so we are strangers

i don't want to be your friend (i want to kiss your lips)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

There’s a weight in my bed
Where you laid and you said
I don’t know you

The Marias - I Don't Know You

 

She heard it from some, see and read it online, how she; the clingiest member out of the group seem to not be all too close with the eldest member.

 

She knows and is aware of the fan shipping and such; they were included in their first hand guide as they started their life as an idol and it didn’t help that though she has the knowledge for it, she can’t help the flutter her heart makes when she knows the fact that some of their fans ship her with Nayeon.

 

There’s not much they could gush about, like those moments she tries to kiss Jeongyeon’s cheeks every time she has the chance, or when she’s beside Dahyun 16 hours of the day; she must admit her moments with Nayeon are limited, and how they act when there’s a camera infront isn’t how they act when there isn’t.

 

Sana rubs her eyes when she places down her phone on her side after checking tweets from their fans which isn’t a new thing for the members. The others are outside, eating or watching and she decided to be like Mina today, staying in her room unless she has to use the bathroom or grab some snacks.

 

These days weren’t different from the past ones, but the moment she walked out of the room she shared with the three other members, (Mina, Jihyo, and… Nayeon), she was met with blank eyes that were only filled with emotions when she isn’t looking at her.

 

Nayeon is in front of her, just about to open the room’s door and walk inside. Sana looks down after feeling another episode of the way her heart races when she’s a meter or inches away from the older girl; or when she’s face to face with her, it doesn’t even matter, she might go crazy just being on the same place as her.

 

Nayeon passes by her silently and closes the door. Sana went to the kitchen to take some extra snacks she bought on the store with Chaeyoung and Dahyun last night.

 

Still, the way her heart beats isn’t normal and her mind is a never ending hurricane the moment she laid her eyes on Im Nayeon, and the cold interaction just a while ago isn’t an exception.



 

 

“Sana, why do you like skinship so much? You’re even kissing the members when they’re not on their guard!” Jihyo looks at her and asks when all of the members are gathered around the room to form a circle and play a round of truth or dare.

 

Jeongyeon was fast to agree and ask the same thing with curious eyes. Everyone is looking solely at Sana, waiting for her answer; Nayeon is looking too, she got her attention and she told herself she shouldn’t mess up.

 

She’s somehow nervous for what answer comes on her mind first, but then she lets out a short glance at the girl who’s sitting on the other side of the circle. Nayeon has her eyes casted down on the floor, her knees touching each other while her arms are wrapped around it.

 

Cute.

 

Sana smiles unknowingly before she fixes her specs and looks back to their leader, “It’s because I love you guys!” she lets out a dramatic giggle when some of the girls cringed loudly but she didn’t miss the way Nayeon looked at her with a short amount of interest.

 

“Even if I like or love someone, I wouldn’t just kiss them without any permission!”

 

Sana heard someone said but her eyes were solely fixed on someone who's looking cute in her green pyjamas, and her ears were temporarily closed shut for the chaos that ensued.

 

She felt a nudge at her side when she looks back at Momo who says it’s her turn to ask someone. Sana nods once before she spins the bottle, stopping at Mina’s direction.

 

“Well, I’m certain Mina doesn’t want another question of why she’s staying in her room 19 hours of the day.” Momo announces out loud and has a proud smile on her face while she looks over at Mina who covers her face shyly. The others nod and Sana shrugs, not clearly in the mood to think for a good enough question.

 

“Mina, who would you date in our members if you were given the chance to?”

 

The others gasped but Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung loudly clapped their hands like idiots while waiting for Mina’s answer.

 

Mina looks down for a moment and places her hand above her chest. She looks up with a creep of blush in her cheeks before she quietly says, “Momo.”

 

It was loud again for some certain amount of time and Sana saw how Momo stared blankly on her hand. The girls tried to ask why but Jihyo announced that there shouldn’t be any follow up questions since it would be unfair to Mina.

 

The night continued on, loud and full with yells, until they had the decision to sleep which is 3 in the morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It isn’t an unknown secret to the members about how Nayeon and Momo immediately got close; or how Nayeon clings to Momo much more than she’s been with the others, about the time their promotions for Knock Knock ended. There was one time when they flew to Japan for another round of their schedules and it was one week straight that Nayeon claimed Momo for herself on their room, only going out if they needed to attend the studios and eat along with the others. There was also that time when everyone decided to go shopping but Nayeon insisted on her and Momo being left alone in the dorm, saying they have to catch up on some sleep after practicing for the next choreography for the comeback; they were given three days off work that time and the both of them seem to have an ample amount of sleep over time, which made the members guessing what they’ve been doing lately by theirselves.

 

Sana doesn’t want to assume but she notices the way Nayeon quickly hangs to Momo or clings whenever she’s near around them. She doesn’t mind at first but it’s starting to get on her nerves. She wouldn't forget the time she asked Momo to go with her to the stores to shop but then the older Japanese looks back at Nayeon as if asking if she’s allowed to go, Nayeon looks at her once then to her phone, so Momo decides she should be staying in the dorm and rest. Then there came the incident when Sana and Mina planned a get together for the Japanese members with the past Japanese trainees but Momo said Nayeon and her are going to the spa and get a whole body massage. And now, especially when today is her sixth anniversary with the other Japanese girl, she was planning to eat with Momo on a nearby barbeque place and the other should be surely willing to go if Nayeon didn’t ask Momo to come with her on the gym and work out together.

 

“You’re frowning a lot these days.” Jeongyeon sits next to her, a large cup of lemonade water on her hands.

 

“Am I?” Sana asks.

 

“You sure do. I could already feel the sun being replaced with dark clouds now that you have that scowl on your face.” Jeongyeon sips from her cup before turning to Sana, “I know you know how you’re dubbed as the happy pill of the team, and I’m just concerned to why you’re not smiling a lot these past few days. It’s not like you should be, but you know, I’m just wondering.”

 

Sana turns away from the window and looks at the girl beside her, “These days aren’t the best ones I’ve dealt with so far, but you being here asking me about this is somehow the greatest conversation I’ve handled aside from the fanmeets with the Onces last month.”

 

Jeongyeon smiled at the girl warmly, “I’m glad to make your day better.” She gives Sana a peck on her cheek before she waves and enters her room.

 

Though it may seem like it's not much, Jeongyeon initiating a skinship by herself might just mean that she meant every word she said.

 

At least there’s someone who noticed how her smiles were slowly fading as the days passed by.

 

“Thank you, Jeong.” Sana mumbles, looking at the door that closed a few seconds ago.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s like you’re forgetting something, Momoring.”

 

Momo heard Jihyo call for her while they’re on the kitchen ordering for dinner after she recently arrived with Nayeon from the nearby gym. She looks at their leader with raised eyebrows and the younger girl pouts to the direction of Sana sleeping on the couch, with a paper wrapped in her arms.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Go see for yourself, you forgetful lad.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter