Bonus

Windshield Wipers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul smiled remembering telling Wheein and Hyejin about meeting Kim Yongsun, then about how she wanted to marry the older girl during the first date.


 

“You remember Jung Sooin from Imaginary Cat?”


 

Hyejin and Wheein was quiet and thought a little bit, “No.”


 

“Really? I mean you two haven't seen that classic?” Byul sighed, despairing of the two younger girls.


 

“So she's beautiful.” Wheein nodded barely registering the woman's face as she didn't see her that night.


 

Hyejin left the two to talk as she can just get the full details from Wheein later.


 

Byul nodded like a kid. “Yeah, but you know how some women know how beautiful they are? Well, Yongsun doesn't. She's natural, and you know what? She likes to climb, she can ski, she loves animals, she's smart, funny, she can sing like a dream, arti--”


 

“Doesn't her halo get in the way?” Wheein teased.


 

Byul laughed. “No, the wings do, a little, but they're kind of y. I'm telling you, this is, she's the one.”


 

Yongsun had insisted she take the window seat so she would have a better view of what they flew over. They were on the north side of the plane and for the past hour she had been watching it's shadow glide over the sea. One of the many things that Byul admired about Yongsun, was the effortless way she fell asleep. No matter where she was, no matter how much noise or motion or fully-fledged chaos was going on around her, once her eyes closed and head rested she was already in dreamland in the count of twenty. On this occasion, the resting place was on Byul’s shoulder. She removed the younger girls glasses, kissed her beck and nestled there shortly after the  flight attendant took away their barely touched meal trays and even though she was finding it a little uncomfortable, she didn't want to wake her sun. She liked the feel of the older woman’s breath on her neck, rhythmic and warm. Unknown to the younger woman though, was that Yongsun wasn't really asleep was just enjoying Byul’s warmth.


 

It was more than four months now since Byul had called to claim her wipers. And although Yongsun would have happily consigned the whole saga of theft, retaliation and counter-retaliation to the history books, never to be mentioned again. Because Kim Yongsun was still mortified over what she had done. Byul had told all of her friends about it. As did Yongsun, or atleast, all those she’d allowed the younger girl to meet. And during the telling, if she was present, the older woman would dutifully grin and hang her head in comic yet heartfelt shame.


 

If she was shocked at herself for stealing Byul’s parking space, she was almost equally shocked at how quickly the two of them had become, what her mother called, in a disparaging tone, “an item.” An even greater shock to her was that she had been straight. Had, past tense until she met Byulyi. Since breaking off her engagement with Jung Kisuck the previous spring, Yongsun didn't date anyone and was e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter