Eat Jin

World of Worlds (drabble series)

 

You’re determined to make the best damn meal on the planet for Seokjin. He is always so happy when he eats delicious food and, well, you want the second most delicious food he has to be from his you (after his mom, of course).

You have the tablet propped up, a complicated recipe open. You’re making two different entries, one beef for him and the other chicken for yourself (though you know he’ll probably have a healthy helping of both). You’re moving slowly, making sure every cube of meat is perfect and every vegetable is the same size.

The second best meal will be the first best looking meal—you’re making sure of it.

Your focus on chopping distracted you from the pot of noodles boiling over. You’re blissfully unaware until you hear the click of the burner heat being turned off and a familiar chuckle.

“You’re making a mess, love.”

You look over to the foamy water sizzling and cooling on the stovetop. Your cheeks flush as you slowly look up at your master chef of a boyfriend.

“You’re here early,” you mumble, looking back down at your perfect culinary cuts.

“Good thing or I would have had to call the fire department.”

“It was just water!” You voice cracks defensively. Jin chuckles again and moves behind you. His arms snake around your middle, his plush lips on your shoulder. You lean your head against his, taking just a moment to savor the way it feels to be enveloped in his arms, firm against his sturdy, broad shoulders.

“How can I help, beautiful?”

You gesture to the exit of the kitchen. “Go watch TV or something. That’s how you can help.”

Seokjin nods and leaves on last kiss at your temple. “Yes, ma’am.” You smile proudly as he leaves. Perhaps it won’t be his actual second best meal, but he’s definitely the first best boyfriend.