Tomorrow never Knows

Lost in the Past

It is currently 2am when Momo suddenly woke up from her sleep, hearing some screaming coming from Jeongyeon’s room. She stood up then ran to Jeongyeon’s room, knocking endlessly. “Jeongyeon? Jeongyeon?! What is happening?! Are you okay?!” She asked with a panicked tone. The girl inside the room was not answering her but just continued screaming until Momo decided to finally open the door and go inside only to find a sleeping but screaming Jeongyeon. Momo looked terrified but she looked at Jeongyeon with a concerned look in her face. “She must be having a bad dream” She said then sat on the screaming girl’s bed, tapping her cheek. “Jeongyeon?” She whispered while still tapping the latter’s cheek.

 

 

Momo felt tears in her hands as she was tapping Jeongyeon’s cheek and it made the younger’s heart break. “oh no! She’s crying.” She said in her head. Momo carefully placed both her hands on the crying girl’s cheek and wiped her tears as she hums a song. “Shh I’m here.” Momo whispered while caressing Jeongyeon’s cheeks. The latter eventually stopped screaming and crying and continued on her sleep.

 

 

Momo removed her hands from the sleeping girl’s cheeks and was about to stand up until she felt a hand on her wrist. “Don’t leave me” Jeongyeon whispered. Momo looked at the older girl but Jeongyeon’s eyes were closed. Momo decided to stay and sleep beside Jeongyeon, hugging the older girl wondering what the girl’s dream was about that made her cry but she eventually drifted off to sleep again.

 

 

Meanwhile, before the younger comforted the older girl, this was what was happening in Jeongyeon’s dream.

 

 

5 year old Jeongyeon was inside her room, playing with her legos until she heard her neighbor screaming “Fire! Fire! Get out of the house now!” But her being young, she didn’t know anything so she looked at the window and saw her Mom, Dad, and 2 sisters looking up at her. She smiled wide and waved to them “Hi!” All of them were looking at her worried which made her confused until her mother ran back inside the burning house. After a few seconds, a man, in a fire fighter suit went inside Jeongyeon’s room and carried the girl holding a house made of legos and was brought outside, handing her to her father. Her unnie then asked the guy with tears threatening to spill in her eyes “Where’s my omma?” The fire fighter just looked at her smiling and said “She’ll be fine. We’ll save her.” He ran back inside the house.

 

 

A few minutes later, the man was carrying an unconscious woman then laid her on the floor. The husband immediately ran to her, handing the youngest daughter to older daughter. “No! No!” He screamed. The paramedics went to the woman to check on her then said “I’m sorry sir but she has no heart beat.” Then took her to the ambulance, heading to the hospital. The father of the Yoo sisters went back to her daughters and the youngest one immediately asked “Where are they taking mommy?” The father burst some tears and said “She’s gone. I’m so sorry”

 

 

“Gone! Where is she going? No! Mommy! No!” 5 year old Jeongyeon screamed until she felt a pair of hands on her cheeks, and everything went black.

 

 

Morning came and Jeongyeon was the first one to wake up. She still had her eyes closed, remembering the bad dream that she got “thank God the dream’s over” she mentally said then noticed that she was hugging her pillow. She pulled her pillow closer that she smelled the pillow’s scent. “This pillow smells good” She muttered then cuddled into her pillow harder until she heard a heartbeat. “Why does my pillow have a heartbeat?” She asked herself then opened her eyes only to be greeted by a sleeping Momo.

 

 

Both of their faces were so close to each other that one wrong move that Jeongyeon will make, they’d probably kiss. Jeongyeon can feel Momo’s hot breath in her nose which made her face heat up and sweat so without hesitation, she screamed then pushed Momo out of the bed once again.

 

 

The Japanese woke up to a head ache due to her hard fall from the bed once again. She sat up, rubbing her eyes since her injury from yesterday’s morning incident hurt and was bleeding, which made her shed some tears. Also due to the fact that she just woke up. She looked up at the bed then saw Jeongyeon glaring at her. “Ya! Do you plan on pushing me off the bed every morning?!” She nagged then rubbed her head until she felt liquid in her hands. “Shoot! It’s bleeding again” She mentally said.

 

 

“What the hell were you doing in my bed? I thought I said that I don’t want a –“ Jeongyeon was  immediately cut off by a running Momo, who was running towards the bathroom to wash her head which made an annoyed face Jeongyeon. “Ya! I’m talking to you!” She nagged then followed Momo in the bathroom. She tried to open the door but Momo just quietly said “Give me some privacy please.”

