an awkward smiled formed on his lips.

“What the hell is wrong with you, Lee Jeno? Did you just talked about yourself? Oh my god, you're so dumb.” He shut his eyes for a brief second, realising his stupidity.

“A—and, oh! I'm sitting here because I heard you're good in drawing and I desperately need your help. I really at drawing and I really, really want to improve myself.”

“Oh.” Renjun replied.

“I—I promised I’ll be good to you. I will never make fun of you. I’ve changed for the better.” He awkwardly grinned, showing all his teeth.

“If you could stop talking nonsense, that would be great.” Renjun’s said flatly, his eyes focused on the book in his hands.

“W—what? I—”

“My day was going perfectly until you show yourself at here. Please go back to your seat and please stop bothering me.”

“Renjun–ah please...” Jeno begged.

“Leave.” He replied, his tone firm.

“Renjun–ah... please give me a chance to show you how much I have changed. I know, I made a huge mistake in the past but please. Give me a chance to prove you that I'm not the same person I used to be. I've changed. I know it's hard to believe, but trust me.”

Renjun shrugged not really knowing what to say. People always make mistakes and those mistakes deserve to be forgiven. But, he wasn't sure if he could forgive Jeno and his immature acts towards him. 

He knew that everyone deserves a second chance, but a second chance should be given without any heaviness in the heart. It's something that should come from you effortlessly. No doubts. No hesitance.

But....

He looks like— he's already changed and done with playing his games. He looks like he's ready to takes full responsibility for hurting him and sounds like honestly regrets with what he’s done in the past. Maybe he really deserves a second chance–? Renjun thought to himself. Ah, he didn't know.

“Injun-ah. I really, really want to fix things between– us. I would do anything for you to make you trust me that I've changed.” 

“Please, please forgive me.” Jeno begged, exasperated.

He stayed silent, don't know what to say.

Jeno sighed. He knew it. He knew that Renjun will never forgive him. Of course, who would forgive someone who's hurting you for so long? 

“I—It’s okay, if you couldn't forgive me for now...” He took a deep breath and slowly nodded his head. “I understand. If I were you, I wouldn't forgive myself either.” Jeno slowly rose up out of his chair. “I’m truly sorry...” He paused before continuing his words “— for hurting you.”

“You give up on things that you want way too easily.” He finally spoke, breaking the awkward atmosphere between him and Jeno.

Jeno froze at the sound of Renjun voice for a brief second before he spoke in a softer tone; his voice was so clear and calm. “I don't give up on things that I want easily. I just want to give you some space to think and I don't want to put any pressure on you.” 

Renjun looked up at the male’s face standing at the edges of the desk, stunned for a few moments. He never paid attention to his face this close before. He was— absurdly handsome and seems so unreal. And his eyes. He had a beautiful eyes; a soft hazelnut color tainted rich with flecks of brown. Why he hadn't noticed that before?

“Hurm, Renjun. Eer, why are you staring at me like that?” Jeno asked, cocked his head to the side slightly. 

“Stare at him? Wait, what?—” He quickly shake himself to get back to the conversation. “N—no, I didn't.” He stammered, looked away awkwardly. 

“Oo—okay? I'll go back to my seat then? Take your time, alright? No pressure.” Jeno flashed an awkward smile.

Renjun rolled his eyes with arms crossed against his chest. “Hm. Go away, who the hell cares?” He muttered.

“I'll go back to my seat. Ooookay?” Jeno said, for the second time. Hoping that Renjun would stop him from leaving.

Renjun merely nodded once. 

And as Jeno expected. He will only nodded his head.

“Hoi.”

“Hoi,  Lee Jeno.”

Jeno froze, hesitated. He wasn't sure if he should turning back or— not. 

“Lee Jeno.”

“Lee Jeno!”

Renjun called his name again, but this time. Jeno turned around to look at the owner of the voice that has been calling out his name a couple of times.

“I will forgive you. I forgive you for all of the hurt you have caused me. I know what you did was wrong and I do not deserve the way you treated me, but yes. I will forgive you.” Renjun said. 

Jeno widened his eyes in disbelief; A smile crept up on his face. “R—really?” He stammered.

“Yes! But— with one condition.” Renjun replied with arms crossed against his chest.

“W—what is it? Just tell me, I will do anything for you, Huang Renjun. I won't disappoint you, I'll do everything to make you happy, I—” 

“Shush, shush.”

Jeno stopped. His words got cut off.

“Be my lackey.” Renjun smirked, with head tilted to side slightly.

“Whaaaaat?!!”