CHAPTER 1

WITH THE MOON

CHAPTER ONE

SOLAR’S POV

“Okay, that’s all for my class. I’ll see you all next meeting, I’m going to give some test pointers so be sure to come.” The professor said, all students who attended the class groaned as they didn’t want to see the dragon professor, apparently. I on the other hand, nodded even though the professor won’t see it. I proceeded to gather my things and was getting ready to go out of the room but the professor called me. “Miss Celestia?” I turned to see my professor in English literature. “Yes?” I politely responded. “I noticed that you haven’t turned in your list for the groupings in the project I gave last time” I thought of what my professor said, when I finally remembered what he was talking about. I pulled a piece of paper from my bag and gave it to my professor. “I’m sorry that I turned it in late sir” he smiled and took the piece of paper, “No, its fine and thank you, you may go now.” I bowed still with my poker face and went on my way, half running half walking.

AUTHOR’S POV

As Solar was walking away, her professor turned around to go back to his office, while he was at it, he took a look at the piece of paper. At the sight of what was written, he sighs and turned around to see Solar still walking away. “That girl, she seems to do everything on her own. I wonder if it’s purposive or she just doesn’t have friends.” He sighs again and continued to walk.

He was right, Solar Celestia doesn’t have any friends, not even an acquaintance. She has no one, she was all alone since she was a child. You can say that she is used to it already.

 

SOLAR’S POV

I held my bag tightly as I was walking away, I did it again. I’m going to get a lot of scolding later at home because of this. I stopped on my tracks, and chuckled lightly. What am I thinking the only person who would scold me is myself, I have no one. I sighed and as I was just about to go I heard murmurs from my surroundings. I secretly looked around and saw the students whispering to each other, others laughing, and others were glancing at me. Another rumor I suppose, of course it’s going to be about me. I just gave them a little chuckle and what does it turn to?Arumor that does nothing good to me and this time it will probably last for a week or so. I try to ignore judging looks and eyes that they give me by looking down and just walking forward until I get out of here. But it didn’t stop at all, the murmurs, laughs and judging eyes just increased. Turns out I just bumped the most famous student in my university. When I was walking I didn’t notice that someone was in front until I was pushed down to the floor, my things scattered on the floor. I look up to see Irene, who was smiling mischievously. This was definitely on purpose, I looked away and tried to gather my things. There was a lot of people but not one tried to help me pick up my things, no, that’s not it. No none tried. I guess they didn’t want to get involved, I understand that, if I was the one watching , I would probably do the same but I’m currently not on the audiences side, I was the protagonist of this scene.

When I gathered all of my things, I stood up and mumbled sorry while trying to get away by ignoring them. “Hey, you forgot about this.” I stopped, what is it this time? I turned around and saw Irene laughing while holding something in the air. I gasped as soon as I saw what it was I immediately checked my neck. I frowned, it was my necklace. Something I really treasured, even though I don’t know who gave it to me, it was definitely not given by anyone from my abusive family, I didn’t have friends so that’s out. I look up again and saw Irene laughing her off along with her gang.

I had two options: its either I try to take it but will be physically hurt and wouldn’t probably be able to take it away from her or walk away as if it was nothing to me but will be emotionally hurt will probably regret it for weeks. I just stared at the necklace with my poker face, until Irene caught my attention. “You don’t want it back, princess?” the way she talked was definitely a way to mock me, it honestly pissed me off but what I can do, she’s definitely stronger. I have decided what to do, I sighed as this was going to be regretful. I sighed and look directly at her with my poker face, “You can have it.” I turned to continue walking and was ready to go back home. I’m already regretting it.

As soon as I got back to my apartment, I entered my passcode and hurriedly entered my room. I am not in the mood to eat or even wash up and get ready to sleep. I just jumped unto my bed and screamed while holding a pillow on my head, it’s to reduce the noise and my frustrations. I wanted to cry, but then at times like this I have someone to talk to or more like something. I think I have a problem, I don’t know why but I love to talk to the moon, and every time I go out to my balcony I’m always getting ready for it, I wanted to be presentable in front of the moon. I chose some cute pajamas and laughed at myself for preparing to show off to something that’s not even alive let alone talk. But despite of knowing that, I still continued preparing.

When I was done preparing I made a cup of coffee for myself and today I’m much weirder than usual, I poured another cup of coffee for the moon, must be the side effects of stress and regret. I chuckled again “I must be going crazy” I said to myself. I went outside sit on the chair by my balcony, I placed the cups of coffee on the table in front of the chair. I rested my back and sighed before taking a sip of the coffee I made. I smiled and stared at the moon lovingly, like I have seen some one I didn’t see the whole day. “Today was a horrible day for me Moon, as usual…” I talked out my frustrations to the moon but for some reason I couldn’t bring up about the stolen necklace, like I was guilty that I didn’t try to take it back from Irene. When I finished talking, I was already sleepy even though I drank the whole cup of coffee. I placed the empty cup on the table and noticed that there was another cup. “Seriously, why did I make another cup?” I just wanted to ignore it and sleep, and so that’s what I did. I just went to sleep and waited for the morning to come.

THE NEXT MORNING

My alarm woke me up, I groaned as I wanted to sleep more but remembered that I had to start the project that I decided to do alone, and today I have only two hours vacant not to mention it’s in the morning. I can already tell that this week is going to be like hell. I got up and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up things. After washing my face I decided to make breakfast since I was getting ready and all. I sighed as I remembered what happened yesterday about the necklace thingy. I placed the food I made on the table and I felt like making coffee. When I was about to get some cup I remembered that I left the cups on the balcony. “Oh no, the other cup with coffee left has probably been swarmed by ants right now” I sighed again and went to my balcony to get the cups.

When I arrived I was surprised that there was no ants, even though I made it extra sweet than usual.” Oh well, the ants was probably sleeping too” I chuckled as I was about to reach the other cup full of coffee, but to my surprise there were none left. “Okay, this is getting a little creepy.’ I took the cup and thought about the possibilities, my instincts immediately told me that there is an intruder. I rushed to the kitchen with the cups and placed them on the sink and after that I quickly got some knife and pointed it to nowhere. “If someone is there, surrender now! I-I have kn-knife!” Why am I stuttering? I thought to myself, I sighed. “This is so dumb, no one would want to break into my house.” I chuckled and was about to put the knife down but then I heard someone laugh lightly right behind me. I can feel that someone is really standing behind me. Now, I’m honestly scared for my life. I turned around in a flash and pointed the knife but not close enough to hurt the person now standing in front of me.

“Whoa! Careful there” a deep husky voice said, it was deep but not enough to be a man’s voice. I look up to see a pale silver haired girl who is slightly taller than me. She was gorgeous, her eyes had the same color of her hair but slightly darker. She wore something so fashionable but it was kind of boyish. Wait, this is not the time to asses her looks I scolded myself. I pointed the knife right at her, “Who are you?” She held her hand up on the air as if she was surrendering but then takes the knife away and placed it on the sink. “If I’m going to introduce myself, I don’t want some knife pointing at me while doing it you know.” She said while chuckling, I don’t know but I found it cute. I wanted to smile but remembered that she is an intruder so I kept my self from smiling and then I distanced myself. “Why are you in my house?” I said while staring at her adori- no! Not adoring but giving her an ‘I’m Angry’ face.

She laughed lightly, “I’m sorry for intruding but I felt like you are troubled by something so I came down to see you” She smiled charmingly, okay that’s different. How come she’s so handsome but pretty and cute at the same time?? “That doesn’t make any sense!!!” I covered my mouth after I said it. “ I said it out loud” I said to myself. I looked at her and it seems that she was startled but she then smiles and continued. “I’m sorry for not explaining it properly, well you came to talk to me last night, right? About your worries and to the things that happened to you yesterday?” I am honestly confused. “What? What are you talking about? I didn’t talk to anyone yester---“I stopped talking realizing what I did yesterday night.

I looked at her with my confused face. She smiled and acted like she remembered something. “I didn’t introduce myself yet right?” I am still confused to be honest but I still nodded in response. “I don’t have a name but you and other humans call with the name Moon, so I’ll introduce myself like that.” I widened my eyes because of both shock and confusion.” I am the Moon who you talk to every night” She smiled and approached me. I just stared at her and did not move away. She took my right hand and kissed it like how a prince would do it to a princess. I blushed furiously as I took my hand away and distanced myself from her. She chuckled again as if it was normal.

MOON’S POV

I chuckled as I saw her so confused and flustered at the same time. I decided to sit down on one of the chairs in the kitchen. “Your food’s going to get cold you know” I looked at her, she nodded and sat down to eat. “She’s weirdly obedient” I said to myself and chuckled lightly. When she was about to eat, she stopped and looked at me as if she was asking if I would eat too. I smiled at the sight “Its fine, the coffee was enough.” She blushed and proceeded to eat. I just stared and observed her, she was definitely different from other humans that I made contact to. It’s so strange that she didn’t call the police on me, she didn’t even resisted when I approached her or when I removed the knife from her hands. She is definitely one of a kind, and come to think of it, she is the only one who talks to me every night. I noticed that she was done eating, I stood up to take her plate and placed it on the sink like it was natural. She looked at me with her usual confused and blushing face. I showed her my watch “You do not have much time to do your project you know. “ She gasped as she realize how much time has passed, she quickly stood up and rushed to her bedroom.

I chuckled and sat down on the couch inside her living room. I scanned the place while waiting for her. She came out with her cute attire, different from what I have observed from her. I stood up and took her bad. “Let me carry this for you” I said but she wanted it back. “What?! No! And why are you still here?” she said while trying to reach for her backpack.” I still didn’t hear what’s troubling you?” she stops trying to reach her bag and looked away. “It’s nothing” she proceeded to go outside of her house and walk towards her university since it was in a walking distance “That’s not nothing to me” I said in response.

“Wait, where’s your necklace?” She jolted a bit. She turned to me and asks, “Why do you know I have a necklace?” I smiled at her while swinging her backpack to my back, to look cool, of course lol. “I told you, I’m the moon and you talked about it to me remember?” she was still having a confused face and continued to walk to her university. “So where is it?” I pried, she wore her poker face while saying. ”I lost it’ I looked at her, confused. “But you said it was important to you? If you want I can help you look for it” Solar turned silent and just continued walking “Solar?” she turned around and looked at me with the eyes which was about to cry. It was already leaking some tears out. My heart sank as soon as I saw that. I approached her immediately and wiped her tears gently. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” she took my hand away from her face and held it tightly.

SOLAR’S POV

I held Moon’s hand, oh look at me already treating and referring her like a person but that doesn’t matter right now. I felt like if I tell her, I will be released from my frustrations. I held her hand much more tightly, I looked up to her, only to see her face full of worry concern and so much…love?. What am I saying?! But still, how long has it been since I had someone look at me like this. But I didn’t have someone since I was a child but this feeling is just too familiar, like I have felt this before. I shook off my thoughts and decided to tell her. “Some took it away from me, I couldn’t fight back.” I wanted to almost burst in to tears but in contrast, Moon bursted out in laughter.

“Why are you laughing?” I wanted to sound angry but the opposite happened, I was smiling a bit. What is happening to me? Ever since I met her, which was literally an hour ago, I’m having this weird feeling. She tries to settle herself down, and gives me the reason. ”Well, I didn’t think that you’re a kind of person who can curse other people?” I pouted, “How can you judge me when we only met an hour ago.” She smiled at me lovingly and intertwine her hand with my hand which felt very natural. “You may not know or even aware of it but, since the day you came to talk to me. I have taken liking of you, which means I basically know you for years already. You just don’t know about it.” She chuckled and continues to talk. “From what I have observed, you’re pretty reserved and calm while talking to me at night.” She started to laugh again and started pulling my hand gently and guided me to my university, as if she knew the way.

“Since the day I came to talk to you? That’s basically when I was in fourth grade?!!” I told her half shouting. “Well yeah, what about it? Thanks to you, I almost know everything about you.” I have my shocked and my embarrassed face right now. “Don’t worry, I want to hear the other things I don’t know from you directly.” I turned to her “What do you mean?” she stopped and looked at me. “I’ll explain everything later ok?” I looked at her and nodded happily. “Ok! That’s a promise!” She nodded in response. I continued to walk hand in hand with her until I reached my university. She looked at me then to our hands then looked at me again. I smiled and held her hand tightly. “Are you sure? I thought you told me one night that you didn’t want any unnecessary attention?” I shook my head, and smiled. “Its fine, I feel much more secured and safe like this and I don’t mind attention if it’s with you” I said unconsciously, WAIT?!!? DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD?? I looked away immediately, obviously feeling embarrassed. I hear her laugh and I looked at her. “Okay you’re getting cheesy, I’m the one who should be cheesy so stop.” She smiles at me and kissed my hand like how a couple would do. I blushed furiously. I then heard murmurs and cameras clicking not far from us. Oh right, I’m in the university right now, but who cares. I felt most loved right now even with all the possible hates that might come after it. I don’t care at all. “Okay if that’s what you want” she said while smiling with her nose scrunching. She looks like a little kid. I smile at her like she was the cutest thing in the world, well technically, she is, in my eyes that is.

“Let’s go, I want to finish my project as soon as possible right now.” I said to her but she stopped. “What about your necklace?” I looked at her and my eyes started to tear up again. She laughs nervously.” Don’t worry I’ll help you take it back from that you told me.” I laughed at how she tried hard to comfort me but as I was having my fun until we were interrupted by the “”. “Hey!! Solar!! It seems that you have company today.” Me and Moon turned around to see Irene swirling my necklace in the air, making me feel uncomfortable. Moon on the other hand stepped forward, making me stand right behind her. Man I feel so blessed right now, she so handsome protecting me.

“Give that back.” Moon said with her intimidating deep voice, well to them, but to me it was hot. Okay stop with the fantasies Solar, it’s been only, like what? 2 hours so far, since you’ve known her. I shook my thought off and tried to focus on what’s happening. And by the way I’m still holding her hand, just saying.lol “Oooh, a prince came to save the princess.” Irene said and laughed loudly with her gang. Man is she trying to make a scene again? I pulled Moon’s shirt to get her attention and then whispered to avoid any more rumors “No fighting okay I don’t want you to get hurt” she smiled and said okay, she held my hand tightly but still gentle. This warmth is something I could get used to.