Golden cage

Golden Cage

Y/N POV 

 

I rushed into the dining room, Yoongi was sitting at the breakfast table, reading his newspaper. I stood next to him, he didn't even move an inch. I tapped his shoulder and tried to get his attention. He finally turned and looked up to me. 

 

"Did you see my phone?" 

 

"No" he said.

 

"Liar, you took it didn't you?"

 

"Why should I ?" he set his newspaper aside and he got up. I gulped and stepped back nervously "I don't remember buying you a phone"

 

"It's a gift from a friend"

 

"You mean Jimin?" he asked. I nodded eagerly, I knew he must have had something to do with this. I tried to get on his good side, tugged his black blazer and pleading with my eyes. Yoongi raised his eyebrow.

 

"Listen, I have nothing to do with your missing phone" he brushed me off and walked out of the dining room. Yoongi smirked as he walked out of the house. "Good luck finding it" he held the phone in his hands, turned it on and saw the background picture of them, there were a couple of texts from Jimin.

 

"Y/N I had a good time yesterday ^.^"- Jimin

"Me, too"-Y/N

"Let's hang out again sometime" -Jimin

 

Irritated at what he saw, he tossed the phone into the nearby pond. 

 

The rest of the day I continued to look for my phone. I even sneaked into Yoongi's study, there was no way it just disappeared. Only Yoongi had access to the whole house, this was not his first time hiding my stuff. /aish, Sometimes he is really childish/ 

Finally the sun set, I dropped myself onto the bed, sad that the gift from a friend went missing.There was a knock at the door.

"Miss, are you looking for this?" said the maid. I looked at what she was holding, /My phone/ 

"Thank you"

I tried to turn it on but it was not working. 

"Our gardener found it in a shallow part of the pond, I think it's broken now" Said the maid. Defeated I looked at the phone, I opened the drawer next to my bed and placed the gift box along with many other trinkets. After the maid left Mrs.Kim came in and she handed me a small paper bag. 

 

"Young master wants me to give this to you" she said.

 

I took the bag, inside the bag was a well wrapped black box. I opened it and saw a new cell phone. I was sulking that he pulled this type of stunt again. I should have known. 

"You're not going to stay mad at him are you?" she asked me. 

 

"He went too far, I finally made a friend"

 

"Maybe you should have a talk with him" She said.

I already felt nervous just at the thought of talking to him.

 

"Just give it a try, maybe talking to the young master isn't that bad"

 

I nodded my head and let her know I will talk to him.

 

/ I'm afraid of his unpredictable mood./

 

Before Mrs Kim left the room she turned around and looked at me "Miss, young master, he might not deny what you're asking for if it's reasonable" 

 

My phone vibrated. The only contact number that listed. 

 

/Since you want a phone I give you one/ -Yoongi

 

I never replied back. Still pissed off that he threw my phone into the pond. 

 

~~~~

 

That night I decided to take Mrs Kim advise and tried to talk to Yoongi. Maybe set some rule between us. 

 

I stood in front of his study, there was a tray of orange juice and a midnight snack. I felt like taking an offer from the devil himself. Not going to lie, my hand was shaking. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

 

"Come in" 

/here we go/

I peeked my head first, Yoongi seemed busy, he had a document on his desk. Its already 11:30pm and he was still working. He finally looked up, after he saw me he turned back to focus on what he was doing.

 

"Well, don't just stand there," he looked at me again, and signaled me to sit on the chair in front of him. I set the orange juice and the snack on the table. He looked at me like I had two heads, I took a seat in front of him and his attention is all on me. I raised my hands and started to tell him what I've been wanting to say.

 

"I think we need to talk.... I don't like how you've been treating me, Yoongi, all this years I've been going along with it and I'm tired" he didn't say anything but leant back against his chair, his eyes still looking straight into mine. "I want to have a normal life, I want to go out and have a good time just like a girl my age" I tried so hard to keep our eye contact. The library was dead silent but at the same time there was a battle exchange and my nerves were almost giving up on me. 

 

"Is that all you want?" 

 

I nodded my head. 

 

"If you want to go out, have the driver take you. I will hire a bodyguard tomorrow, then you could go out as you please, but be home before sunset " 

 

"Yoongi! You are too much, time limit and bodyguard ?" 

 

"You are acting like a child right now, I already agreed to let you go outside and have fun with you friends" his eyes narrowed. "Unless you don't want it"

 

/aish... that's all he is going to give me... better than nothing... this battle will continue another day/

 

"Fine! I take the deal" I got up, reached out my pinky over his desk. "Pinky swear"

 

It took a moment for him to hook his pinky against mine. I tried to let go of his hand instead he pulled me in, and he leant in closer that our faces barely touched "remember, the moment you make a mistake our deal is over" my heart beat so fast, he finally let go of my hand and I took three steps back.  

 

"Next time, reply to my text," He said and went back to work. The memory of my broken phone popped in my head. Irritated, I unconsciously raised my hand to flip him off. /I saw it in a movie, when someone was pissed off/ Yoongi raised his head just in time to see my act.

 

"Maybe I will reconsider and cancel our agreement" he said, unamused.

 

"Sorry, I'm going now" I ran out of the study before he changed his mind. Yoongi tried hard to hold his laugh. He wait until he felt that she was no longer outside of his door, than he finally burst out a good laugh. "Ah~ this is really refreshing, to see you actually show some backbone" he picked up the snack and ate it.

 

~~~

 

The next couple of days went really smoothly. Apparently, my driver and my bodyguard was only one person, he was Mrs. Kim's nephew. A good looking young man, I tried to make a conversation with him a couple of times, but he was not much of a talker.  I could go out and meet Ella regularly now. We went to the movies and shopping again. Since it was her birthday party coming up, she helped me pick out the dress. I also texted Jimin, since I got his number from Ella. 

 

"So you're going around town with him following you around ?" Ella looked at my bodyguard. Who sat at a table away from us. I texted her "Yes, or else Yoongi, wouldn't let me leave the house"

She gave me a weird look. I texted her again.

 

"Because I'm mute, he probably think it would be better to have someone watch over me" 

 

"Maybe I should talk to Yoongi," Ella said. I looked at her, happy that she was willing to help me. "Having a bodyguard following you everywhere is not normal" 

 

I agreed with her. 

 

"By the way, what is your bodyguard's name?" she ask me. 

 

"Kim Taehyung, he's handsome isn't he?" I texted her again. Ella look at him again.

 

She got up to introduce herself to him, but Taehyung just sat there unbothered and said only one or two words back to her. I watched Ella from afar, not sure what was going on, was she flirting with Taehyung? No way, she Yoongi's fiance. 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

"Call me if anything happens"- Yoongi hung up the phone.

 

He stood in his office looking down from the high building. Behind him a group of men in business suits sitting quietly waiting for his decision. One man was on his knees begging. Begging for what? He wasted his money on this man's investment. He had the nerve to ask him for more and now the debt was over his head. Pathetic. 

 

He walked over to the man that knelt on the ground. The man grabbed onto his leg "please give me more time, I will find the money and I will pay you back" 

 

"Can you?" Yoongi said.

"Yes! Sir, please just a little more time" The older man teared up and sweat dripped to his white dress shirt. 

Yoongi's men untangled the man from him. Yoongi took a seat at the head of the table. 

"I'm a businessman, not a loan shark" he looked down at the man. "I'll give you three days" 

 

"That's too short, how can I come up with that much money, please I need more time" he cried.

 

"When you come to my office asking me for that amount, I give it to you the same day. Why can't you do the same to me, you break the deal, you should've man up and face the consequences" 

 

"I have family" the man said.

 

"You should have known when you tried to make a deal with me" 

 

The man was dragged out from the office along with many curse words " Monster! you don't have a heart! One day you will regret it! One day you will be like me!"

 

Yoongi pov 

 

Monster, devil, killer, I've heard it all and maybe I am all of them. I'm just trying to survive in this ed up world. I turned to look at my followers, some of them might be thinking of how to kill me right now. A bunch of greedy bastards, power and money that's what they all want. 

 

"Three days, ain't you too soft on him?" Said one of the man.

"I would have killed him and his family" another one said.

 

"Like I said I'm a businessman, not part of the mafia" I said, I took out my phone and text y/n what I wanted to eat tonight for dinner. I looked at her photo in my phone, a girl sitting in the garden, she was holding a book in her hand. She didn't even know I took the photo.

 

"What happens after three days?" a female voice chimed in. Dark hair and green eyes pierced deep into me. The red lip curved into a seductive smile.  

 

"He knows what to do" I looked at my phone again waiting for her reply. 

***************

 

🙂