there's a whole lot of middle but i just wanna skip to the end

You Look Good In Every Color

Sana is leaning back in bed.  Not her bed (maybe her bed?)  To the right -instead of the terrible gray walls she covered with 2PM posters and polaroids, there's a two foot window.  It overlooks a not so pleasant part of the city, but from this height the view isn't terrible.  When the sun is setting (as it's doing right now) the view is kind of peaceful and nice.  Everything looks so far away it could've been painted.  Sana likes the feeling of it.

But of course sitting still hasn't been her strong suit.  She's bored, and she digs under the covers for her phone which she swore she wouldn't look at until Momo came back.  It was only gonna be a minute.

"Caught you."

Sana smiled, not even flinching, as she lowered her phone back down.  She waited until Momo was in bed, waited until Momo -annoyed by Sana's lack of attention- ducked her head down to find Sana's lips.  She kissed her until Sana was facing her properly, nodding into the next few, smiling and humming happily.

"You couldn't wait 30 seconds."  Momo's eyes are closed, breath merely a whisper, and Sana feels a thrill shoot up her spine.  (They've been together for months now, nearly a year if you count all the months they were practically dating just without all the .)

"30 seconds without you is like an eternity."

Sana feels Momo press her lips together, considering.

Instead of dragging her for the cheesy comment, she presses one last kiss to Sana's lips, then sits back up, reaching for the bowl of chips she went to get 30 seconds ago.

"So do I have to start from the beginning?"  Sana readjusts the blankets around her, makes room for Momo to lean on her shoulder again like before.  They were in the middle of searching for a new series to binge, and Momo took this as an opportunity to finally get Sana into Goblin.  Of course no afternoon binge was complete without snacks, so she got up to get salt and vinegar chips, promising she'd be back in record time.  Sana had to joke that it felt like forever since she returned.

Truthfully -she thought, glancing at the top of Momo's head as Momo explained the plot and how paying attention to certain details is absolutely essential, that her whole world had been thrown a little off-kilter since meeting Momo.  And so far the only way things made sense was when Momo was with her.  She could be concerned about it, or-

"-hey are you paying attention?"

"yes."

"no you're not, I can feel your head moving.  you're looking at my head or something.  what is there something in my hair?"

sana pressed a kiss to the top of momo's head.  "no."

Momo sighed. 

"I'm paying attention now, I promise."

Momo pressed play without saying another word, and Sana forced herself to catch at least half of what was going on.  She would have Momo fill her in on the rest later.  IT would be funny to see her signature eyeroll, exasperated sigh.  Even more funny to watch her struggle through explaining the plot, jumping between points out of order because explaining things was never her strong suit.

"I know you're probably having mushy thoughts or whatever, but can you please at least watch like 10 minutes of it?"

"I'm watching," Sana swore.

Momo pinched her thigh and Sana yelped, then giggled, pulling Momo closer into her embrace.  "I'm just trying to annoy you."

"Yeah well it's working."

"Yeah I'm super good at it."

Momo paused the video.  "Do you just wanna watch it some other time?"

She sits up slightly, looks Sana in the eye.

Sana shakes her head.  She leans in to kiss Momo once -twice- then sits back again properly.  "I'm good now."

Momo shakes her head, but there's a hint of a smile hidden behind her annoyed expression.  She cuddles into Sana again, starts the video, mumbles something about Sana being a sap.

They watch in silence for a few minutes.  Then Sana yawns.  She tries to do it quietly, honestly feeling guilty for being so distracted.  She wanted ot watch the show, it's just the sunset had kind of lulled her into a trance.  It's hard to break the spell of sleep once it's been cast.

"Would you be mad if I fell asleep?"

"No," Momo replies almost instantly. "I'm falling asleep too."

"I really want to watch this show with you, though."

Momo yawns right after Sana, turning her head into her shoulder.  "We've got time."

Another thrill.

"Okay."  Sana's lips are resting against Momo's forehead, like a permanent kiss.  "Love you," she whispers into Momo's hairline.

"Mm-hmm."

Her eyes are closed, body heavy with sleep, but she still manages to aim a pretty strong kick to Momo's calf.

"ow -- love you too."

Sana smiles.  Momo could never be what she expected, because she had no clue what she wanted.  for a long time her heart just seemed to wander between friends and flings and then one day it stopped, it stopped beating for everybody that wasn't Momo.  And Momo isn't exactly the romantic type. and most of the time Sana has to force them to go on proper dates and she always asks Momo for a kiss because Momo is less prone to giving them spontaneously.

(but then Momo also remembers all of Sana's appointments, and massages her when she's tired, and carries her things even when she already has stuff to carry.  and when Sana is extra sleepy and too tired to ask Momo will kiss her.  a lot, behind her ear, and say all the things she normally doesn't say because she gets shy like that, even though they've seen each other .)

the sunset fills the room with warmth, the last few tendrils peeking in through the glass before darkness covers the whole city. they're asleep by the time the moon is up, momo cuddled safely up in sana's arms, sana smiling into momo's hair.  they have forever, for sana to find new things to love, for momo to find new ways to appreciate sana's love.  they have all the time in the world