I Need a Girlfriend... Or Do I?

A Stranger I Will Remember

Lying on the couch, I find myself completely in boredom as I struggle to find things to fill my time with. With my right hand lying over my forehead, the other brushed through the thick carpet below. I let out a sigh and looked around.

  Changsun, Byung Hee and Sung Ho hyung had all made a pack to go to some road trip to the Nature reserve this week. Cheolyong on the other hand was staying at his sister’s for the week. He said he suddenly missed his sister and decided to stay there for a week. Therefore, making it just me, alone, in the apartment for the upcoming week.

  I sat up and dropped my feet to the ground as I think deeply for something to do. I looked to my right where the gym was but I didn’t feel the need to do crunches. I looked to the gun sitting on the coffee table before me and thought of going to the gun range down at base but I had no mood to shoot at anything. Instead, I stood up, went to my room and packed up a change of clothes as I decide to visit the boxing club downtown.

  Putting on my jacket on, I stuff my gun lastly in my duffle and just walked out before locking it. I made a short trip to the old lifts and just leaned against the wall of it as I wait for it to reach the ground floor. Once I was out, I decided to just walk seeing it wasn’t far.

  The night was still young as the streets were quiet and cold. I gripped my duffle’s strap and increased my pace so I’d reach the place quicker and get started already. It wasn’t much of a surprise that the boxing club had a number of people around. A fellow boxing mate caught sight of me and greeted me as I entered. He offered to have a match out but I kindly declined as I told him I was more of in the mood for the punch bag.

  I stopped by my locker and just slid off my and t-shirt, with only my tank top as my top and changed into a pair of shorts. I changed out of my sneakers and into my Tennis shoes before sliding on my red boxing gloves and head for one available punch bag.

  I started slow, merely punching it lightly and swerving side-to-side as if I was faced with a real component. As the time flew by, my punches increased in force and I had started to move more by circling the punch bag and kneeing it so to give me the satisfactory of releasing my frustrations for the day. I noticed someone watching me intently as I punched but never showed any care.

  “Want to talk about it?” she asked suddenly and I gave the punch bag one last blow with a high kick. Its hook shook as if it might just break and drop the bag any minute. “Guess you don’t need to,” she concluded judging from my kick.

  I turned around and lazily walked over to her as I asked, “What do you want CL?” I sat on the bench she stood by and grabbed my bottle of water before spritzing its contents into my dry mouth.

  She crossed her arms and said, “Now, now, that’s no way to treat your senior now, isn’t it?”

  I snorted and said, “Whatever.”

  “Hey,” she said as she settled beside me and came closer; ignoring the fact I was giving her the cold shoulder, “I heard your recent job was a team. How was it?”

  I eyed her and answered flatly, “Why do you ask?”

  “Because . . . you know how I like it when you tell me how you kill off somebody,” she said with a proud smile on her face before looking around the place.

  “I had help,” I said simply as I pushed myself up and made way to the punch bag yet again.

  “Oh, so it wasn’t a solo?” she asked as she stood behind the punch bag.

  “I had the team this time around,” I answered and held the bag still seeing she was making it sway by clinging onto it. “Now, could you please excuse me?” I asked her and she made a face before rolling her eyes and left me alone. She was probably going to look for another junior to interrogate and spill the beans about their jobs again.

  I steadied the punch bag and took a deep breath before starting slow. As I punched, memories of that night came back.

 

                              *                                             *                                             *

 

“Alright, Sang Hyun,” Sung Ho started as we had all gathered and made a circle behind the van. “You know what to do,” he said simply as I nod to show him I recalled my part in tonight’s affair from our briefing an hour ago.

  Sung Ho then turned his attention towards the whole team and reminded, “Remember, stick to the plan and if all else fails, get out of there.”

  “Copy that,” Byung Hee stated smugly before checking his gun and smirking. “Now who’s ready to kick some ?” he asked everyone which lit up the mood.

  “Come on, let’s go,” Sung Ho said and pulled the door open, letting the four of us get out first before he did.

  We all touched up our camouflage and covers before entering the warehouse stationed close by. I was disguised as a user while Sung Ho and Byung Hee were acting as dirty cops. Changsun came in later as an affiliate of one of the guys we were hitting on tonight so he was dressed to match the group.

  As all of us were in our places, playing our supposed roles, Cheolyong comes in, locks the ware house doors and yells, “Happy Lunar New Year everybody!!” With that, he took out two smoke bombs in each hand and threw them into the air as they were activated.

  Immediately, I took out my machine gun from under my coat and shot everyone around me, leaving no survivors as Sung Ho and Byung Hee fired their guns at the oncoming company. Cheolyong helped me by fending off the guys from coming close to Changsun who had rushed to the computer once the smoke bombs had been diffused. He plopped onto the seat and started tapping on the keys of the keyboard as fast as lightning, searching for the information we were after.

  I killed off the guy who lay on the ground beside Changsun in which Changsun had injured when he wanted to get behind the computer. I stood behind Changsun and asked, “Any luck?”

  “Need time,” he answered and looked up briefly to say, “Cover for me.”

  “Hand me your gun,” I said and without tearing his eyes off the screen, he reached over to his back where his gun was and just stuffs it in my palm. “Thank you,” I told him and stood in front of him as I held the gun in one hand and fired up my machine gun in the other. Each man who came near us was either dead or badly hurt.

