Chapter Only One

The 2 Feelings in the Stomach

The silence in the room is filled with tension. If not confused, people are either part of the minority of the intelligent or just totally gave up on life. It’s hard to believe that everything on the piece of paper that’s right in front of their eyes was taught to them. Fill in the blanks, analogy and those connected questions that they neither know the answer to. It wouldn’t be exaggerated to say that this test is a work of Satan.

As if the exam wasn’t hard enough, Lucas is sensing a foreboding feeling in his stomach. He shifted in his seat in hopes of preventing a state of emergency that will put him in the worst situation ever. Wrong move.

His “prevention” ended up triggering the feeling he least likely wanted right now. He purposely ate a lot more than usual this morning because he was told that it would help his brain function better for the examination. Never did he think that his stomach would betray him like this. His agony continues to worsen in every minute that passed. His focus is completely lost on the paper.

 

I give up

 

He just wrote whatever came up first on his mind on the blank spaces left and went up to pass the paper and asked to go out. Thank God for his long legs that took him fast to the nearest toilet. He rushed to the first cubicle and sat to get things started. If he had the amount of focus he had right now a while ago, he would’ve had a chance of passing. He’s not in the classroom anymore but the tension is still the same. This natural process is no joke and requires presence of mind all through out. He let out a breath of relief that meant that the struggle is over. He reached out to grab the toilet paper, except, there’s none.

 

Crap

 

Out of all the cubicles, he had to go in this one. Even in the toilet, he is stressed and dumbfounded. This situation is even worse because he can’t just stand up and call it a day. It’s unlikely that someone will enter at this time because everyone’s busy with the tests. He pulled out his phone to get help from his friend.

 

hey

hey

hey

MORK LEE

CANADA

Answer me damn it

 

WTF Lucas my phone is on vibrate and I’m trying to think here

why are you even texting me? Stop it

 

I’m in the toilet there’s no toilet paper

HELP ME

 

What? Why now? I’m not yet done.

And I don’t plan on giving up like you probably did

 

YOU

CAN’T YOU SEE THE SITUATION IM IN???

HELP ME OUT HERE

                                         

                                                   Just wait. I’ll go there after I’m done

 

WHAT?

DO YOU EVEN HAVE THE BRAINCELLS TO DO THAT?

THAT WILL TAKE FOREVER

 

HOW DARE YOU

I hope the flush there doesn’t work

 

SKJSKJSKJDKSJS

YOU CALM DOWN NOW SATAN

HELP ME

PLEASE

MORKKKKKKK

YOUR HEARTLESS

 

*you’re

 

I’M GONNA KILL YOU

 

After mentally cursing his “friend”, Lucas just sat there for what feels like hours until he heard footsteps coming inside the restroom.

 

“Hey! Is someone there?” Lucas asked

“Umm yeah” a soft, unfamiliar voice replied. Lucas rejoiced internally and thanked all the names he could think of.

“OH MY GAH. pLEASE HELP ME” His voice unintentionally raised showing his desperation

“w-what?”

“this is a bit embarrassing but thingshappenedandigotintothecubicleandthere’snotoiletpapersocanyoupleasehandmesome”

“I’m sorry what?”

“I pooped and there’s no toilet paper please hand me some” He uttered almost inaudibly with the smallest voice he could make. He is greatly embarrassed and just hoped that the stranger understood what he said.

“Oh sure. Wait a sec” He heard the door from the next cubicle open and his eyes went down to the toilet paper that was slipped through the gap. He hurriedly grabbed it and did what needed to be done ages ago.

“Do you need anything else?” His savior inquired

“Nope. Thank you so much tho. You’re my savior and better than my friend that abandoned me in my crisis. That heartless person” He rambled on and on about his friend’s betrayal that made the person at the other side chuckle lightly. Not to exaggerate or anything but that was literally the cutest sound he’s ever heard.

“uwu”

“Did you say something?”

“No no no. It’s nothing” He threw the toilet paper in the garbage can and flushed the toilet. He finally went out the cubicle and went straight to the sink and opened the faucet to wash his hands.

“You’re done?” He looked up and saw an angel through the mirror.

 

Am I dead? Am I imagining this right now? Did Mark really abandoned me and I rotted in the toilet with my crap?

 

Lucas stared and studied the angel’s features. His soft brown hair that looks like the fluffiest thing ever. His doe-like eyes that he’d gladly stare at all day. His perfectly angled nose like it was sculpted using those math he doesn’t understand. His lips—God, his lips. All he wants to do is kiss it. This angel right here is what beauty looks like. It’s too much that is seems unreal. Scratch that. It is unreal that’s why he’s an angel. There’s no other explanation to this heavenly beauty that he’s seeing right now.

“Are you okay?”

“Are you an angel?”

“what”

“what”

 

Right now would be a good time to die. It was a good poop. Rest in feces.

 

“Umm the water. It’s running” Lucas revived himself and proceeded to wash his hands.

“I’m not an angel and I’m Jungwoo” Lucas turned off the faucet and wiped his hands. He now faced the slightly smaller than him boy.

“I’m sorry about that. I’m embarrassing” He covered his face with his hands

“Well nice to meet you embarrassing” Jungwoo offered his hand to the even more embarrassed cute boy in front of him. Yes, he’s cute but you didn’t hear that from him.

“NO—I meant. Ugh. I’m Lucas” He removed his hands from his face only to see the most beautiful smile he’s ever seen. He swears in his life that he could hear angels singing.

“You’re staring again” A laugh escaped Jungwoo’s mouth and that led Lucas to clutch his chest with an almost crying expression. Anymore of this attack and tears are going to fall from his eyes.

“Are you really okay? You look like you need another…” Jungwoo pointed to the cubicle. “there’s still some toilet paper left”

“oH my gosh no. I’m good. I’m not okay but I’m good”

“what?” That’s it. Lucas covered his mouth with his hand. This cute boy in front of him had the audacity to tilt his head with that cute confused expression on his face.

“Hey are you crying?!”

“You’re too cute you know that. Too cute” Lucas shakes his head as he cries his feelings out

“ah” Jungwoo felt the heat rising in his cheeks. He’s never had someone be so blunt about it. Much more cry about it. He grabbed the taller boy’s hand that’s covering his mouth and held on to it while he used his other hand to gently wipe the tears that doesn’t suit his handsome face. Yes, he’s also handsome and again you didn’t hear that from him.

He felt Lucas’ face warm up from his touch and his round eyes got even bigger in shock. Jungwoo smiled widely with the reaction he got and boldly cupped the other’s face with his hands.

“You’re too cute too you know that. Too cute”

 

Lucas felt a feeling in his stomach.

It’s weird but he definitely wouldn’t need any toilet paper on this one.