First Beat

Heartbeats
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That's not the kind of voice we need."

Jungkook sighed. He stood up and apologized the last girl who auditioned to be their sub-vocal for their mini-band. "Sorry," he apologized to the girl. "We appreciate your effort in auditioning, but we're sorry," he added, feeling guilty. The girl had no choice but bitterly smiled and silently walked out of the practice room.

Feeling frustrated, Jungkook faced his friend. "The hell was that, Taehyung? You could have let her finish singing first before you blurted those words!"

Taehyung ignored him and started packing his stuffs.

"Are you even listening to me?" Jungkook asked, sounding really mad. When he didn't get any response, he grabbed Taehyung by the arm and forced him to look at him. "Kim Taehyung!"

"Practice is over. I'm leaving," Taehyung said emotionlessly, getting Jungkook's hand off of his arm.

Just as he was about to leave, Jimin came with snacks. "Hey guys! I'm back!" He stopped when he felt the building tension between his two friends. "No one make it in the audition again, huh?" he asked.

"Because someone's being a choosy ," Jungkook commented, turning his back and started packing his stuffs.

"What's wrong, Tae?" Jimin worriedly asked.

"Nothing. I'm leaving," Taehyung said as he left, not even sparing his friends a glance.

---

"I will be in big trouble if I lend you this."

Dahyun rolled her eyes. "Oh please! It's not as if I'm gonna steal anything inside that room," she said sarcastically.

"I know that, Dubu. But what I'm scared most is that you will get caught. You know that room is already occupied."

"Kim Seokjin, are you seriously the school's president?" Dahyun gave him a judging look.

"Yah! What kind of question is that? And what's with the mention of my full name?!"

Dahyun lend her palm. "Just give me the key, Mr. President. Or else I would think that you're scared of those boys who called themselves a band."

Seokjin sighed. "Fine!" He saw the way Dahyun's face lit up. "But you need to get out of there after 30 minutes, you understand?"

She eagerly nodded her head, feeling excited like a kid.

Seokjin can't help but laugh at her cuteness. He gave her the key to the music room and patted her head. "You're lucky to have a handsome cousin like me, Dubu."

Dahyun harshly removed his hand on top of her head. "Psssh," she scoffed. "Whatever!"

---

Dahyun stared at the huge grand piano in front of her with awe and excitement. Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter