Finale

In Another World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Remember when you used to hate me a few years ago?” Sana pouted against my shoulder.

“Yes, you idiot, you acted so childishly back then.”

”Meanie, I was a child back then. You were just rude.” She looked up at me with the prettiest brown eyes.

We didn’t know each other before I transferred schools from Taiwan. Sana was merely a stranger I met from a childhood friend that moved to Korea. Little did I know she would become my best friend, twice again.

”I thought you knew why I ignored you and your texts.” 

Chaeyoung, my childhood best friend had miscommunications we had to sort out, violently. She had disappeared without a trace for 9 years. That year was the start of my ‘growing up’ phase. I ended up lonely and depressed, taking anger out on my body and I never talked to anyone and became mute. All because I was confused and worried. It wasn’t until the next school year that I opened up to the bubbly girl everyone knew as Sana. I finally had my first real best friend. Of course, I took it for granted because I was new to that concept.

She breathed straight into my face.

”Ewww, stop blowing your breath on me.” I gently shoved her away from me.

”Meanieeee.”

You know, I wasn’t always as rude as this. Around last year I admit, I had a crush on Sana. How did I know? I was jealous when she talked to anyone else. (It made me look stupid). I didn’t understand that people could have more than one best friend. 

“You will find someone who will truly love you in the future. I assure you, so hang in there.” I was surprised at what I said abruptly.

Sana: I just wish that it was you.

Tzuyu: I wish it was me too, but maybe in another world.    As if I even knew what she said, yet alone knows if she liked me. I’d mentally scoff.

It was silent for a few minutes until Sana moved onto another topic.

“Tzu-tzu, can we go to the mall to get ice cream and that knew perfume that just came out? I really really need it for my collection.” 

“Uhh, no sorry, I have to go home and take care of my baby Gucci.” 

“Pleaseeeeeeeeee!” Sana whined. It was adorable but my heart didn’t race like it used to. 

I exhaled loudly. 

“Fine.” 

I was head over-heels, I would do anything she asked me to do. Yes, I knew that I was biual, I was attracted to both guys and gals. I did well academically, having good marks in all of my classes. It was such a shame that I didn't know better to avoid falling in love with someone who was straight. 

We walked to the mall, the chains of stores surrounding us, her arm looped in with mine. It wasn't an issue, besides, Sana was just my best friend. Laughing and making stupid jokes on the way was a pleasure. It seemed like a break from reality that should last forever, sadly it wasn't. She walked into the perfume store, dragging me with her. 

Although the pungent and flowery smell of the store made me dizzy, I kept going with her. Afterall, you don't know what could happen to a pretty girl like her, again.

"Did you find the one you were looking for?" I pinched my nose to attempt to block out the strong smell.

"Yup! You don't have to be tortured for much longer Squidward." 

We both bursted out laughing at the joke. 

It was an inside joke that referred to Sana's ex-boyfriend from a few years ago. I won't lie that it was probably because of me that they broke up, the dude wanted her to break up with him so he didn't seem like a douche. What a b*tch, right? I tried to apologize by giving her one of my plushies. That doesn't mean that she didn't hold a grudge for who knows long. But hey, she still kept the plushie to this day. 

After the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter