Chapter One

New Generation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV (The Past)

My heart was beating like crazy as our turn to perform in front of our boss gets closer. All the YG trainees have gathered in one room, regarless of whether you were a girl or a boy, for the monthly evaluations. 

I looked back at my members for the monthly evaluations. It has always been Jisoo unnie, Chaeyoung, Lisa and I. I'm almost certain that we will debut together, as long as none of us gives up. The three were sitting with their head down low, taking deep breaths to calm their nervous hearts. 

It has been five years since I've started training in YG. Every year we were promised a debut. It started back in 2012, a year after I joined the company. There was a lot of us and we all thought of debuting and fulfilling our dreams together. We were eager and excited for the debut but it always got delayed. At first, it was okay for me since I haven't experienced much and I still needed to work hard on my skills. Days turned into weeks, then months, then years. 

Am I not good enough? I know I'm still lacking but is being a singer really for me?

Was it wrong to disobey my parents? 

Would I be able to debut? 

"Jennie-ah, it's our turn." Jisoo unnie's voice shook me back to reality. I followed the three of them to the center of the practice room. 

Our CEO was sitting in the middle with our vocal, rap and dance teachers. All the trainees were circled around the room too. 

It's 2015 already, I need to debut, we need to debut.

As I warmed up, getting ready to dance, my eyes diverted to the group of guys sitting at the front. They were the next team to debut, the group that's popular among all trainees, they're known as iKon.

Hanbin and his team,one of the longest and respected trainees, was sitting right in the middle, along with the teachers and CEO..of course. 

I've always felt jealousy towards them as they were always referred to as the new group that will debut next after Winner. I wish that could've been us but it was always obvious that our CEO prefers boy groups than girl groups. Despite my anger and jealousy towards these guys though, I know deep in my heart that I will always have a soft spot for them. We have be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter