2/2

You make my heart shake (bend and break)

Chenle's p.o.v

I shrugged my jacket and slung my bag on my shoulder.When I walked out of the classroom,my best friend,Park Jisung was already there,his back towards me.I smiled.He's always waiting for me.That's so Park Jisung.Always so sweet.Maybe that's why I like him more than a friend.But I can't tell him that.He might not feel the same way and I don't think I can handle the rejection.Plus,where we live is a place that won't accept that relationship.I hate this blue neighborhood.

How I fell for him? I myself am looking for the answer to that.Maybe it's when my heart thump so fast when he smiles? Maybe when he wrinkels that cute nose? Maybe when I felt the world is right when we laughed together? I spent some nights trying to figure out how I ended up like this.Yet I still don't know.

"Hey,sorry did I make you wait?"

He turned towards me and smiled. "Nope it was quick"

We walked home together,as usual talking about random things.My fingers playing with a loose string on my jacket.I remembered how I bought it.

 

We were at the mall.I was checking out the leather jacket that was on display.Beside it was a big poster of a male model modelling the jacket.

"Sungie, don't you think that model looks good with this jacket?",I turned to him.

He glanced at the poster and pursed his lips. "No"

"No? Then who do you think would look better in it? Me?"

He looked at me and nod. "Yeah"

I got flustered at the low-key compliment that I feel my face growing hot.

"Oh,um...thanks",I managed to say.

Then I bought the leather jacket the next day.Not because Jisung thinks I look good in it. (Okay fine it is because of that)

 

I still remembered the way he stared at me when I wore this piece of clothing.A sudden bump woke me from my thoughts.I glanced beside me only to find Jisung on the ground.

"Sungie! Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?",I panicked.

He quickly got up again, dusting his pants. "No,I'm fine.Just a little scratch on my hand"

"Let me see",I said and grabbed his hand. The scratch was small.But what if germs got into the wound? What if it turned into a big infection wound? Oh my god, what if he has to go to a hospital for this?

I didn't realize I was fussing with his hand until he pulled it away.

"I'm fine.It's just a small scratch.I'll be fine",he said and smiled reassuringly. I wanted to smile back but then I saw his face extremely red.I panicked again.

"Sungie,your face is red.Are you having a fever?",I cupped his face in my hands.

"Um,no I don't think so"

For a minute we just stared at each other,so lost in each other's eyes.Jisung's eyes were black.It felt like staring into the galaxy.Calming and beautiful. I wish to stare a bit more but we both noticed we were staring a bit too long.I pulled back my hands so fast as if Jisung was made of fire. I looked away.Oh my god that was so embarrassing but I liked it.Stop it Chenle he might not feel the same way! Oh no I'm heating up...

The walk back home turned akward after that.We both had nothing to say.I was thinking of telling him about my feelings.Should I?

We reached Jisung's house when I had gathered the guts to tell him.Here it goes.

"Jisung,I-"

But he was gone.Already inside the house. I sigh.

Maybe tomorrow.Yeah,tomorrow I'll tell him.I can't hold it in much longer.

He drives me wild.