Jongin and his emotions

Art All Around

 

The vast range of emotions you could express just by dancing was the same with art, Jongin used to say. And he found it fascinating how one could replicate and relive the emotions felt by the creator by simply observing the art. Whether it be with dancing or in paintings.

 

With just the help of body language on stage, or the of a brush, one is able to express emotions so immense, so unfathomable, that by simply watching, one can absorb the feelings that the creator felt in the very moment of creation. Such emotions, ranging from passion to hopelessness, can all be found within the movements of a skilled dancer. Likewise in the of a skilled painter.

 

Jongin also knew that, when observed, art allowed for free interpretation, and judged nobody who interpreted it differently. That’s why he wanted to be a great dancer: to convey emotions, and let other people interpret it however they wanted. 

 

For he was not a boy with a narrow range of emotions. No, quite the contary. He felt love, he felt pain, he felt passion, and he felt vain. Sometimes, he even wished to feel other emotions than the current, and he would put on a song to get in the mood and then he would dance until he was content with his emotions and his conveyance of them.

 

One could say his biggest, most sought after emotion was contentment. And his most feared emotion was, rather than fear, discontent. Not feeling content with his work, with his dancing, would mean a halt in his world and what he stood for: the free expression of the mind.

 

In short, Jongin was a passionate dancer and a vivid explorer of emotions. Not one to shy away from new experiences to simply feel.