Better

Moonlight & Sunshine (MoonSun's One-Shot Collection)

"Just gonna stay when you need me, and walk away when you don't."

_______________________________________________________

“Byul-ah, I am really tired! Can we go home now?”

 

Yongsun had both of her hands on her hips as she stopped running to catch some breath. Right in front of her was Byulyi who was still pedalling her bike like an elementary school kid. Though they both already hit their 20’s, but somehow they can still play child games like hide-and-seek and running around together. And the fact that Yongsun is just staying next door had Byulyi always asked the older girl to accompany her sometimes or joining her doing some weird and stupid stuffs.

 

Byulyi let out a very loud teasing laughter. “Unnie! Come on, this is why I always invite you to join me to the gym on weekends.” Byulyi closed her eyes as she felt some tears on her eyelids due to how often she kept on laughing. Little did Byulyi knows that she was pedalling to the wrong way.

 

Yongsun saw that and wanted to stop her but it was too late as she watched Byulyi already fell off her bike after she accidentally struck a huge rock. She quickly ran to Byulyi who was laying on the road; holding her wounded and bleeding right knee. Yongsun saw how Byulyi scrunched up her face in pain, and it was making her worried to death.

 

“Dummy! I already told you to be careful lot of times. See now?”, Yongsun softly scolded the younger girl. She slowly got on her knees to check Byulyi’s wound. It was not that deep cut but Yongsun just felt really worried to hear Byulyi’s painful pleas over and over. A deep frown replaced on her face when she stared at Byulyi back. “Is it hurts?”

 

Byulyi threw a pair of puppy eyes to her and nodded. “Very much, unnie.”

 

“Aish!”, Yongsun let out a small sigh. Those eyes can always make her forget about everything that she has been dealing with before.

 

Yongsun quickly ped her sling bag and fished out for some bandages that she always brought along with her; in case if something happen; like how it was right now. Yongsun carefully wrapped the white bandage around Byulyi’s right knee to cover up the wound that eventually has stopped bleeding since a while ago. Sometimes she can hear Byulyi whimpered saying that it was hurting her but Yongsun just ignored it. She knew Byulyi was trying to test her patience.

 

“There! Open this bandage when you arrive home and wash it quickly– don’t be such a cry baby please!” Yongsun had a stern face when Byulyi still keeping that puppy eyes of hers.

 

It was kind of funny to tease Yongsun because the older girl can react in such a very silly yet hilarious way sometimes. Byulyi gave her a sweet smile. “Thank you, Yongsun. I love you.”

 

Yongsun almost burst out of happiness before it quickly crashed down when she heard Byulyi’s last sentence.

 

“You are like a very great sister to me.”

 

Yongsun can feel a painful pang hit right to her chest. It really stings a lot until she felt like a gush of tears wanted to flow out of her eyes but she tried her best to hold it. Yongsun was able to reply back a smile that almost looks fade and sad to the younger girl.

 

“Just... I love you too.”, she managed to speak, it sounded almost like a whisper.

 

Later on, there was a car stopped nearby and a pretty young lady walked out from the driver seat so gracefully. Byulyi just knew right away who was it and quickly made her way to the lady even she needed to walk with injured knee. They exchanged a quick glance to each other before smiled and pulled themselves into a very tight hug.

 

“Soojung-ah! You finally back!”, Byulyi cried right beside Soojung’s ear and tightened the hug. They stayed in that position for a good minute before they finally pulled away.

 

Soojung had a very huge grin on her face. “Yes, Byulie. I am back for you.” She gave a soft peck to Byulyi’s right cheek which has caused the other girl to blush madly.

 

Somehow in the middle of still letting their feeling of missing each other, Byulyi just remembered about Yongsun who was still with her. So she was planning to introduce the two girls with one another since they have never meet before. But when Byulyi turned around to look for Yongsun, she was nowhere to be found. Only the sight of her bike that was still on the ground greeted the pair of her eyes. She wandered her eyes around to look for any signs of the older girl anywhere but failed. Yongsun was missing.

 

“Are you looking for someone else, Byulie?”, Soojung asked her confusedly.

 

Byulyi looked back at Soojung and slowly nodded. “I was with my friend before.” Byulyi turned around again to look for Yongsun but still she didn’t see any shadows of the older girl. Byulyi heaved a very heavy sigh. She just has the thought that Yongsun maybe wanted to give some space to both of them and walked away without her knowing. Byulyi finally just gave a small smile to Soojung. “Hey, let’s go to my house!”

 

“Yes, that just what I planned! Let’s go.”

 

Then, the two of them got into the car and Soojung drove their way to Byulyi’s house. Little did Byulyi knows, Yongsun was hiding behind some huge bushes and trees and was silently crying there.

 

Yongsun always knew, life wouldn’t always be like how she wants. To have Byulyi in her arms, safe and sound, is just a fairy tale to her.

 

Yongsun would rather let Byulyi stays with someone that is better than just as a sister. And, better than her.

 

FIN

_______________________________________________________

A/N: Just a quick scribble of what's been lingering in my mind for quite some times. Anyway, have a very good day/evening everyone!

p/s: MAMAMOO's comeback is really mind-blowing and amazing! Queens just keep on slaying. <3