A Day (Chapter 10)

Winter, go away !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hayoungie?” Bomi called, when the kid did not even bother to hide her tears after Namjoo and Chorong left the room. “Why are you crying?”

 

Eunji and Bomi exchanged confused glances with each other.

 

Naeun went over to her maknae and pulled her into arms. “I think she’s just taken aback”, Naeun said to her older sisters.

 

Hayoung nodded, proving that Naeun was right. After all, she had never seen Namjoo raised her voice at her sisters. Usually, Namjoo always act like a mature person despite being the second youngest. Even Chorong once said that Namjoo listens well to her and had always been the good kid among all of them.

 

“I’m sorry guys, if I didn’t , this wouldn’t have happened”, said Bomi in a guilty tone.

 

“Me too. I…” Eunji took another breath, before continuing her words. “I don’t know what to say. I’m just. I’m sorry”

 


“I’m sure she wasn’t mad because of the teasing. You know Namjoo, she’s not the type to get easily shaken up by little things like this. Maybe it just… I don’t know, school, maybe? Hormones?”, Naeun tried to not to get anyone to blame themselves. “Hayoung-ah, it’s okay. Don’t cry. Namjoo and Chorong unnie will be back in any moment. You don’t want them to see your wet eyes, right?”

 

The youngest nodded. She let go of Naeun’s embrace and tried to wipe her tears with her sleeves. She accidentally pulled her hands with quite large amount of force; she forgot about the IV drip on the back of her hand. Due to her recklessness, the IV drip stand fell down causing the catheter to snap off of her hand.

 

Shocked by the sudden incident, Bomi, Eunji, and Naeun shouted. Hayoung let out a scream of pain as red thick liquid flow out through her opened vein. Naeun quickly get off from the bed and tugged the blanket to put a pressure on Hayoung’s hand with it. Bomi hugged and hid Hayoung’s head in her chest to avoid the poor kid from looking at the literally ‘bloody’ sight.

 

Meanwhile, Eunji ran outside to call for help where she bumped with her sisters who were on their way back to the ward. “Eunji, why the rush?” asked Chorong. “Hayoungie!” Eunji replied, while still running towards the counter, not facing those two girls.

 

Chorong and Namjoo did not exactly understood what happened, but their feet made them ran as fast they could towards Hayoung’s ward by nature. Eunji’s voice tone and her facial expression were enough of an explanation to both Namjoo and Chorong.

 

Chorong asked what happened as she slides open the door. Neither Naeun nor Bomi answered her question. Bomi was busy comforting Hayoung whilst Naeun kept on putting a pressure on the youngest’s hand, she heard Chorong but was hoping that Bomi would answer it. Hayoung’s wailing was getting louder. Namjoo and the leader walked closer to them and understood what happened when they saw the IV drip stand was lying on the floor. The white bed sheet and blanket was splattered with blood. A bit of Hayoung’s sleeve around the wrist area too was stained.

 

Chorong gasped, “Oh god! How did this happen??? Hayoung-ah, are you okay? What happened? Naeun-ah? Bbom-ah?”

 

“It was so sudden. I don’t know, unnie”, Bomi answered honestly. When she turned her head to look at Hayoung, the IV drip stand was already about to hit the ground.

 

“The nurses are here!” Eunji shouted. She holds the door to let the nurses in.

 

Naeun moved away to let the nurses do their respective job. One of the nurse grabbed Hayoung’s hand and as expected, the youngest once again yelled hysterically. Hayoung did not pull her hand away, though. The pain was probably the reason. Bomi kept Hayoung in her arms. The other girls did not say anything much, except words to calm Hayoung’s down as they were afraid that they might disturbed the nurses’ concentration.

 

Although Hayoung was screaming, the nurses look quite okay with it. They are probably used to such situations. After all, it is their everyday work. They had to change the IV infusion to a different site which is on her forearm. “It will hurt more if you harden yourself, Miss”, said one of the nurses.

 

“It’s okay, relax your muscle, Hayoung-ah”, Chorong went closer to Hayoung and patted her shoulder.

 

Soon, the treatment finished. Before leaving, the nurses reminded them to feed Hayoung her medicines. The pills were left untouched on the overbed table after they had a little unexpected situation occurred a while ago.

 

“There, there… Stop crying. You are fine now. Open your eyes, maknae”, said Bomi whilst wiping Hayoung’s cold sweat on her forehead.

 

“It hurts so much, unnie” she sobbed.

 

“I’m sure it is. I’m sorry I can’t do anything about it…”

 

“Here, drink some water, your voice sounds sore”, Eunji made her kid sister drink.

 

“Hand over the pills to me while you are at it, Eunji-yah”, Chorong extended her hand to take the meds from Eunji. She carefully shoved the pills one by one into Hayoung’s mouth. The latter complied well.

 

Bomi did a praiseworthy job in comforting her little sister. She made silly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter