From Enemies to Lovers

From Enemies to Lovers

 

“No, why do I have to fight her?”Shin Dongho was looking at himself on the mirror, trying to carefully clean the blood from the corner of his lip. “I mean, why hit a girl?” He was trying to find excuses.

“She hit you, man.  She always hits you and you never answer back.” His friend approached him. “Do you like her or something?” Dongho’s finger slipped into the deep wound, hurting him.

“Ouch, that hurt.” He tried to blow on his lip. “Yah, do you think I’m crazy?” His friend shrugged.

“If you keep like that, everyone will think you are weak. You’re Shin Dongho, man, you’re the best fighter of our school, you’re the Ace, hyung.” He pushed Dongho’s head to hit with it on the mirror before leaving. “You lost to a girl, I can’t believe this…” He said, letting out a deep sigh and shaking his head, while making his way out of the bathroom.

“Like I care…”

 

Dongho was leaning his head on the mirror, like his friend put him. It took him a while before getting out of the bathroom. There was barely anyone out on the corridors, since the bell had already rung. He jumped out of the window before getting caught. He crossed the non-treated gardens of that school , reaching the back of the gymnastics building -- his usual places when skipping classes. He was going to throw his backpack to the ground when he noticed he wasn’t alone. A girl in a mini-skirt uniform was standing there, waiting for him. He threw the backpack to the ground after seeing who it was anyway.

 

“What do you want?” He said, approaching her.

“Why do I have the feeling you’re looking down on me?” She said, coming forth, uncrossing her arms.

“I don’t know what you mean…” He said, staring at his shows, avoiding eye contact. He was a lot bigger than her; however he did that as to make her feel superior. Suddenly she let go a high kick to which he defended right away, grabbing her leg.

“See?” She tried to take her leg off his grip, in vain. “Yah, let go.” She tried moving her leg, but he only gripped harder.

“Why do you do this? Why do you always want to fight me?”

“Because you annoy me, you never fight back, that annoys me.”She was making a big effort trying to make him let go of her leg.

“You wanna know why? You want to?” He let go of her leg, but pushed her against the wall right away. “Because of this.”

 

She could feel his fresh breath on her face. He was taller than her. They were face to face, separated by millimeters. He leaned to her, supported by his arms on the wall, a little above her.  Not looking away from her eyes for even one second, he kissed her. Then he stopped to look at her and kissed her again, closing his eyes. And again, and again. Deeper and deeper. He then stopped and looked down. He smiled and moved his finger to his hurt lip, slightly touching it.

 

“It hurts.” He said, chuckling and looking at her.

 

He went away, grabbing his backpack on the way. She was in disbelief, touching her lips, still on the same place when he left. He looked one last time to her and smiled, disappearing from her sight.