Chapter 2

My Fairytale

 

I collapsed on my fluffy bed that night, exhausted. It was about seven in the evening. On this particular day in June, the sun hadn’t set yet; it was still pretty bright outside. Tiffy and I had walked all the way back to our building since we couldn’t afford a taxi(we live in the same building). My feet ached from the hour long walk and my legs were so sore that I couldn’t even feel them. I was walking for only an hour, and I was already out of breath and tired.

I was usually very busy with schoolwork and volunteering, so I didn’t get time to exercise much. Even if I did have time, I was too tired and too lazy to go out in the too cold or too hot air to run around town. I was what people considered a nerd; I always had my nose buried in a book or a pencil in my hand. I didn’t exercise much, for I believed that learning and schoolwork was more important than running around town for nothing. I had my beliefs and morals established by the time I was only fourteen, so I knew exactly how to live my life, and how to make my decisions. I considered myself clearheaded, even though my brain was practically fighting World War 3 all the time.

I looked up at my white ceiling and recalled the events of the day. Sorting through my thoughts, I realized that I had accomplished a lot today. Waiting in line for four hours was probably my least favorite, but it was all worth it for Super Junior. I can’t believe it. I actually met them. I couldn’t stop the wide smile that spread across my face by just thinking about them. My clearheadedness vanished for a second and I was drowned in a pool of joy double the size of the Pacific Ocean.

Wow. I did it. I actually met them. My smile eventually turned out to a happy chuckle, then a laugh. Then before I knew it, I was squealing in bliss. I covered my face with my hands and flopped my tired body over so I was laying face flat on my fluffy blanket. I screamed and kicked my feet at the air, all the while smiling so wide that I was sure my cheeks were going to rip into two pieces. My heart beat at a rate faster than the wheels on a car turn during a Nascar race. My arms jerked around, rolling my body from side to side. My torso wasn’t in my control, for it was shaking and withering in joy. The scream eventually subsided to an ecstatic giggle after a few minutes, and my body stopped spazzing. I turned over and laid my hands on either side of me, my hands approximately six inches away from my hips, and let out a satisfied sigh. I resumed staring at my ceiling.

I really met them. Face to face. I laughed again, then folded my hands across my belly, which was moving up and down in time with my breathing. I had never felt more elated in my long seventeen years of life. Who would’ve thought that an ordinary, boring, normal girl would actually get to meet her favorite band in person?

Suddenly, I remembered the two pieces of paper I had tucked into my back pocket. Smiling widely again, I lifted my off the bed and reached into my pocket, pulling out the two folded pieces of paper. They were both slightly crinkled, since I had sat my fat on them. I frowned slightly and attempted to smooth out the wrinkles without success. Finally, with a quiet hmph, I gave up. They both looked like they were folded hurriedly. The smaller, white piece of folded paper was from Kyuhyun. Eunhyuk’s note was on light blue paper, and wasn’t folded as much.

Which one should I open first?

I sighed, and sat up so that I was sitting crisscross on my bed. I bit my lip and crinkled my eyebrows, pondering over the question like it was the most important decision of my life. Why was I so nervous? It was just opening a note! I wasn’t even this nervous while opening my high school admissions letter! Opening Kyu’s note first doesn’t make me like Eunhyuk any less, or vise versa. Sighing again and setting Kyuhyun’s note down, I started with Eunhyuk’s, since it was the one on top. That was practical, and not biased, right? I began unfolding my bias’s hidden folded note slowly, and with caution. All of a sudden, the bubbly and gleeful spirit I had just minutes ago completely disappeared. My stomach tied itself in knots like earphones do in my pocket; it was completely jumbled up and I knew that it would take a long time to untangle. As I slid my thumb under the last fold, I paused and bit my lip hard. Then slowly, I lifted my thumb t—

“Hey!” The sudden noise made me jump and drop the piece of paper. “Whatcha doin’?” Tiffany entered my bedroom, smiling, and closed the door behind her half heartedly before skipping towards me. She had changed out of her previous outfit and was in a tank top, basketball shorts, and fluffy socks. She picked up the half folded piece of paper. “What’s this?”

“Don’t read that,” I said quickly, standing up. I reached out to take the note back from her hand.

“Why?” she asked playfully, pulling her hand away so I couldn’t take the note back. “Is it a love letter or something?” she teased. She jumped on my bed and sat with her back against the wall and her legs stretched in front of her. The note from Kyuhyun was sitting by her knee. “And this?” she reached out to pick up the other note as well.

I sighed, and sat down. I just didn’t want her to find out. I didn’t want to lose my best friend because I had gotten two notes from the Super Junior members. I was nervous. I didn’t know what was going to happen when she found out. Would she hate me because I had “stolen” her precious second bias, Kyuhyun, from her? Would she look down on me because I was disappointing the ELFs? I didn’t even know what was on either of the notes yet, and I was already worrying about them. However, finally, I decided to let her read them. There was no use hiding this from her; she was my best friend and we practically lived together. She was going to find out at some point eventually.

“Okay, Tiffy,” I started. “When I was in the Holy Building, some amazing things happened.”

She laughed, and got up. Opening my drawer and ripping open a bag of potato chips, she said, “Of course you did! You met Super Junior!” Tiffy climbed back onto the bed and sat next to me again. I reached into the bag and pulled out a chip, stuffing it into my mouth.

“No, I mean, like, really amazing things.” Tiffy looked at me and pulled out a chip.

“Like what?” she asked while munching on a chip slowly.

However, being the clearheaded person that I am, I asked Tiffy to explain her experience first. And Tiffy, being the excited little bunny she is, agreed without arguing. I had to make sure that my story really was as special as I thought it was.

Tiffany went on with her story, talking about how she actually met the members and how absolutely perfect they looked. She spent an especially long time on Sungmin, with him being her bias and all. The members had made small talk, like they did with me, and signed her picture the way they did with mine.

“Let me show you!” she suddenly said. She bounced up and sprinted out of the room before I could protest. I sighed and opened my mouth again to yell for her to come back, but before I said anything, the animated little bunny was already entering my room again, picture frame in hand.

“Get mine too, will you? It’s in the second drawer on the left side of my desk.” I pointed to the drawer.

After retrieving my picture frame, she jumped back on the bed. She set mine down on my legs and turned hers around so I could see.

“See?” she chirped, “Look at what Sungmin wrote!”

 

Dear pretty lady aka Tiffany ㅋㅋ,

Thank you very much for coming today and please continue to support us! ^^

Love, Sungmin ^^

 

“He called me pretty lady!” she flailed ecstatically. “I’m pretty!”

I laughed at her happiness. “Congrats, pretty lady.” I smiled.

She giggled. “Thanks!”

Tiffany continued to explain how her magical moments went; she gushed over how nice Siwon’s arms were, how cute Ryeowook was, and how deep Kyuhyun’s eyes were. She explained every little OTP moment, starting with Eunhae. Tiffany was the biggest Eunhae shipper I had ever met. She sincerely believed that they were together in a relationship. She picked up every little Eunhae moment, from the glances to the small movements like leaning towards each other when they were standing side by side.

I listened to her tell her tale for the next half an hour or so. When she finally finished, she said, “Okay, it’s your turn now! Tell your story.”

I took a deep breath. Should I tell her? Will she get mad at me? She got into Super Junior a long time before I had, and had worked so hard to get us the tickets to go to the fanmeeting.

However, she was my best friend. I could tell her everything and anything.

I took another deep breath and looked her in the eyes. “Okay.” I said. “But first, can you tell me what it says on the picture frame? I’m too scared to look for myself. And the notes too. But the picture frame first.”

Tiffany smiled and nodded. “Sure!” she agreed. She picked up the frame and looked at it. “Mm… Let’s see…”

 

Annyeong, Amy~! ^_^ Thank you for coming today! I hope that you will continue supporting us! ^_^ - Leeteuk

Yo, Amy! Thanks for coming today! (insert picture of Kim Heechul’s cartoon self portrait) –Heenim

Amy~! Nice to meet you! Thank you for coming! – Yesung

Annyeong, Amy! Please continue to support us! – Shindong

Hi Amy~ ㅋㅋThanks for coming today! – Sungmin

Annyeong, Amy! It was nice to meet you, my Jewel! ㅋㅋThanks for making me smile~! I hope to see you again some day. Your’s truly, Eunhyuk

Hey, yo! Amy! ㅋㅋHope you have a nice time today! ^_^ Thanks for coming and supporting us! – Donghae

Amy, thanks for coming! Please continue to support and love us! God bless you! ^_^ - Siwon

Amy annyeong ^_^ Thanks for coming today, and I hope you had a good time! Please continue to support us! – Ryeowook

Hi, Amy! Thank you for coming today, and please cotninue to love us! – Kyuhyun

 

Tiffany finished reading, satisfied. She was just about to put the picture down when she stopped. Her eyebrows crinkled in confusion. She picked her own picture up and examined whatever the mystery thing was on the pictures.

“What?” I asked. “What’s wrong?”

“This is strange,” she said. “His handwriting is different.” She lifted her picture up close to her face, then lowered it and lifted mine. Her eyes squinted, examining the two pictures.

“Who’s? Who’s handwriting?”

“Kyuhyun’s.” she said slowly. “On my picture, it looks like it does on the other pictures I’ve seen. But on yours, it looks a little messy, like his hand was shaking or something. Also, he spelled continue wrong…”

My body tensed up and my face turned red just remembering the incident. I looked into my lap and played with my fingers. I didn’t say a word.

“Alright, whatever!” she concluded. She laid the pictures back down on the bed with care, as if they were precious jewels that were worth millions of dollars. “Now the notes!”

“Wait,” I said quickly. I snatched the papers up and clutched them close to my chest before she could touch them. My eyes opened wide with fright. “Promise me something first.”

“Huh?” she asked, confused. Then, seeing the serious expression on my face, she sighed and nodded. “Alright, what?”