 

 

Jeongyeon kept on knocking on the bathroom door, telling Momo to hurry up to get her lecture until Momo said “Ya! Just shut up please! My head hurts because of you! Lecture me later when I get out! I’ll accept all your scolding!” which eventually made Jeongyeon give up and get out of the room, to the kitchen.

 

 

As she opened the door on her way out, she was greeted by a concerned looking Jihyo. She just coldly raised one of her eyebrow and said “yes? Need anything?” she coldly said but the look on Jihyo’s face did not change”. “I heard some screaming. Is Momo okay?” The big eyed girl said, trying to look past Jeongyeon to scan the room but Jeongyeon just said “gosh she’ll be fine. She’s a big girl.” Then went to the kitchen to make her usual morning coffee.

 

 

As Jeongyeon sat on the dining table, sipping on her freshly made coffee, she started to hear loud voices from her room. “Momo-ya. What happened to you?! The back of your head is awfully a shade of pink!” She heard Jihyo say. More like scold.

 

 

“I told you. I’m fine. Just a little bleeding but it stopped now.” “It bled?” Jeongyeon thought to herself. “She hit her head that hard?” she said again. “Yup.” Someone answered her. She looked back into the kitchen and saw Tzuyu scanning her eyes on the refrigerator. “Pretty bad actually.” She continued. “Didn’t you notice the ice packs she carries around?” The tall girl asked, sitting in front of the blonde. Jeongyeon just shrugged then sipped on her coffee. Tzuyu sighed. “I feel bad for her though. She works hard, takes good care of people, raised her unnie alone, but yet, her parents doesn’t even appreciate her.”

 

 

“What? Raised her unnie? Her older sister?” Jeongyeon asked curious. Tzuyu just nodded. Jeongyeon silently asked “Why?” “Because her parents left-“ the girl answered but was cut off by the older “yeah, but isn’t the unnie supposed to be raising the dongsaeng?” Tzuyu shrugged. 

 

 

“She spent all their money on casinos, thinking that they’ll earn more, until she got into some drugs then started abusing Momo. But she was eventually sent to jail then committed suicide. But before her sister got into casinos, Momo was the only one working. Momo even sacrificed her studies just to maintain their apartment.” And with that, Jeongyeon felt guilty.

 

 

As Tzuyu went inside to her own room, Momo and Jihyo stepped out of her room with Momo smiling at her and Jihyo shooting glares. “Have you eaten? Do you want me to make something for you?” Momo asked. Jeongyeon gave her a small smiled then raised her cup of coffee which made the Japanese shocked but she didn’t show it in her face. “Just some coffee. I don’t really eat breakfast.” The blonde said which made Momo frown. “But breakfast is the most important meal of the day! And today is the first day of the medical mission. It’s gonna be tough!” She said then immediately went to the refrigerator to get some eggs and bacon.

 

 

She started heating the pan then cracked 2 eggs in 1 hand. Jeongyeon was just watching the Japanese in the kitchen from her seat, with her barely sipped coffee until she decided to stand up and get some ice because of the red swollen thing on the back of Momo’s head. “That’s enough making me feel guilty.” She mentally said.

 

 

She went behind Momo then carefully placed the ice pack on Momo’s head which made the latter shocked. “What- What are you doing?” She asked. “Treating your wound” The taller answered while carefully icing the younger’s head. Momo continued on cooking but she can’t help but say “I can do this on my own later. You don’t have to-“ but was cut of my the cold Jeongyeon saying “Just shut up and do whatever you’re doing.” 

 

 

After a few minutes, both settled down on the dining table, sitting in front of each other and peacefully eating until the Japanese asked “How is it?” The blonde just looked at her and said “awful-“ but was cut off by Momo standing that caused her to panic. “Awfully delicious” She quickly said which made the latter sit down again. They started eating again in silence until the younger decided to break it again. “I’m ready”

 

 

This made the blonde confused. “What is she talking about?” she mentally asked herself. “What?” Jeongyeon asked with a confused look on her face. “I’m ready for my scolding.” Momo answered then closed her eyes. Jeongyeon was supposed to say something until Momo said “wait! Just hit me or something! Physical injury is better than mentally!” Jeongyeon immediately stand up which made Momo close her eyes harder, expecting for a slap but she just felt something cold in her head.

 

 

She slowly opened her eyes, just to see the blonde who’s wearing specs, sitting down beside her, placing the ice pack again in her head. “I thought-“ She mumbled but was cut off by Jeongyeon staring at her. Not a cold one. But a soft and concerned one.

 

 

EHH?!