  As I was exchanging my magazine, I hadn’t realized there was a guy on the ground aiming his gun at me. I didn’t notice until Changsun yelled out. I turned around and the computer monitor had a hole in it. Luckily, Changsun was still in good condition but now, we were in a dilemma.

  “Yah, I thought I told you to cover me!!” he yelled at me.

  “Oh, stop whining and move on to plan B,” I told him and turned around to the guy to blame before inserting a number of bullets in his chest with my machine gun.

  “How’s the file transfer?!” Byung Hee yelled from across the room as he and Sung Ho seek shelter behind a turned table.

  I yelled back, “Time for plan B!!” as I threw my machine gun aside and resorted my 9mm calibre instead.

  “Great timing, there’s too many of them anyway!!” Sung Ho yelled and then called out to Cheolyong who was hiding by the side in waiting. Sung Ho yelled, “Cheolyong, time for plan B!!” and he made an ‘OK’ sign with his hand, accompanied by a wink and a cunning smile.

  Cheolyong took off his jacket and revealed a knapsack worn on his back. He slid it off, and fished out a timer from his trench coat before sticking it to the knapsack. He pressed a button and it lit up. He then yelled to us, “You have five minutes!!”

  “Changsun,” I said, turning to him to see what he was up to.

  “Don’t pressure me,” he said as he was crouched down by the PC, just waiting for his little palm pamphlet to beep ‘Transfer Complete’.

  Byung Hee and Sung Ho joined us by our side while they were still shooting the coming company. “Guys, we better move it,” Byung Hee said as he threw his gun aside after his gun had run out of bullets.

  “Done!” yelled Changsun and he was pulled by Cheolyong as everyone made a run for it to the back where the large windows were.

  As we ran, shots were fired and bullets whistled past us. I looked over my shoulder and caught sight of the remaining people chasing us. I then caught sight of the CCTV camera at the top corner. Was there a possibility we were being filmed? Sung Ho didn’t tell us there would be any surveillance cameras.

  “Sang Hyun, come on!” yelled Sung Ho as I was quite far behind compared to them.

  I gained up my speed and jumped up about the same time they did so we would jump through the window together. Just as our feet were to touch on the ground, the warehouse exploded, throwing us off for practically about a few feet more away. As soon as I landed on the hard pavement, I covered my head as the pieces of the warehouse joined us on the floor.

  Once I was sure it was safe to lift up my head, I turned around and took a good look at the enflamed warehouse while coughing out the soot that entered my lungs. “Let’s go,” I heard Sung Ho say and was helped up y Byung Hee before making a run for the van.

 

                    *                                             *                                             *

 

I was walking back to the apartment, deep in thought when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I fished it out and smiled to myself when I saw the caller ID. It was late, why would she call at this hour?

  I tapped the green ‘Answer’ button and greeted, “Hey sis.”

  “Hello my cute little brother!!” Sandara replied back cheerfully. “What are you doing?” she asked as I hear her settle on her bed.

  “I’m on my way back to the apartment,” I answered simply as I step into my apartment building.

  “Eh, how come you’re not with the guys? I thought you guys had planned on some road trip,” she said.

  “I decided not to tag along,” I said as I step into the lifts and it noisily lifted me up to my floor.

  “So, you’re all alone now, aren’t you?” she asked in a glum tone.

  “Yeah,” I answered in a sigh as I open the door and slam it shut before locking it and throwing my duffle onto the couch as I joined it.

  “Want to stay at my place for the week?” she offered so suddenly, which made me laugh.

  “Yah, I’m not a kid anymore, I can handle being alone by myself, alright,” I told her.

   “Just because you are what you are, doesn’t mean you have to be alone in life,” Sandara pointed out as I hear her turn over on her bed. “You should get yourself a girlfriend, Sang Hyun,” she suggested.

  “And why is that?” I asked as I pushed myself up and headed to the fridge to look for something to drink.

  “Well, at least when you’re bored or alone, you could just drop by at her place,” Sandara explained.

  I chuckled and reasoned, “With my profession, I don’t think any girl would be interested.”

  “Hey, just because you’re a cold-blooded spy doesn’t mean there’s no love for you,” Sandara argued.

  “Says one who kills them after she’s got what she needs,” I said casually as I took a sip of my orange juice that I had poured for myself a while ago.

  “Hey, those were all jobs okay!” she told me and I merely sneered. “Look, I’m serious here, get yourself a girl. At least she’ll be able to help you out when you’re having your moments, huh?” she insisted and made my smile fade.

  “Alright, I’ll see if I’m in the mood,” I told her and wished her, “Goodnight.”

  “Goodnight, little bro!” she replied back cheerfully and hung up.

  I tossed my phone across the counter and leaned forward as I lost myself in my thoughts again. ‘Get a girlfriend, she says,’ I thought and rolled my eyes at the ludicrous idea of it all. I brought my glass of orange juice to the living area where I dropped onto the couch and placed my half empty glass on the coffee table. After giving it some thought, ‘Maybe a girlfriend isn’t such a bad idea’.  

 


 

 

The reason as to why I'm writing a SangHyun fic is cuz, I had a dream about it and, I just, I HAD to write it down. Well, the dream doesn't really include this first chapter. I created this because I wanted it to make sense. And so, I hope you guys like this....

Comment and if you like, subscribe... ^^ Do wait patiently for the next chapter. I'mma post it up real soon.

 

 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003