달빛 소리 (Moonlight Melody)

Moonlight Melody

A/N: First time writing something like this, please do leave comments if you liked it, or have something I could improve on ^^ It's optional to listen to Moonlight Melody while reading this drabble =)

Moonlight Melody

I kept these feelings to myself every night. That night however, the moon was especially bright. You made my heart flutter and beat so much that night. It's as if you were making it play a melody. Your melody. I tried to control myself, but nothing seemed to be going my way. I tried to not blurt out the words of confession, so I distanced myself from you. The moonlight, shining brightly onto you, as if telling me to confess my feelings. The distance I tried to create, ended up being in vain.

“I love you, Seulgi.” Irene said, mustering all the courage she had to confess.

To late it was, however. Seulgi was no longer a part of her life. Already chasing her own dreams and ambitions abroad. Irene, staring at a picture of her star in the night sky. Irene waits silently at their usual hangouts every day, yet never able to see her again. Memories of their time spent sharing an apartment together while in university, all those times Irene had crushed on Seulgi, all the times Seulgi made her heart flutter. Irene laughs to herself, as memories that felt so fresh floods through her mind again today. She wished she had confessed to her earlier. She couldn't experience those feelings again. Those precious and unforgettable feelings.