Chapter 1

Flipped

                               
                              

December 24, 2018

she didn't know the time like this would come, it's unbelievable for her to believed. She look around the church hall and finally looking at the picture frame in front of her. She was staring at the woman's beautiful face. Her features which is pretty alluring, the way her straight hair gives her more charms, a face she always loved to see and now she's gone. Seungwan can't hold her tears anymore and she broke down, letting out all her emotions.

"Joohyun-ah!!"

Seungwan shouted on top of her lungs, the latter can't hear her voice because she plugged her earphones on. Just as the traffic light changes, a car is on it's way thinking that the changed of light is for the cars. Joohyun unaware of what will happened, the car gets more closer. looking at the car upcoming to her, she want to run but she was frozen their and can't think of anything, the only thing in her mind is seungwan.

"seungwan"
She whispered looking back seeing the woman she loved the most in the verge of tears. Irene close her eyes and everything went black.

Wendy remembered the compass toy they baught, she starts to open it up, and a memory flash in her mind.

A heavy sighed can be heard filling the church. Seungwan can't bear the pain anymore so she decided to leave.

a time can be sometimes awful and sometimes good, flip it...
The old woman who owns the compass said unto them.

The brunette was walking with her head low so she can't really see the people around her, suddenly she bumped into someone. She looked up to see who it was and she was surprised from what she saw, her eyes grew wide. Feeling all the ecstasy, she gave the stranger a tight hug.

"joohyun, you're alive!" seungwan said making the woman she was hugging to be confused, who wouldn't? She pushed the latter away making her to fall down, looking at her confusedly leaving her on the ground.
                              ------
After that day, irene seems to forget what did happened to her last day. Well maybe not. She tried to focused on her dancing routine cause she had a conpetition to join at september 24. She continue to do her thing, dancing gracefully.

Seungwan starts to look at the girl from behind the one way mirror loving the way the girl would dance and giving all her best. Random taught bothered her. Looking at the newspaper who caught up her attention

"Dance Competion: Dec 24,2012. At Daegu Sports Center"             

Seungwan realize that it's already December 1, 2012 looking at the newly newspaper published.


                  -----

It was cold winter in seoul so joohyun decided to wear  a thick shirt and a thick coat to keep her warm, she picked up her earphones in the closet, getting her phone to her pocket leaving her house and starts to enjoy the cold night listening some to music makes her to cool down.

She was walking on the street with her eyes closed feeling the cold breeze to kiss her cheeks softly. She opened her eyes when she's about to crossed the road, the traffic lights starts to change it's color and a drunk car owner is on his way. She was about to step in the road but someone is already waiting for her to be on the track, pulling joohyun in her warmth, embracing the older girl in her shoulders. The latter eyes widened from what did allmost happened to her.

"be careful"
She said as the older girl pulled away when her senses came back.

Wendy decided to walked her down the street making sure that she will be fine, a few talks and jokes they throw to each other making a foundation at each other as their relationship grew better than before. They start to introduce each other and explained all their likes and dislikes which seungwan already knew.

"bye seungwan-ah" joohyun said as they bid their goodbye, she missed how the girl say her name, it's been a long time since she heard of her name.

"bye joohyun" she said waving goodbye, making to latter to smiled sweatly going inside her house, seungwan left with a wide grin in her face going back to her house.

She turned her gaze to the calendar she baught and put a cross mark to the date today.

December 17, 2012
                                -------
It's been days and finally, the woman she loved the most said yes to her and now, she and joohyun were official.

"give me that" joohyun said asking for the help to get the cocoa near her so she picked it up not giving it to the girl, the older girl frowned but the frowned in her face was removed when seungwan is the one to add cocoa to her coffe. For some reason, she found it very sweet so she blush a little as the younger girl stare at her feeling embarrass so she added sugar into joohyun's coffee and nervously drink her coffee which taste bitterly bad making her to puke it all out.