“Promise me that you’ll remain my friend after you read these notes? That you won’t get really jealous and ditch me?” I didn’t want my best friend to hate me just because a couple of guys showed interest in me. She was more important to me than them.

She looked confused, but agreed anyway. “Okay, I promise. But why would you think that I would hate you? You’re my best friend!”

I sighed and slowly offered the slips of paper to her. She took them and flipped each one over a couple of times, looking at them carefully. “It’s just a couple of notes,” she shrugged.

“Yeah, it is just a couple of notes,” I agreed. “But, the people who gave them to me…” I drifted off, not bothering to finish my sentence. Tiffany wasn’t paying much attention anyhow.

“Alright, I’ll start with the blue one!” she stated. She started to unfold the piece of paper, totally and completely clueless.

“Oh, dear God. I can’t look.” I squeezed my eyes shut and covered them with my hands. I heard crumpling noises.

I expected to hear a loud gasp and feel a slap. I expected to open my eyes and see Tiffany storm out of the room because the person she was sure she was in love with liked her best friend. I expected to feel the painful sting on my cheek for weeks; not physically, but emotionally. But I didn’t. Instead, I didn’t hear or feel anything.

Slowly, I peeked through my fingers. I saw Tiffy just staring at me, with a blank look on her face, with the note in her hand. “What’s so big about this?” she asked.

“What does it say?” I squeaked. I was prepared for the worst: an “I’m interested in you” letter with a name.

“It’s just some numbers,” she shrugged.

My eyes widened immediately and I screeched out a loud “WHAT?!” Any shred of worriedness vanished. I grabbed the note out of her hands as fast as a ninja. Flattening it out and looking at it, I saw something amazing

Numbers.

Not just any numbers, no. A PHONE NUMBER.

I HAVE EUNHYUK’S ING NUMBER.

OH MY DEAR SHISUS HAVE MERCY ON ME.

I stared at the paper for what seemed like hours before jumping up and screaming in joy. I pounced up from the bed and ran around my room like a maniac. My feet carried my from one end of my room to the other faster than they did when I was hungry and it was finally lunchtime. Believe me, that's fast. Flailing my arms and screaming at the top of my lunges, I continued to jump and run.

“What?” Tiffy asked, curious and slightly frightened. “What’s going on, Amy?”

Between my gasps and my wheezes, I was able to choke out a name.

“Eun – Eun – Eunhyuk’s note (scream) Eun – Eun – Eunhyuk’s (scream) number on the (scream) note!”

I flailed around again, not caring if Tiffany understood a word I said. I clutched the note in my hands, holding it close to my chest. I collapsed on my knees and began banging my fists on the carpeted floor, not caring if the people living on the floor below me heard.

A couple of moments later, I heard a loud thump. I looked up and brushed my messy hair out of my eyes with shaking hands, still giggling. Tiffany was standing on the ground, hands firmly at her sides, with wide open and her eyes stretched as wide as an egg. “NO.ING.WAY.”

I cackled and jumped up, flinging my arms above my head and landing on my wide-spread feet, similar to the position you’d be in if you were doing a jumping jack or making a snow angel. I looked her straight in the eyes.

“YES ING WAY!”

“AHHH!!!” Tiffany screamed and flung her arms around my neck, capturing me in an excruciatingly tight hug. I screamed as well and hugged her back. We jumped around in circles for minutes that seemed like hours.

“OH MY GOSH! THEN THAT MEANS THAT THE NUMBER ON THE OTHER NOTE IS ALSO THE NUMBER OF ONE OF THE MEMBERS?!”

My eyes widened again. “KYUHYUN’S ING NUMBER!”

We continued to scream and hug and flail, jumping until the springs in my bed started to creak. I was elated. I shook in joy and laughed in delight. I had no idea how I’d done it, but I somehow got two members of Super Junior’s numbers.

When we finally came down to earth from fangirl heaven, she sat down quickly on the floor and pulled me down with her. Crossing her legs and widening her eyes even more, she put the widest grin I had ever seen on her face. She rocked herself from side to side in anticipation, clutching her hands together in her lap. It looked as if she didn't, she would’ve knocked everything down from my shelves in bliss.

“Tell me what happened! Tell me right now!”

When I finally caught my breath, I began to explain how I had met Eunhyuk, and what he did. I also told her about my situation with Kyuhyun, and how magical it was. Sometimes, in the middle of my story, I was interrupted by an ear-splitting scream coming from Tiffany’s vocal chords. I was also tacked multiple times.

When I finished, Tiffany looked like she was the proudest person in the whole world. “See what you can achieve when you’re not holding back? See what can happen when you’re not afraid?”

I laughed and nodded. “Yes, I do. And thanks for teaching me that, best friend.”

She laughed as well and threw her arms around me once more for a warm embrace. We stayed like that for hours, laughing and giggling. When we broke apart, we sighed and laid down on the carpeted floor. A couple of moments later, she seemed super excited once more.

“Let’s call them!”