Joohyun starts to laugh loudly and as for seungwan who can still feel the bitter taste in it, expressing the taste using her face gaining more laughter from the latter.
                              -------
The next day, irene was confused why the younger girl baught an umbrella in her hands, she don't watch the TV so she really don't know if it will rain or not. It's kinda cloudy today she taught to herself looking at the heaven above.

"the weather is good, but why are you bringing an umbrella?" Joohyun asked getting confused for what is the reason bringing her umbrella. The latter didn't answered her, instead , she look at her wrist watch waiting for the time. She started to open the umbrella making the older girl to be confused more, it's not raining, she taught. She gasped cutely when she felt seungwan hand wrapping around her shoulder making the space between them narrowed. Suddenly, rain starts to drop making joohyun to be surprised, mouth wide open.

"yah, close your mouth" seungwan said laughing at the latter's reaction and so she did.

After she get irene back to her house, she went to the the road she hates in her lifetime, observing and studying every detail from it. She looked in her pocket searching for the paper, she tooked it out reading it again and again with heart beating fast.
                                -----
It's there second date, so seunghwan hurriedly went up to her bed fixing herself leaving her house picking up the girl.

"yeppeo" she said as soon as irene stepped out her room wearing a plain black shirt and skinny jeans with a messy bun. the girl blushed at the comment but hiding it, rolling her eyes making the latter to giggled.

The two decided to shop since the girl was begging for her to go shopping which she agreed. Seungwan starts to looked around as irene is busy picking anything she likes. A beautiful shirt caught her attention their was a word written in it.
                          
                            SSWXBJH
She smiled thinking how the word match to them. Son Seungwan and Bae Joo Hyun. it's like the shirt is meant for them, irene suddenly appeared loking at the latter face whose focused is on the shirt so she turned her gaze where wendy's looking at, she was shocked that their name was allmost in the shirt.

"let's buy that" seungwan said smiling widely earning a big nod to the older girl in a childish way making her to laugh at her cuteness.

While the two were walking, a small store selling different types of vintage things stole joohyun's attention so they went inside and they were welcomed with a woman holding a compass in her hand which seungwan got curious at, she was staring at the old lady and it starts to speak

"a time can be sometimes awful and sometimes good, flip it..."
The word that the old woman said confused her, any by that, she wanted to buy the compass due to her curiousity. Joohyun notice how the girl stare at the item so she asked if she wanted it but she just denied it, she wanted to buy things for joohyun and not for herself so she declined.

Wendy starts to looked around as for the latter whose taking a look at the compass.

"can i buy this?"

                              ------
Irene invited seungwan to watch her practice which the latter didn't reject.
She was staring at how did the girl poured all her emotion to her dancing. She smiled looking at how she was doing a great job making her heart to flutter. Irene starts to gaze at her smiling widely which she smiled back, continuing to her practice.

Suddenly, a memory popped in the latter's mind, she remembered the day she was crying on the girl's funeral. She remembered all the pain she felt so she excused herself to the bathroom leaving her with her hoodie jacket.

After she was done with her routine, she picked up the water bottle and drink some. Wendy's jacket caught her attention. She putted the compass she buy earlier inside as a surprised gift. she looked inside the jocket realizing there is something inside to the pocket other than the compass. picking up the piece of paper reading every detail. just then, seungwan starts to walk near the girl as joohyun face her with her stone cold face.

"what's this? Are you a stalker?" she said sounding a bit mad and annoyed. The girl didn't answered her instead she asked a question.

"youre going to the competition right?" she said. Asking the older girl making irene to frown at her, obviously she would say yes.

"can't you just don't go?" seungwan asked hoping she would say yes. But the girl reply shook her more.

"Leave"
Colder than the night breeze of seoul, she felt pain in her heart, she just want the girl to be safe.

"but if you attend that competition, you will die!" seungwan said trying herself not to cry.

"I said leave!" joohyun shouts at her making her to be shocked lowering her head. Somehow, the girl felt guilty for raising her voice. She picked up her hoodie jacket leaving the girl alone.

Seungwan doesn't know where to go so she just ended up going to her house. As usual, there is no one inside except her. She starts to throw everything she saw in her sight even the fragile glass she saw because she's fumingly mad. Tears streamed down her face, she doesn't realize that her hand touched the broken glass causing a blood to spilled out.

"it's not even hurtful at all" she whispered to herself. Cause for her, the feeling she is feeling right now is the second most painful happened to her. The first is when joohyun died and the second is this. A calender with a bunch of markings of X caught her attention, whiping her tears and standing up not minding her hand, she picked the colored pencil marking the date today.

December 23, 2012. She removed everything in her heart and all that she wanted is to save her from that night.

December 24, 2012
It is the normal cold day in seoul, seungwan is wearing a thick fine clothes so that she will not freeze due to the coldness. Running as fast as she can, to go in that same street, she's feeling nervous, as for her heart that's becoming into not so normal state beating so fast. She looked at the her wristwatch. 5 minutes..

The car lights opened up, the old drunk man get inside getting a litttle bit dizzy but still opened his engine to go. On the other hand, Irene was looking at the poster of the dance competition as she remembered her conversation with seunghwan.

"But you will die!"

"I told you to Leave!!"

She shrugged her taughts off, plugging her earphones back to her ears listening to same music she listen. She step beside the road looking around.

just as then, seungwan was behind her back, Staring at the familiar figure, familiar place, familiar happening at the same time.

The red traffic light changes it's color to red, a sign that human can cross the road. Looking at the light, she crossed the road.

Seungwan was out of breathe for a moment with her shocked expression.

Fear...

"Joohyun-ah!!"

She shouted, but then again, the woman can't hear her voice making her to run, a loud beep of a car can be heard.

The world seems to slow down for seungwwan seeing how the car slowly become more closer and closer to her, with a shocked expression from her face.
 

A loud collision was heard as the driver get out from her car running away, the compass seungwan was holding is on the floor just like her lying on the ground.

Joohyun looked at her backed when she heard  a very loud collision sound.
 

She didn't expect what she saw. She dropped her bag seeing the lifeless woman bleeding too much on the ground. With eyes wide opened she remove her earphones running towards her.

Pain....

She belowed herself shaking the girl hoping for her to wake up.

"Seunghwan-ah" she said mercily and hopelessy, a couple of tear slip from her eyes.

"Seunghwan-ah!" she cracked up her voice shaking her.

"Yah! Wake up!!" She shouted sounding like she is commanding for the girl to wake up.

She saw the compass she baught beside seungwan picking it from the floor. she doesn't know is she will smile for keeping the gift or cry.

"hey, please wake up" with a lowly voice and pleading for her to wake up. Her heart thorned apart, she should have listen to her. Maybe, she's alive and live happily with her.

"i want you back seungwan-ah" she whispered, tears dried up but new tears fall down again and again. She touched her cheeks, sobs getting more louder and louder.

"i love you seungwan" she said. Hugging the sleeping wan on the floor.
                        

                  -------


December 24, 2018
Looking at the newspaper she kept, staring and still can't believe what happened 7 years ago still hunts her down. Closing her eyes making tears to flow down, holding onto the compass tightly.

"Bae Joohyun wins the Dance Competion 2012 in Daegu Sports Center"

-fin
explanation
Joohyun died at december 24. 2012. On december 24. 2018 Seungwan visited the girl's funeral remembering the past, she leaves the church and when she bumped into  a stranger (which is irene) she came back to the past (reason why she knows every detail that is happening, also the reason why she felt happy seeing her back again but joohyun don't know her yet) the compass ia the reason why she cameback to the past. the old woman said time can be awful or can be good. flip it, they supposed to flip the compass to have a good ending. dec 24 is the date of irene's accident, so seungwan is aware of that, just as she was running for the girl she is the one who got crushed by the car. after 7 years, just like what seungwan did, Irene did the same she visited her funeral and the newspaper she was holding changes it's news for her winning the dance competition instead of the famous joohyun died.                        

              -----

                           
A/N:

so would you like to have happy endings? I'll gladly make another chapter, or just leave the sad ending behind. Anyways, your opinions vary! 

Anyways, sorry for mispellings and wrong grammars